Wolf Raider: yet another skiff skin...

3 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Does the base skin have this? (I’ve never paid attention)

Yes! 🙂

3 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Should paddle it 😛

Indeed! 😄 Where's a bunch of muscular Vikings when you need them?

3 hours ago, Batel.9206 said:

Oh for pete's sake who cares??

Errr... me, obviously.

And I don't complain for the sake of complaining. I complain because I truly hate it! You have to steer such a cool boat (and yes, it's a great skin!), not sit there with your hands in your lap like a liveless crash test dummy in a car.

That looks awfully stupid! (Especially given that we already have these cool steering character animations, as they are being used with the default skiff skin.)

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 9

1 hour ago, Parasite.5389 said:

also just incase the complain is that this skiff Specifically doesn't have a rudder... it's a longboat, they didn't have rudders

No, that's not the complaint. 😉  I wouldn't mind a few sailors doing the work, but that would be an animation overkill. 😄

There are quite a few gorgeous skiff skins that I have not acquired because of this, and that's a shame. ☹️

• Confused 6

17 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

because they're easy to animate

also just incase the complain is that this skiff Specifically doesn't have a rudder... it's a longboat, they didn't have rudders

Correct, however they did have Steerboards, from where we get the word Starboard. This skiff is also lacking one of those.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Parasite.5389 said:

because they're easy to animate

Stop spreading nonsense. Steering is a must in the form of anything. Saying it didn't have rudders, does not mean it didn't have any steering options. If you don't know anything, you also never played Valheim? How would you even steer one there without?

Did Viking longships have rudders?

Viking ships did not have a rudder at the back of the ship (a medieval innovation in Scandinavia), but instead had a large 'steering' oar attached to the starboard (or 'steering-side') of the ship.
Edited by fatihso.7258
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4

8 hours ago, DirtyDan.4759 said:

Because it makes them big cash.

Wouldn't make them any less cash if they had your character steer them properly, no?

So that's not really a valid answer to my question. Some of the custom skins did receive a steering contraption. Anything is better than your character just sitting there steering by sheer willpower.

Edited by Ashantara.8731
  • Like 2
  • Confused 3

On 2/7/2023 at 7:55 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

...that looks gorgeous but has no rudder.

I am not buying skiffs where my character doesn't move a muscle to steer the whole thing

Considering the argument, shouldn't this thread be in the roleplaying category?

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 2/7/2023 at 1:55 PM, Ashantara.8731 said:

...that looks gorgeous but has no rudder.

I am not buying skiffs where my character doesn't move a muscle to steer the whole thing. That looks plain silly.

I have to ask: why do you keep releasing these type of skiff skins?

If you have the skin you'll notice there are ropes attached to the sail, and as you turn the sail turns as well, so one could imagine those ropes are being used to steer. If I really wanted to complain it would be that the dye scheme affects both the sails AND parts of the boat, but it's a very minor issue. Overall I'm quite happy with the skin personally.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 2/7/2023 at 2:47 PM, Farohna.6247 said:

It's a valid annoyance, although I also don't feed or water my mounts....

It's a really nice skin, if I played a norn it would look awesome with one.  

I just noticed yesterday that when I sit idle on skyscale, I start throwing it a fish every 30 seconds.

• Haha 1