Is the game worth coming back to after leaving upon EoD Launch?

I was originally playing from 2018 until 2020, and then I slowed down a lot for 2021 and 2022, and finally quit when EoD came out. In my opinion, they totally kittened the story, the maps were uninspiring, and they had just done loads of edits to nerf rewards from fractals and raids, even though strikes had nothing to substitute that with.

So, today, basically a whole year after quitting, got curious, and went on snowcrows to look at the damage rankings [yes I know this isn't completely reflective of the true meta but it's the quickest way to get an impression] - and I was pleasantly surprised. It didn't seem like some gimmiky kitten that I had gotten used to like the scourge/CFB/HFB/Alac cheese between IBS and EoD.

So, my question is, is the game worth coming back to for a while? The main things that made me quit were:

- REALLY boring new elite specs. I mean come on, compared to HoT and PoF, they are super dull.

- New maps had nothing to do and felt weirdly devoid of NPC life and interesting quests.

- Best way to earn gold by FAR was those kittening abhorrent dragonfall gold runs.

- Stale meta that promotes easy, cheese classes instead of skill or good tactics.

- Awful rewards from High End Content.

Have these issues been kinda fixed? What is the general consensus from people playing the game? I'd love to know. I kittening love gw2 but EoD and all the lead up to it just completely put me off - which is weird considering how the opposite has been reflected in sales.

ty all in advance

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

As far as gold/hour and High End reward , you must be lucky because they buffed them .

For example you can do the the 5x CM Strikes + the Raids in 4-6 hours , while the rest of the population waste 3-4 days doing the monotonus/boring/and diminishing gold/hour OW events , for the same gold .

If you need extra gold you can do those OW events , or wait for the new Strikes , or use an alt account to play the instances for 4-6 hours .

Hopefully now that instance content offers money , we can have more skins ingame (and not in the cashshop)

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Like 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

if you hate it then, you'll hate it now. Maybe GW2 is just not the right game for you.

I don't really hate the game, because to be angry at it, I had to care in the first place. I probably have 3000 - 4000 hours played after all.

All the way through core up to season 3, the game had so much charm. The writing was pretty good, characters had meaning and motivations - the world felt real and it was amazing. Path of fire and season 4 were still pretty good, but IBS was awful and EoD just ruined the immersion for me completely.

Pretty much all the elite specs from HoT and PoF were amazing - so it was only the EoD ones I was dissapointed with.

I don't hate the game - I love the game. I just really don't like how the more recent additions to it don't even compare with the love and charm that the game used to have back when I started playing.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, dwarfholehazz.1549 said:

I love the game. I just really don't like how the more recent additions to it don't even compare with the love and charm that the game used to have back when I started playing.

yeah, EoD was lame at best but nothing new has been added and with the sjw crap been pushed over anything else, I doubt they'll add anything worthwhile in the near future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 3

Yes, of course! There's always something undiscovered to be played, when I initially sped run HoT due to terrible GPS systems unable to let me know where I am, now with mounts and such, I come back to only realize I missed out so much for each map of HoT. Not to mention a few collections that are very nice if not just material-consuming, talking about Pact Marshal Trehearne's GS.

And yes, I agree, the EoD contents are very very underwhelming, even Icebrood and HoT meta still outshine most of it. Not to mention, Dragon's End is still awful and terribly designed with risk of 2 hours with nothing but tears in return. While most of events are there for just only Turtle collection, where most just get it done and never bothered coming back.

Is it worth it now for you has more to do with your pre-dispositions than the game itself.  Ask yourself if you will look at the half-full part, or still in the mood to look at the half-empty part. 
You seem to know enough about the game to decide from there.

• Like 3

What DarkShriek said. There have been few updates since EoD release, apart from the never ending skill updates and balancing patches (still looking forward to the day when I'll be finally able to do a pass of all of my alts' builds, if they stop). If you like trying new builds and skills, there might be something new for you. If you like the story/content, there's nothing new. If you like to farm gold... I have no suggestions (this is usually something that people do for a bit, then they stop because bored).

On 2/6/2023 at 1:40 PM, Arianth Moonlight.6453 said:

if you hate it then, you'll hate it now. Maybe GW2 is just not the right game for you.

I agree. If TC finds the EoD maps 'uninspiring', I really wonder what kinds of maps inspire him 🤔. Nothing really changed much except for more nerfs and maybe a teeny weeny better rewards. TC, even if you decide to come back, you will quit again in no time because the reasons you quitted in the first place are still here.

• Like 1