Hiding in spawn when lose - ruining WvW play

Kite.5327

9 hours ago, Kite.5327 said:

They are certainly playing, on desert borderland ppt'ing or as I said, gathered in spawn doing nothing. Mag is literally working class and not online. Imagine there being a difference. 

Why are you afraid of DBL? Maybe you need to try another map. Better yet it seems we need to balance PPT and make all 4 maps balanced so you don't PPT so hard on EBG. So ANet let's fix a number of issues at once. Make all 4 the same value as far as objectives go. That would solve the OP issues and a number of other threads. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Dieselface.5193 said:

"YOU ruined your own content, they're not coming out because of YOUR overly aggressive (playing the gamemode as intended), (playing the gamemode as intended), (playing the gamemode as intended)."

Thank you for the insightful comment. We'll learn from this and hold hands with the other servers and sing kumbaya from now on. 

I admit, huh? You made, lets see here, exactly, re-running numbers...zero points on your own point. So I will make a kitten of me and assume you are new. Players 10 years ago learned that if you have numbers and still want fights you don't spawn camp. Its a T1 thing since forever outside of tournaments.  Right now you are looking like another alt account so to what ever is the main account, sorry trolling 0 of 10 effort, again. 

To those not playing the alt game, its simple play to have fun, and play so you have people to play against. And remember rule number 2, attack the side that holds SMC. Don't jump the server trying to take it if you don't own it, hit the side that owns it.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Knighthonor.4061 said:

I thought that punishment was supposed to be those Champions Spawns in the starting area. But that feature was very poorly done that most people don't even use it anymore.   🙄       

I admit when holding another sides towers and their EBG garri keep tested this after a previous thread and agree these NPCs need bolstered ANet. I remember in the exotic days these were tough but in current Elite/Leggo environment they don't hold up. These do need bolstered. And per Archon's point even if made in jest, they need to drop more powerful siege than they do if they are a breakout mechanic. Move it up from rams to Omega Golem builds to allow for breakouts.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Kite.5327 said:

They are certainly playing, on desert borderland ppt'ing or as I said, gathered in spawn doing nothing. Mag is literally working class and not online. Imagine there being a difference. 

Mag's 'working class' is discord mod.

I've long thought to solve this issue they need to redesign EBG not to have easily campable keeps 3ft from spawn.  

Edited by Gotejjeken.1267

3 hours ago, displayname.8315 said:

And people say "server pride" needs to stay.  People be so toxic when they identify with the mob.  Servers need to go like 5 years ago.

Dead game with toxic mobling leftovers

If you feel I hide where I live or who I am let me know. I remain server pride side. Its not always toxic reasons. Its at times us that feel that we don't only fight for ourselves or our guild but also for our server mates. I admit, as can be seen I defended other servers activities due to that, though recently I am happy they gave me reason to not so so. But yes some of us still fight for their server mates even if there is less general use of comms or server meeting as in the past. But some of us still try and watch each others' backs. So though I know the WR project is the future, don't bash those that will still be too stupid to jump into a fight to aid a server mate that is doomed. Just accept the extra bag you might make out of it. But also don't complain if we make bags of you because we were too dumb to know it was a bad idea but went for it anyway. Good hunting to all!

• Like 1

On 2/7/2023 at 1:09 AM, Kite.5327 said:

While there are some very strong servers out there ...

No there aren't, because the vast majority of competent players / guilds left the game years ago. The servers are all just varying degrees of bad (even by the laughably low standards of WvW), the only thing those left playing this game are strong at is roleplaying.

Edited by zinkz.7045
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, zinkz.7045 said:

No there aren't, because the vast majority of competent players / guilds left the game years ago. The servers are all just varying degrees of bad (even by the laughably low standards of WvW), the only thing those left playing this game are strong at is roleplaying.

Pretty much this, most blobs I see running around the players have mostly automated it with auto target, snap to target, cast on instant and running a macro for casting skills.
All you need to do is hold W and you can see many do as they simply can't function outside of the group at all and often cast skills in a way you wouldn't if you were actually playing the game, like 360 range PBAoE when the enemy is at 900 range etc.
Game hasn't just lowered the bar over years, it brought it to the floor and reduced the floor too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

18 hours ago, enkidu.5937 said:

new outnumbered buff:

if you die you respawn in a dune roller 🥳

That would make every zerg die :) as meta, now u have a zerg  ofdune rolers that can actually melt every t3 structure  in 20-30 seconds :D

I bet the quality of players in this game would be very happy with this as an official update.

Edited by Aeolus.3615
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, Dawdler.8521 said:

With every zergling in a dune roller... would that make it a clown car by definition?

Not really dune roller is a beast vs structures, theres no one figthing the ktrain most time so 80 clown cars would be safe.

Btw i said 20-30 sec that would be also the time with killing lord included in a t3, would be like 2 sec for each wall. 

We have that other thread talking about players don't like long sieges, but how many people like to siege a spawnpoint? This thread is kinda funny. 

Also as a side note the breakout events were tuned to player power levels of 2013. Back when boons were rare and people used soldier gear almost exclusively and maybe 70% of a server's standing force was level 80.

• Confused 1

41 minutes ago, Dinas Dragonbane.2978 said:

We have that other thread talking about players don't like long sieges, but how many people like to siege a spawnpoint? This thread is kinda funny. 

Well, that's the funny part.

Thanks to all the intolerance of losing, it doesn't take many players to maintain a spawncamp once established.

Hence Magumma opening for transfers despite effortlessly winning t1.

Thereby increasing the number of people who're willing to spend a few minutes enjoying the novelty of seeing such once-proud servers spawncamped.. A revolving door of passers-by at the Zoogate.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

On 2/7/2023 at 8:25 PM, Kite.5327 said:

Spawn campers are playing the game properly, they are insisting on pvp in a pvp map. People hiding in spawn doing nothing are refusing to play, and are the ones ruining content. When this is primetime on a "high" pop NA server it is not a population issue, it is a 'players dodging fights' issue. 

there is legit no rule to be made cause you decided to spawn camp people , and suddenly they don't wanna play cause "spawn camping" , either they are getting outnumbered and its not fun anymore or you guys probably have a full tempest and mesmer server , puting a penalty on someone who can't get out of his base is the most dumb thing i ever heared in gaming history , or maybe i missunderstand what you mean't.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

11 hours ago, dead.7638 said:

0/10 in grammar.   

lol, I actually saw that I used the wrong their there for they're. But I accepted it. But again as elsewhere you added nothing to the actual discussion so again. 0 of 10 trolling attempts and am sad you couldn't have been more creative and created another alt account with something like wwwgrammarpolice.3425 or some such. 

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Draygo.9473 said:

Anet could allow us to deploy siege in spawn again. 🙂

I think one of the above ideas would be better with fixed siege emplacements that could not strike at keep but could clear the group to the keep might not be a bad idea.

8 hours ago, Xenesis.6389 said:

Curious as to what exactly you guys think siege in spawn would do?

Deployable in spawn I don't think would work as there were already too many spots where invul siege was placed that could attack nearby objectives. But as I said above I could see fixed positions being created that could make sense.