What will it take for summon flesh wurm cast time being reduced along with spectral walk??

Deltama.2034

The cast time on flesh wurm is insane and should be reduced. When roaming, I have time to make a pot of coffee when the skill finally finishes casting. Nearly all classes have great escapes, stealth, teleports or super speed. Harbinger has increased the amount of movement but the OG classes are on the struggle bus. 

In this case, I'm not asking for a Willbender Reaper 2.0, just a reduction in possible cast time from 1 1/2 to 1/2 second for Summon Flesh Wurm?? And maybe a  CD reduction to spectral walk to keep it in line with other classes for mobility. This case has probably been brought up a lot but hopefully it will receive some attraction. I feel as if a rework of old skills is asking to much but testing of lower CD's could potentially help with the movement meta. 

• Thanks 4

It's truly sad that Spectral's CD reduction didn't survive till today because they used to have a trait that reduced CD but that was removed sometime back for reasons only Anet knows. It was pretty much a popular trait to take because alot of Spectral skills were, and still are, very much used. 

Sad Necro days. 

3 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

used to have a trait that reduced CD but that was removed sometime back for reasons only Anet knows.

Well, we know the reason pretty well. Because they consider cooldown reduction traits to be boring and they are actively working on removing them from the game for a while now. Next patch is going to remove tons of cooldown reduction traits.

About OP: I think the chances to get the cast time for flesh wurm reduced are really slim. It's still a minion type ability and all minion type abilities have the exact same cast time of 1 1/2 seconds. It's probably an intended downside of the skills in the way that you can punish a minionmancer by killing their minions, which forces them to resummon them with a long cast time.

I agree the cast time for the port is high but how many necros i see that dont have instant cast on with allow ground re target ticked on amazes me. Like when u running forward with this u can have max distance ahead why running aswell as having it placed to where mouse moves to why its casting instead of where it was wheb clicking the skill.. i mean how are peeps playing staff without this?? Listen necros make cast instant and tick retarget and practice with mouse and moving placement in cast to where u want it. It will lvl u up quickly 

1 hour ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Well, we know the reason pretty well. Because they consider cooldown reduction traits to be boring and they are actively working on removing them from the game for a while now. Next patch is going to remove tons of cooldown reduction traits.

At least it wasn't replaced with a bad trait, it was replaced with Soul Barbs which is one of the reason why Reaper isn't totally doggy doodoo atm due to it somewhat beefing up out of shroud damage. 

I can only imagine the other reduction traits being replaced with something useful. 

2 hours ago, Kodama.6453 said:

And it's about time. 

Creating skills balanced around a certain CD and then increasing that default CD just so you can make a Trait reducing it again conditionally on that Trait is lazy design. 

They are non-Traits taking the space of potentially actually interesting interactions and effects that should change the way you play a spec. At least imo, that's what Trait's should be. 

It's such a shame that the Trait system has become increasingly passive, non-interactiveTraits like -20% Cooldown, +X% Damage, +X Amount of Y Stats, etc. - rather than actual ways of customizing your playstyle. 

6 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

It's truly sad that Spectral's CD reduction didn't survive till today because they used to have a trait that reduced CD but that was removed sometime back for reasons only Anet knows. It was pretty much a popular trait to take because alot of Spectral skills were, and still are, very much used. 

Just like with the removal of the Cooldown Reduction Traits this upcoming patch, Spectral Walk's CD was reduced in the same patch that it's CDR Trait was removed - as you noted yourself, with something actually good instead. 

It was a win win. 

I hope they keep up that work and turn these things into actually interesting customization (and within less than a decade). 

As for giving Necro better mobility, or any interesting mechanics that aren't "just eat damage and CC", I wouldn't hold my breath. 

Even Beta 1 Harbinger's fun and short CD double 900 range Shroud mobility got hacked to bits for the convoluted Blight stuff before it even saw the light of official launch.

• Like 2

I honestly don't understand how Anet still hasn't lowered Flesh Wurm's cast time.
Being 1.5 seconds out of shroud without being able to do anything just means giving people ample room to easily burst or interrupt you (also given the limited access to stability, especially for the core).

Imagine having to cast defenseless for 1.5 seconds while people vomit CC and Burst on you. We don't ask for instant casts (like the teleports from other classes), we know that Anet wants the necro to be a dummy to test interrupts. We only ask for a realistic cast time (0.25 seconds would be ideal).

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Asum.4960 said:

As for giving Necro better mobility, or any interesting mechanics that aren't "just eat damage and CC", I wouldn't hold my breath. 

I don't think this will ever change. Necro has always tried to adhere to the fantasy of a lumbering juggernaut, so mobility was kept minimal on purpose. What I feel really needs to be done is for them to shrug off movement inhibitions or at the very least gain short burst of Superspeed. Nice place to add this would be as a direct buff to Soul Reaping's Speed of Shadows or Reaper's Relentless Pursuit. 

No gapclosers is fine with me but being forced to sit down with how much exposure to immobs, cripples, slows and such in the game makes Necro feel like a 2nd class citizen in the leg game. As in, where are my legs. 

• Like 2

I just want flesh wurm to not be so terrible when terrain is involved, can totally live with the cd and cast time. Using it and not even moving an inch is one of the most infuriating things in the game for me even if it's not regular.

I don't really see why there needs to be distance and pathing involved, it's a killable object placed in the world, just put me exactly where the wurm is placed please.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1