Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Can't access to Living World Season


Recommended Posts

Hi everyone,
I purchased the complete collection of GW2. The collection is including Living World Season stories.
But I found Living World season 2-4 are locked. Does anyone know why and how to solve this?

 

PS:
Living season 1 was unlocked, I just finished this chapter 2 days ago. Other stories, except the Living World stories are all playable.

 

Thank you! 😊

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Natalie.9708 said:

Hi everyone,
I purchased the complete collection of GW2. The collection is including Living World Season stories.
But I found Living World season 2-4 are locked. Does anyone know why and how to solve this?

 

PS:
Living season 1 was unlocked, I just finished this chapter 2 days ago. Other stories, except the Living World stories are all playable.

 

Thank you! 😊

 

I had a look at the gw2 complete collection on guildwars2.com, and I can't find any mention there of it including living world seasons. Can you show where you got your information from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

All Living World Seasons should be unlocked on your account.  Did you log out completely and log back in?  If so, and you are still encountering the issue, you can contact the CS Team via the 'Support' link above/below.

Good luck. 

Hey, thanks for your reply. 

Yes, I log out and log back in, still have the issue. Do you mean contact the team on Guild Wars 2 Support

Thanks again.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

Not sure what you are looking at:  https://buy.guildwars2.com/en-us/complete-collection

 

4 minutes ago, Natalie.9708 said:

Hi Zohane, the complete collection worth US $99 is here, please check:
Guild Wars 2 | Play for Free | MMORPG

Thank you

My bad, I saw the "gw2 collection" and had a massive failure of reading, where I thought I read "complete collection". I stand corrected.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi guys,
Thanks for all your reply.
Problem solved now.


The support team suggested me to checked my mailbox.

"To receive Living World episodes, try deleting some messages you have currently residing in your mailbox as this is preventing some items from fully appearing in there".

 

I found out I didn't read mails about Living World Episodes. Now, the episodes are activated. 

😁 I can continue my adventures now. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
4 minutes ago, VeronicaRubbergirl.9065 said:

My mailbox is empty and it still says I have to pay 200 gems to buy the living world seasons 2-5. I paid for the complete collection. I've logged out several times and it still says I have to pay gems. 

v

You sure you bought that and not the Ultimate edition that will give you 4000 gems within 72 hours?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mail thing probably was the first thing that came into my mind. Since the normal expansions come with a code do apply on the website and the other stuff usually happens per ingame inventory items - as long as there is no option that you can use in the  UI directly. (Like with bag slots  - but they also can be gotten as items that you need to activate.)

Also make sure it is the complete collection that includes the living world seasons. (Some people might make the mistake and mix it up with the other collection that has all expansions - but only the expansions.)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, VeronicaRubbergirl.9065 said:

My mailbox is empty and it still says I have to pay 200 gems to buy the living world seasons 2-5. I paid for the complete collection. I've logged out several times and it still says I have to pay gems. 

v

Can you check in Gem Store>Upgrades section>Living World for what you can see here? If you have bought any Living World episode or a full LW package it should show here as what you have left in those packages (look at provided link down here for all LW that is in GS when you haven't unlocked/bought any LW episodes).

In your case where have unlocked all LW there is from purchasing Collection, then you should only see some Lounge Passes left connected to LW that can be also be found here. If you see all or some LW that can be still bought then you haven't unlocked LW or haven't bought the correct version.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store#Upgrades

You should also have received on you GW2 accounts an email (your normal email) a confirmation of your purchase, if you did it on Arena Nets webshop for GW2. There it should state what version you have bought (if it that version where you get 4000 Gem or that version where you unlock LW).

When you buy episodes in game from Gem Store with Gems you will not be sent any email confirmation (in game you will get an email thanking you for your purchase with red text to indicate it is from ArenaNet with their logo instead of default green star (message related to story) or mail box symbol), but have to look in Gem Store History section (on the right tab in Gem Store; see picture in link above for Gem Store).

Edited by ShadowCatz.8437
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, ShadowCatz.8437 said:

Can you check in Gem Store>Upgrades section>Living World for what you can see here? If you have bought any Living World episode or a full LW package it should show here as what you have left in those packages (look at provided link down here for all LW that is in GS when you haven't unlocked/bought any LW episodes).

In your case where have unlocked all LW there is from purchasing Collection, then you should only see some Lounge Passes left connected to LW that can be also be found here. If you see all or some LW that can be still bought then you haven't unlocked LW or haven't bought the correct version.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Gem_Store#Upgrades

You should also have received on you GW2 accounts an email (your normal email) a confirmation of your purchase, if you did it on Arena Nets webshop for GW2. There it should state what version you have bought (if it that version where you get 4000 Gem or that version where you unlock LW).

When you buy episodes in game from Gem Store with Gems you will not be sent any email confirmation (in game you will get an email thanking you for your purchase with red text to indicate it is from ArenaNet with their logo instead of default green star (message related to story) or mail box symbol), but have to look in Gem Store History section (on the right tab in Gem Store; see picture in link above for Gem Store).

I have to say...the Gem Store doesn't always show (or doesn't show, rather) Seasons/Episodes that have been unlocked (whether by purchase or other means).  My alternate account logged in for every Episode for all Living World Seasons 2 - 5 (The Icebrood Saga), and the Gem Store still shows some Episodes for sale.  🤷‍♂️

So, not necessarily an accurate indicator of purchased/unlocked Episodes/Seasons. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

I have to say...the Gem Store doesn't always show (or doesn't show, rather) Seasons/Episodes that have been unlocked (whether by purchase or other means).  My alternate account logged in for every Episode for all Living World Seasons 2 - 5 (The Icebrood Saga), and the Gem Store still shows some Episodes for sale.  🤷‍♂️

So, not necessarily an accurate indicator of purchased/unlocked Episodes/Seasons. 

My two account have not had that problem, so I don't know why it should cause issues on your alternate accounts. Maybe there are some random bug somewhere?

Anyway it is still one of fast and easy way to know that there is a way that can be used that doesn't take too much time to check even if that isn't 100% reliable method.

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...