Hesitating between Power Vindicator and Power Bladesworn

Melak.9204

Hello, I'd like some insight from the people here as I'm hesitating between those two elite specs, I tried both for a brief moment in open world with berserker gear, aswell as rune of the eagle for BS and rune of the leader for Vindi.

I plan to do strike missions, raid or dungeons and access endgame, and I would like to move from my firebrand to get a hang of those new specs, however I am hesitating between the two. I love dragon slash, but there is no weapon skin for the gunsaber and missing the slash kills my dps.

I love vindicator's near constant quickness and offensice dragoon-like jumps, so that's where the hesitation come from.

Any suggestions would be appreciated ! I'm mostly picking heavy armor so I can keep my current ascended gear and those 3 classes (previously my firebrand) can wield my Sunrise, so I'm biased towards GS classes

Since you're planning to use him mainly for endgame PvE i'd personally focus on expanding your flexibility in group roles. Sure, you can play dps vindi/bsw, but it doesn't really add anything to your flexibility. Why start with a new Espec/class and do exactly the same playstyle as your main (melee ranged dps with abit standard built in support). The only thing you add with revenant is some power dmge and access to Alacdps & semi ranged with Renegade and on war some power dmge and extra burst dps. 

If the pick is strictly between vindi & bsw id go for bsw; higher dps & burst potential. 

If you want to try out some other especs but dont want to swap off berserker armor, warrior is definitely the pick. Spellbreaker is in a very good spot atm. 

If you're planning to increase your role flexibility on heavy armor i'd say go for Rev if you're open to light/medium aswell id pick something  like a ranger/Engie/ele. 

Can't talk much about both in instanced content, but the quorum seems to be that power Bladesworn has higher dps and sustain compared to power Vindicator, but is more tricky to play than a power Spellbreaker or Vindi, since you need to known well the mechanics of the encounters to properly load and trigger your attacks.

For open world I instead would run condi (celestial) Vindicator: mace + axe + greatsword. The dps is modest, but is immortal and can solo everything.

For Open World content access to stability or damage immunity is key to soloing content. With this in mind Warrior in general comes out on top but Vindicator is a close second. 

It pains me to say but Revenant in general has very low access to self stability/damage immunity outside a few trait interactions. While Warrior has endless synergies with traits and skills. 

• Like 1

BSW has more dps and burst potential but that is, you can play quick support if you like to but you stuck with banners so it might be tricky to handle sometimes.

Vindi however you can get away with just camping one Greatsword all the time and still have decent dps output, ofc there is a bug going on with the dodge but what matters is you get to keep sunrise out all time. Beside this Rev is currently one of a few classes that can take on all roles.

Quickness provider - Herald currently one of the best if not the best quick dps rn.

Alacrity provider - Tho not within the meta anymore but it is there and playable, will come in handy.

Quick heal - This is one of the easiest heal specs in the game and very beginner friendly, the tablet is tricky to use but the you can have 80% prjectiles block uptime.

For open world you can take Jalis instead because this stance give you close to perma Stability on squad level, damage reduction and heal, good CC with chain. Lord Hizen made open world builds for vindi  with mace/axe-immortal version and less immortal version use greatsword, it will fit you perfectly.

The bottomline is as a rev unlike a reliable war you are Jack of All Trades a bit behind guard, you can do anything, it is risky but satisfying once pulled off proberly. You can do far more than you could on your rev instead of war but don't get me wrong war is a solid choice i'm just here to make things clear that a rev would be no less as effective as a war can be.

Have Fun.

• Like 1

On 2/11/2023 at 12:38 PM, Melak.9204 said:

I plan to do strike missions, raid or dungeons and access endgame, and I would like to move from my firebrand to get a hang of those new specs, however I am hesitating between the two. I love dragon slash, but there is no weapon skin for the gunsaber and missing the slash kills my dps.

BSW because you can flex as a QuickDPS when needed. Vindicator has to change to Herald or Renegade in order to fill BoonDPS roles. 

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Mell.4873 said:

For Open World content access to stability or damage immunity is key to soloing content. With this in mind Warrior in general comes out on top but Vindicator is a close second. 

It pains me to say but Revenant in general has very low access to self stability/damage immunity outside a few trait interactions. While Warrior has endless synergies with traits and skills. 

Power Vindi can get around this weakness with Reaver's Rage, Inspiring Reinforcement, and Vassals of the Empire.

You can Reaver's Rage for stab, then dodge to keep that stab up, and if you need more, swap to dwarf stance to use Inspiring Reinforcement and keep dodging. W/O vassal's dodge, stab does become a bit hard to keep up, but with Vassal's you are getting perma vigor/protection/stab/25x might/fury/quickness as long as you keep your dodges up. Every dodge adds 1 sec to all boons so you can effectively roll your boons over. It's obscenely powerful.

Not saying Bladesworn isn't just as strong, just rather, Vindi has no real weakness atm outside of damage immunity, but again with dwarf stance, you have taunt which lowers damage received, your vengeful hammers which lowers damage received, and perma protection. Idk how those 3 all stack together but the end result is you can face tank a lot. And if you realllllllly need more, dwarf stance has rite of the great dwarf, which is 50% damage reduction for your whole party, and it's also a break free as well.

Vindi is also more forgiving because missing an Eterenity's Requiem isn't anywhere near as punishing as missing a Dragon Slash. So in that sense it is "easier" than warrior. Again though, both are absurdly strong IMO and will serve OP well regardless of choice. If anything I think BS and Vindi are tied atm in terms of strength and flexibility.

I have lead strikes on Vindi, but I would not want to lead strikes on BS. I feel Vindi offers more group value with the AOE protection+might from Vassal's dodge among other things like Alliance stance offering AOE cleanse and AOE break free both on relatively short cooldowns.

Edited by Waffles.5632
  • Like 3

33 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Power Vindi can get around this weakness with Reaver's Rage, Inspiring Reinforcement, and Vassals of the Empire.

You can Reaver's Rage for stab, then dodge to keep that stab up, and if you need more, swap to dwarf stance to use Inspiring Reinforcement and keep dodging. W/O vassal's dodge, stab does become a bit hard to keep up, but with Vassal's you are getting perma vigor/protection/stab/25x might/fury/quickness as long as you keep your dodges up. Every dodge adds 1 sec to all boons so you can effectively roll your boons over. It's obscenely powerful.

Not saying Bladesworn isn't just as strong, just rather, Vindi has no real weakness atm outside of damage immunity, but again with dwarf stance, you have taunt which lowers damage received, your vengeful hammers which lowers damage received, and perma protection. Idk how those 3 all stack together but the end result is you can face tank a lot. And if you realllllllly need more, dwarf stance has rite of the great dwarf, which is 50% damage reduction for your whole party, and it's also a break free as well.

Vindi is also more forgiving because missing an Eterenity's Requiem isn't anywhere near as punishing as missing a Dragon Slash. So in that sense it is "easier" than warrior. Again though, both are absurdly strong IMO and will serve OP well regardless of choice. If anything I think BS and Vindi are tied atm in terms of strength and flexibility.

I have lead strikes on Vindi, but I would not want to lead strikes on BS. I feel Vindi offers more group value with the AOE protection+might from Vassal's dodge among other things like Alliance stance offering AOE cleanse and AOE break free both on relatively short cooldowns.

Damage reduction all stacks multiplicatively now. There was a time when some sources were additive and 100% reduction builds were possible in PvE, mostly on Revenant.

• Thanks 1

15 hours ago, Waffles.5632 said:

Vindicator is the go-to for Revenant soloing but still almost all Warriors Elites can solo

GS Vindicator has an easier rotation, a slightly higher damage potential, and access to Jalis roads by default, in addition to all the other advantages of a power rev build (staff 5 and legend swaps in particular are excellent for fractals). I personally enjoy Bladesworn more (the rotation is great) but I hesitate to recommend it over vindi for an all-purpose power DPS. Especially with the 2/14 changes that made gunsaber feel more clunky.

On 2/13/2023 at 7:05 AM, Yasai.3549 said:

BSW because you can flex as a QuickDPS when needed. Vindicator has to change to Herald or Renegade in order to fill BoonDPS roles. 

The gear and trait changes are more involved in for qherald and alacren, but those builds are also more useful than quicksworn. So I would still recommend going rev if you're looking at potential boon supports in the future.

Last but not least, Bladesworn will very rarely get to wield Sunrise, while Vindi will have it on all the time.

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, zakkles.4158 said:

The gear and trait changes are more involved in for qherald and alacren, but those builds are also more useful than quicksworn. So I would still recommend going rev if you're looking at potential boon supports in the future.

Going Ren requires you to run mostly Diviners, which is an absolute doozy for a new player to obtain first and foremost, and secondly another small headache to obtain another set of Berserkers to fill a DPS role. 

Warrior Quick (BSW in this case) can just gear full Berserkers and swap utilities and traits for Quick role or pure DPS. 

In terms of new-player friendliness, I staunchly stand behind the BSW decision. 

PS: Dawn, Dusk and Twilight are all garbage. If you're not using Exordium as your leggy, you're either poor or old.

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 2

5 hours ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Going Ren requires you to run mostly Diviners, which is an absolute doozy for a new player to obtain first and foremost, and secondly another small headache to obtain another set of Berserkers to fill a DPS role. 

Warrior Quick (BSW in this case) can just gear full Berserkers and swap utilities and traits for Quick role or pure DPS. 

In terms of new-player friendliness, I staunchly stand behind the BSW decision. 

With the recent buffs ren needs ~37% BD to comfortably maintain alacrity, down from ~83%. Way more attainable than it used to be - you actually run more zerker pieces than diviner's now.