Staff auto attack

DylanLucas.6058

On 2/5/2023 at 6:20 AM, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

anet should increase all projectile velocity of autos in ele. there are no proper spike damage options which why weavers are not wanted in wvw zergs. we know ele doesnt bring anything out of damage. but spike damage lacks a lot for only damage class.

Edit: but yes I totally agree the autos need velocity increases. Very slow and low damage.

This is mostly not true, speaking as a staff weaver for like 5 years now. We went from being meta but no one wanting to admit it was meta because you had to be super good at it in order for it to be meta, .... To bring "almost meta/still very good/still getting top damage in a lot of cases". The spike damage is still there.

I.e. meteor + lava font + fire storm // fresh air full attune to air for double buff // air 2 air 5 // earth 2, see if u can hit something with earth 3 check for projectile blocks // water 2 water+earth3 // fresh air single attune > air+water3 // fresh air full air attunement // fire 2 lava font, if meteor is on CD go to earth, then cast meteor again

Plenty of spike damage in that rotation and I didn't even include fiery great sword 

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5

15 hours ago, solemn.9670 said:

I.e. meteor + lava font + fire storm // fresh air full attune to air for double buff // air 2 air 5 // earth 2, see if u can hit something with earth 3 check for projectile blocks // water 2 water+earth3 // fresh air single attune > air+water3 // fresh air full air attunement // fire 2 lava font, if meteor is on CD go to earth, then cast meteor again

And then a wild LB ranger notices you *sad violin music*

• Thanks 1

This is honestly the biggest change staff needed. Staff is very bad for solo play simply because its damage outside of Fire is dramatically undertuned. Because Eles need to swap attunements to get decent utility, this ends up gimping the weapon and making it only useful for dedicated support in a large group.

Saying "it's a support weapon" isn't really an excuse to rationalize why Water & Earth autoattacks do less than half the damage they should, and even air is quite a bit less hard-hitting than it should be. 

Edited by Einlanzer.1627
  • Like 5

On 2/7/2023 at 3:40 AM, soulknight.9620 said:

And then a wild LB ranger notices you *sad violin music*

I get the meme but I can't relate

I've been doing it for over 5 years. I really don't want to pull the "git gud" card but when it comes to staff ele that's always been the case.

I have been telling people on this subforum that it's extremely good for years 😅 every player who can't seem to comprehend is coincidentally also not very good at situational awareness, multi tasking etc, when you review their footage

Ppl gotta intuit their dodges

Edited by solemn.9670
  • Confused 3

8 hours ago, soulknight.9620 said:

I was memeing, staff is good, although i wish they did something about MS, it feels a bit lackluster in smaller scale fights. 

My bad my eyes have just seen too much on these forums x). 100%, they butchered meteor shower. The buff to air 2 and ice spike softened the blow but it's just not the same beast, didn't need to be done. It's not like anyone was really playing staff ele to begin with outside of a handful.

Hoping the weave self buff might be good? But taking it over FGS will probably still be way less effective

On 2/6/2023 at 7:35 PM, solemn.9670 said:

Edit: but yes I totally agree the autos need velocity increases. Very slow and low damage.

This is mostly not true, speaking as a staff weaver for like 5 years now. We went from being meta but no one wanting to admit it was meta because you had to be super good at it in order for it to be meta, .... To bring "almost meta/still very good/still getting top damage in a lot of cases". The spike damage is still there.

Plenty of spike damage in that rotation and I didn't even include fiery great sword 

i see your point, ele is still good in long fights, or closed narrow areas, it has sustain but channeling skills are not spike damage in my dictionary. berserker, dragonhunter, scourge, herald show exactly what spike damage is. most of the commanders still think like me.

6 hours ago, RaveOnYou.2819 said:

i see your point, ele is still good in long fights, or closed narrow areas, it has sustain but channeling skills are not spike damage in my dictionary. berserker, dragonhunter, scourge, herald show exactly what spike damage is. most of the commanders still think like me.

Nope sorry. Most commanders are and have been wrong for a long time about this. A few back in the day realized what I'm saying and benefited greatly from adding a few competent staff weavers to their comps and putting me in the "good" parties. Lava font + meteor shower into fresh air dropping FGS attune fire casting FGS 5 cast utility storm glyph fresh air twice will out-dps anything else in the game right now in burst DPS. Often wins fights if done correctly. If ya don't believe me watch my staff vids I've done it many times before and after all the nerfs x) there is nothing that does more dmg in all of WvW lol

Open field or narrow corridor, shouldn't matter if ele is competent. It just depends on their level of experience with WvW situational awareness, movement skills, intuiting dodges before being hit by spikes (I have a sixth sense at this point) etc. 

Just like 4 years ago it doesn't matter who believes me and who doesn't, it's objectively true and is proven by videos.  Comms who know this benefit and comms who don't, do not.

Also the other issue is that very few good staff eles exist anymore lol

Edited by solemn.9670

On 2/7/2023 at 11:53 PM, Jski.6180 said:

I still think at least water 1 should be unblockable as well as earth 1. Slow non dmg attks realty should not be blockable as well.

I feel like not all autos should be projectiles period. Maybe Water can just be something like dropping a bucket of water over your target you know? Earth can be something like Dagger's Earth auto.