Utility Goggles problem

Kodama.6453

In the balance preview stream, they mentioned that they are buffing utility goggles once again because they finally want to see it taken anywhere.

At least in PvE.... am I the only one who thinks  that the utility goggles themselves are not the big problem? What annoys me about them the most in that game mode is that the toolbelt skill does NOTHING. It applies revealed to all enemies in range, but 99% of all enemies in PvE do not stealth, so in PvE this skill is really just "1/2s cast time, do nothing".

Can we get something added to detection pulse? Like fury for all allies in range for 6 seconds or 10 stacks of vulnerability for all enemies hit? Just something that makes me feel like I am not wasting a toolbelt skill by taking utility goggles?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I've never used utility goggles in PvE personnally. The effect are underwhelming and if I want a breakstun, I would just take slick shoes because not only does it gives a breakstun + superspeed on its toolbelt skill every 20 sec, but the actual skill has a decent CC damage although it only triggers once. 

That being said I remember pre HoT release, the utility goggles would apply reveal AND 10 stack of vulnerability (or something along that number) to the targetted opponent. You actually find that effect as a passive when you CC an opponent using the middle Tool trait so the thing is still there.