Stealth attacks are the cause of dcs at starts of matches

RedAvenged.5217

Also I have a degree in comp sci and this isn’t a normal mistake in coding.

I highly doubt there is a loop that is ending at the wrong time for this and that would be the only reason  someone made an honest mistake on something like this.

either the coders at anet are horrible or someone did that on purpose

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I highly doubt there is a loop that is ending at the wrong time for this and that would be the only reason  someone made an honest mistake on something like this.

I second this. I don't believe it's just a mistake. Signet of Midnight. Stealth attack. Someone is thinking, that it's funny. But it's not. These people must be fired for such actions. Punishment is necessary.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

26 minutes ago, Farseer.1349 said:

I second this. I don't believe it's just a mistake. Signet of Midnight. Stealth attack. Someone is thinking, that it's funny. But it's not. These people must be fired for such actions. Punishment is necessary.

I don’t wanna say “I think they did it on purpose” because at that point I might be a conspiracy theorist.

but for real in almost no world does this happen in normal database coding or even in video game design.

the ONLY POSSIBLE way I can think for someone to do this would require an advanced ddos code being built into the basic mechanic of the game.

I can totally see someone doing this and saying “it will at least happen a lot and people will find out how to do it”

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

20 minutes ago, Deus Fatorum.2473 said:

I actually reported this to anet days ago via ticket, and only got standard chat bot replies...

Anet doesn’t answer on any real issue via support.

I don’t get why they will openly cater to streamers on their own discords and then tell of to our faces- “we aren’t meant to help you people”

anyways I think the bug has gotten worse.

all of a sudden even more ppl are getting dcs

weird asf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Anet doesn’t answer on any real issue via support.

I don’t get why they will openly cater to streamers on their own discords and then tell of to our faces- “we aren’t meant to help you people”

anyways I think the bug has gotten worse.

all of a sudden even more ppl are getting dcs

weird asf

People starting to figure out how to trigger the bug. Now what does one do with this knowledge? Not utilise it? 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Bazsi.2734 said:

People starting to figure out how to trigger the bug. Now what does one do with this knowledge? Not utilise it? 

Idk.

I do know I’ve been called out multiple times now by people who’s social groups are mostly people with multiple perma banned accounts- for wintrading and flaming

😂😂 guess I’m toxic

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/4/2023 at 4:13 PM, RedAvenged.5217 said:

Tested it in arenas with friends.

all stealth attacks cause instant dc at start of match.

not sure if there is another reason but stealth attacks are a 100% way of ddosing people

Exactly how does it work?

By start of match do you mean pregame before match starts or after match starts?

How long of a time interval do you have after the start to get to someone and hit with a stealth attack?

And by stealth attack, do you mean something like LB#3 or I have to attack after being stealthed?

10 minutes ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Exactly how does it work?

By start of match do you mean pregame before match starts or after match starts?

How long of a time interval do you have after the start to get to someone and hit with a stealth attack?

And by stealth attack, do you mean something like LB#3 or I have to attack after being stealthed?

It was before game started.

it is basically someone that stealthed recently attacks you.

im now not sure though because it is also dcing people sometimes with out stealth- so maybe the bug is just some one that stealthed in past min?

I don’t know at this point

Last time we had a similar bug like this, it was caused when you got hit by the skill "jade winds" while the revenant was stealthed. For some reason its always linked to stealth.

But i doubt its on purpose.... its just gw2 spaghetticode.

Remember the time when, for some odd reason, Elementalist EarthDagger#1 would have unlimited range, altho they didnt change anything on elementalist?

Remember when they tried to hotfix it, and that broke rune of Strength leading to it increasing your damage by 125%?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Last time we had a similar bug like this, it was caused when you got hit by the skill "jade winds" while the revenant was stealthed. For some reason its always linked to stealth.

But i doubt its on purpose.... its just gw2 spaghetticode.

Remember the time when, for some odd reason, Elementalist EarthDagger#1 would have unlimited range, altho they didnt change anything on elementalist?

Remember when they tried to hotfix it, and that broke rune of Strength leading to it increasing your damage by 125%?

Pepperidge farm remembers.

Yeah I don't think people remember that GW2 was built from GW1 which parts were written over 20 years ago in what I can only assume is some form of sanskrit by modern standards.
I also remember when mesmer clones would rally people despite not changing anything on mesmer or the rally mechanic. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

Yeah I don't think people remember that GW2 was built from GW1 which parts were written over 20 years ago in what I can only assume is some form of sanskrit by modern standards.
I also remember when mesmer clones would rally people despite not changing anything on mesmer or the rally mechanic. 

The biggest problem isnt that the coding is dated.... the biggest problem is, that none of the guys that initially coded the game, is still working for Anet.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, apharma.3741 said:

TBH the only thing I think is left from the original gw is very basic stuff for logging, collision detection, particle physics... stuff you usually aren't bothered to change anyway.

51 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

The biggest problem isnt that the coding is dated.... the biggest problem is, that none of the guys that initially coded the game, is still working for Anet.

Definitely, especially if documented as well as my devs document things, despite giving them an outline document to work from.

On 2/4/2023 at 3:19 PM, RedAvenged.5217 said:

There's not only one person responsible for verifying whether everything is good to go for prod. It's an oversight,

pushing a game build live that can cause dcs with an interaction so easily identifiable/replicable would not be something you'd build if you were up to some nefarious plan to facilitate win-trading or what have you. You'd hide it better than that. 

5 hours ago, apharma.3741 said:

Definitely, especially if documented as well as my devs document things, despite giving them an outline document to work from.

It's more likely this. It's almost certainly this, actually. Developers are very bad at keeping notes on things they work on. (not all of them, but enough. Commenting code is annoying.) 

Or it's "The devs don't test how skills work on other players because they largely develop for pve" which tracks really kitten well with the last dozen or so class mechanic patches.

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

2 minutes ago, Azure The Heartless.3261 said:

There's not only one person responsible for verifying whether everything is good to go for prod. It's an oversight,

pushing a game build live that can cause dcs with an interaction so easily identifiable/replicable would not be something you'd build if you were up to some nefarious plan to facilitate win-trading or what have you. 

It's more likely this. It's almost certainly this, actually. Developers are very bad at keeping notes on things they work on. (not all of them, but enough. Commenting code is annoying.) 

No I don’t think it’s something to facilitate wintrading

I would think that if someone at the company was to purposely mess something up it would be retaliation for how bad they are badly balancing atm.

but tbh I’m not saying that I believe someone did do it on purpose- I just cannot see how a stealth attack would cause something like the code jumping out of a loop an into an error spot that makes people dc.