If you don't get vocal on Mantra changes, you'll regret it

milumilu.1759

On 2/16/2023 at 11:25 AM, oOCitadelOo.2381 said:

I roamed pretty well as FB and can win or be formidable in most encounters.  My streams demonstrated it when I did for a while before I took a break from it. There are plenty of others who can as well from various servers. So, I wouldn't exactly say "useless."

But these changes doesn't do FB's in wvw any justice at all.

You have no stealth and no mobility to disengage or chase. The only thing you have is bloated cele stats that now even war can make better use of.

12 hours ago, Hotride.2187 said:

You have no stealth and no mobility to disengage or chase. The only thing you have is bloated cele stats that now even war can make better use of.

So, you're declaring because of no stealth, and limitations to disengage (which isn't all that bad honestly), means an FB cannot roam? Yeah, faulty logic. Cele stats are just fine. And there are other stats and rune combinations that work as well. For example, Ritualist.

This does not negate the point that the mantra changes have severely limited any FB roamers.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, oOCitadelOo.2381 said:

So, you're declaring because of no stealth, and limitations to disengage (which isn't all that bad honestly), means an FB cannot roam? Yeah, faulty logic. Cele stats are just fine. And there are other stats and rune combinations that work as well. For example, Ritualist.

This does not negate the point that the mantra changes have severely limited any FB roamers.

FB can roam but it's rather difficult and dangerous with its low mobility. You run into an untenable situation, and you're pretty much dead. Willbender at least has a good chance to escape. It has a much easier time chasing too. 

But yes, charging mantras makes it a lot harder for FB to roam in any capacity. 

ANET you add Quality of Life changes to the game and then put charging of mantra’s back in the game. We now have people yelling in comm’s to charge your mantra’s. Mantra’s should automatically begin charging after the final charge is used, and whenever you rez or waypoint. Fix this now.

The mistake was removing the channeling time on FB Mantras to begin with. Now everyone is complaining about missing their QoL when mantras were meant to be charged utilities.

If mantras channeling time wasn't removed we honestly could have had an effect during the channel instead, similiar to how Mesmer's mantras work. If devs are worried about power creep, remove the 3rd powerful mantra and incorporate it into its mantra channeling time.

I think the biggest issue amongst players is feeling like a sitting duck when trying to charge their mantras, that was the whole conversation about FB Mantras to begin with.

• Like 2

QoL on new FB mantras is abyssmal. In WvW, you have people screaming every few minutes, CHARGE YOUR MANTRAS!! No logical person likes the change. Yes it was brain-dead gameplay after the initial change, but reverting to this is worse, and has put a lot of people off playing FB. FB was a class that people were already feeling was a jail cell BEFORE this QoL nerf - this opinion held by pve-ers and wvw-ers mind you. 

Can we at least make the charging meaningful? Something like cast -> cast -> long cast for final charge (with the chanting to appease the RP crowd because clearly that's something they all love). and then however long a reasonable CD should be because the FB needs to take a sip of water or something. 

In its present state, the final charge isn't even strong enough to justify the cool down it gets put into along with the charging time. 

Edited by grimspectre.6981
clarity and formatting
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, grimspectre.6981 said:

QoL on new FB mantras is abyssmal. In WvW, you have people screaming every few minutes, CHARGE YOUR MANTRAS!!

Really? When I played with the old mantras, not once did I hear the comm or anyone go "charge your mantras". There were calls for stab and healing, if you mismanage your CDs (or if the comm makes a bad enough call) your party dies and thats that.

Edited by Hotride.2187

On 2/26/2023 at 8:05 PM, Saiyan.1704 said:

The mistake was removing the channeling time on FB Mantras to begin with. Now everyone is complaining about missing their QoL when mantras were meant to be charged utilities.

If mantras channeling time wasn't removed we honestly could have had an effect during the channel instead, similiar to how Mesmer's mantras work. If devs are worried about power creep, remove the 3rd powerful mantra and incorporate it into its mantra channeling time.

I think the biggest issue amongst players is feeling like a sitting duck when trying to charge their mantras, that was the whole conversation about FB Mantras to begin with.

Mesmer mantras terrible. You never want to use all charges to gain casting effect on mantras as mesmer.