Feb 3 Preview Thoughts: Eternal Champion

Ovark.2514

I like this proposed change! Its interesting strong, and can be played around.

The issues I see are that while Berserkers will almost always take Savage Instinct even when using the other GM traits, Dead or Alive is too weak compared to Blood Reaction to take it when you're NOT using Eternal Champion.

I would like to see Blood Reckoning get the +2s to berserk duration in PvP like it is in PvE. THEN I would like to see Dead or Alive gain that +2 sec berserk mode duration increase as well. That way, ALL BERSERKER BUILDS can benefit from taking this trait, not just Eternal Champion.

As an added bonus, I would really like to see the damage to healing on both Blood Reckoning and Dead or Alive increased to %50. As it stands, the heal is pretty bad unless you're running it for more burns; and even then I'm not sure it's the best choice. . .

If they add Bloody Roar's DEFENSIVE resistance into Burst of Aggression while compensating with a higher Dmg mod to Bloody Roar and/or Taunt on Zerk mode activation, this trait might be meaningful to pick over Bloody Roar for sustain, while still allowing either playstyle to benefit from the initial burst of defensive boons granted.

• Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, Zuko.7132 said:

If we could manually exit berserk mode, this trait would have a lot more value.

If I understand correctly, you WILL be able to exit Berserk manually, but only if you take the EC trait. So it should be pretty good. Idk if it will be enough for any non-meme Berserker builds to emerge, but it's at least a step in the right direction.

• Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

If they add Bloody Roar's DEFENSIVE resistance into Burst of Aggression while compensating with a higher Dmg mod to Bloody Roar and/or Taunt on Zerk mode activation, this trait might be meaningful to pick over Bloody Roar for sustain, while still allowing either playstyle to benefit from the initial burst of defensive boons granted.

Agreed; moving the resistance to burst of aggression would be an excellent change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

If I understand correctly, you WILL be able to exit Berserk manually, but only if you take the EC trait. So it should be pretty good. Idk if it will be enough for any non-meme Berserker builds to emerge, but it's at least a step in the right direction.

Well then, I’ll actually be trying this out.