Stealth attacks are the cause of dcs at starts of matches

RedAvenged.5217

19 minutes ago, RedAvenged.5217 said:

I would think that if someone at the company was to purposely mess something up it would be retaliation for how bad they are badly balancing atm.

That's a spicy take and I like it. For obvious reasons I hope not, but spicy nonetheless. 

but tbh I’m not saying that I believe someone did do it on purpose- I just cannot see how a stealth attack would cause something like the code jumping out of a loop an into an error spot that makes people dc.

There doesn't need to be any specific issue with logic loops for a specific type of attack to cause a  player to disconnect. many instances of these run at a time, and any interaction with them being handled improperly (even if the logic loops themselves are fine) can cause unexpected behavior. 

When an attack lands there are several behaviors (like rendering the player, handling the damage and its modifiers, its direction, combat logging), many of which are invisible to a user (data associated with whether the attack came from stealth or not and, if so, if any modifiers needed to be applied) that could just fail to be handled or handled improperly.

If there's any mechanism that is monitoring (or not monitoring properly) for these interactions, disconnection of the client is one of the easiest ways to prevent any major issues that may crop up. That may not be preferable, but it could just be a response to another type of issue being caught. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261

5 hours ago, Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

Yeah this is definitely a sleezy cheesy confirm.

Just figured out I can DC 2 or 3 people from their spawn right before a match starts if I stealth with smokescale and then barrage them. It's like anyone that barrage hits, has a chance to DC. It's super dirty if you wait to do it right before it says "the match is about to begin".

This needs to be fixed ASAP.

This sounds like late caching not doing it's job by the looks of it.

As a funny reminder. Some ranger pets don't even have Jade Wind/RotGD textures either. Turning them invisible with the effect. Much of the transparency also breaks with Necro Shades lmfao.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Buffing a certain skill doesnt automatically mean that they are buffing the sustain of a whole profession.

Your playing alot of s/d thief right? heres an example to demonstrate what im talking about.

Ele patchnotes:

-soothing disrupt no longer reduces cooldown of cantrips (like Armor of Earth is one)

Armor of Earth: This skill now grants barrier for each unique boon on the user in addition to its other effects. Reduced duration from 6 seconds to 4 seconds in PvP only. Reduced cooldown from 60 seconds to 40 seconds in PvP only.

Forum: "they are buffing ele sustain!!! What are they doing!"😡

And now i translate it to thief, so you understand what those patchnotes actually mean for the elementalist profession as a whole

Thief patchnotes:

-Trickery no longer reduces cooldown of tricks.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Haste This skill now gives 4 seconds of swiftness (instead of 6)   and it grants 2,5 seconds of quickness (instead of 4) also it grants you 150 barrier for every unique boon on you.   Cooldown decreased from 45 to 40 seconds.

Both of those are not a buff to their respective class, in the sense of making it have more sustain. As both of these skills werent used in any build at all.  They are trying to bring long forgotten skills up to the level that other skills are sitting at, so they can compete with the current options, which alot of them are wayy more obnoxious than the skills that recently received a "buff", for example Earthshield on ele,  and roll for initiative or even shadowstep for your s/d thief.

BUT... neither "Haste" nor "Armor of Earth" will be able to compete with the current options.

So while they are indeed buffing a certain skill, it still wont be picked over, for example, Earthshield.  Looking at the other sustainnerfs that are coming to catalyst..... its a joke to say "they are buffing Elementalist sustain", because its simply not true.

They are reworking Cantrips as a whole! The same way that they are reworking Tricks currently. but are they buffing tricks with this? are they buffing thief with this?

But the Forumcrowd, who got bullied by Cata for the last few months, just sees that there is a cooldown number decreasing for the elementalist profession and is instantly raising their pitchforks.

(not even gonna bother to explain why the staff buffs are 100% irrelevant for pvp.... WvW on the other hand...)

I understand what you mean, but you hurt yourself claiming no one used Trickster.

Trickster has always been one of the best skills on thief, many thief’s purposely take it and it’s even been meta.

these situations come when the devs are completely ignorant of the class.

but hey I’m fine with a trickster buff

Turns out you don't have to be the one to click on someone who came out of stealth either, someone on your team can click and it can DC you and half of your team. Another thing that's been happening to me sometimes... I am not sure what triggers this specifically, but it wont let me back in the match on the same character I DC'd with sometimes. I have to character swap to get back in.

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2023 at 11:48 PM, Cait Sith.4650 said:

Since there are no patches on weekends or Mondays, this will reach, at least, two full weeks of bug/exploit. If not more.

Lol these hard working devs need 4 day weekends every week. Doing nothing for months is exhausting 

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Endorphin.9147 said:

Turns out you don't have to be the one to click on someone who came out of stealth either, someone on your team can click and it can DC you and half of your team. Another thing that's been happening to me sometimes... I am not sure what triggers this specifically, but it wont let me back in the match on the same character I DC'd with sometimes. I have to character swap to get back in.

pretty sure you can just join a server on the same character and it’ll redirect you back to the match.

hopefully that helps…