Make participation bots actually play the game

coro.3176

It seems in that case (spawn grants no rewards but no decay) is that AFK (who lets face it, are not 100% AFK because they have to go out occasionally to keep their participation up) would go to spawn, at 10 seconds before the skirmish ends, head out someplace outside of spawn to get the rewards, and then waypoint back to spawn.  So I doubt that would be any improvement (and in fact, probably worse, because based on current game logic, they could do that a lot longer before they actually need to do something to refresh their participation)

How about a large signpost at spawn that reads "NO LOITERING" written in a large helvetica bold font (makes it look authentic & serious) That will teach them! :D

I never liked the tickets & participation system currency. I feel it almost breaks with the game mode and would prefer if it was completely deleted actually. IMO there was nothing wrong with wxp & tokens in the first place. Skirmish tickets feel like its more of a game mechanic to promote inactive ppl to logout from wvw, in order to make space for players stuck in queue (if ppl have insanely large queues everywhere, they should xnsfer to a more vacant server really).

But, player styles & participation intensity varies greatly from person to person, and they should all be welcome to join the fun, it's not exactly seriously competitive anymore (atm), and its not pvp. A lot of us that play wvw have over 40k-50k skirmish tickets, so we don't really care too much about participation anymore (the wvw loot/rewards has never been great compared to PvE/PvP anyway, it's just something to collect while doing wvw). Plus, those afk at spawn aren't exactly getting wxp ranks, they are just using a lot of time to get tickets that cannot begotten any other way.

If u play the "afk & participation decay game" it feels like diamond chest takes forever. On the other hand, if u play wvw actively, you often get diamond chest before you realize you are done for the week, plus lots of wxp ranks to boost. Some ppl play from work & have to take breaks often, some prefer being more chat active & social and focus that, or even multitasking stuff. I hand roll my own tobacco and often gotta take small breaks for things like that for example.

On 2/5/2023 at 2:19 PM, coro.3176 said:

Suggestion: While in spawn safe area, players' participation decays as if it hadn't been refreshed

Yeahhhhh I'd support this if it wouldn't also encourage the toxic bullying that I'm pretty sure discourages wvw participation in general. Against the more toxic servers all you have to do is stand in invulnerable while 15 ballistas hit you. In such cases there is no tower or keep for you to stand in. Fix that first, then come back and do this. 

On 2/10/2023 at 6:35 PM, Khalisto.5780 said:

I'd agree with this if they make 7 hours/weekly to max out the skirmish tickets

But I see the reason ppl do it when a new player has to play nearly 20 hours weekly to max out those pips

If I play 3 hours daily for 6 weeks I can prolly get all the other 5 legendary trinkets done while I'd get only the WvW's

They make it feel like a job, ppl obviously gonna cheese it all they can

I just cheked it, if you wood rank and it's stepping on wvw for the first time to farm pips, and don't have commitment bonus and your world places 3rd most of the time.

It's fking 24 hours to max out those pips, half time job confirmed

So much this, I have a couple hundred hours in WvW now but I play mostly support and don't ppt much so my level is low and pips are slow. I basically never cap my boxes each week. Legendary armour is very slow going q.q

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Caliboom.3218 said:

No way, are you telling me that making people play a gamemode they dislike makes them want to take the easiest route? What a surprise! /s

Just make GoBs tradable and add OW legendary armor and you solve the problem while making both parties happy.

Then I want gifts of exploration in wvw too

• Like 1

I have no problems with gifts of exploration being tradable.  Though I'm probably more extreme and think almost everything should be tradable (sure, if you unlock the skin, it becomes account bound at that point, but I don't see much point in all the account bound materials that are there right now).

• Like 1