Elementalist Build

Snorkar.9048

Hi everyone, I finally found my most likeable class to be elementalist even if it's hard to play. I mostly play support auramancer in most modes but I'm having issues with the dps part, I tend to like more Scepter as MH but I seems to do little damage so maybe it's about build, stats or offhand weapons

If you want to do strong DPS with scepter, condition weaver is one of the strongest DPS builds.

Snowcrows has a template for the build here: https://snowcrows.com/en/builds/elementalist/weaver/condition-weaver

The skill rotation on snowcrows can be complex. If you want to simplify it, while still doing very good DPS, you can do the following:

Attune Fire -> Attune fire -> Attune Earth -> (repeat)

Just spam all your skills while doing that rotation.

Edited by Barnesy.5839

7 minutes ago, Barnesy.5839 said:

If you want to do strong DPS with scepter, condition weaver is one of the strongest DPS builds.

Snowcrows has a template for the build here: https://snowcrows.com/en/builds/elementalist/weaver/condition-weaver

The skill rotation on snowcrows can be complex. If you want to simplify it, while still doing very good DPS, you can do the following:

Attune Fire -> Attune fire -> Attune Earth -> (repeat)

Just spam all your skills while doing that rotation.

But i get pretty low health it's needed some health to keep yourself alive like OW?

The solution to that is to use healing signet. The snowcrows build uses written in stone, which allows you to use the healing signet while maintaining the signet passive. It also lowers the cooldown of healing signet.

Written in stone + healing signet is a powerful combination.

You can also swap to water attunement if you need a little bit extra healing.

Edited by Barnesy.5839

1 hour ago, Snorkar.9048 said:

Hi everyone, I finally found my most likeable class to be elementalist even if it's hard to play. I mostly play support auramancer in most modes but I'm having issues with the dps part, I tend to like more Scepter as MH but I seems to do little damage so maybe it's about build, stats or offhand weapons

Auramancer is a healer, so naturally you aren't going to do a lot of damage with it.  Based on your responses, I gather you're looking for a high sustain solo play build for open world that deals solid damage.  I think celestial weaver fits that description. Here's a sample video:

As you can see, it has everything you need to be self-sufficient: CC, healing, boons (alas, no quickness!), excellent active and passive defenses and it still deals solid damage.  The build linked in this video is a fairly offensive variant, so if you find yourself struggling with sustain while you're learning to play it you can make some adjustments.

Toward that end, you could swap out weave self for the elemental elite glyph.  The skills they provide are useful either for dealing damage or providing additional CC or healing and they also synergize better with final shielding, which has a 20s ICD.  This will allow you to gain arcane shield much more frequently.

If you're willing to give up some damage, you could also swap bursting sigil for energy sigil and elements of rage for invigorating strikes.  This will give you a free dodge on attunement swap every 9s plus high vigor uptime, allowing you to dodge far more frequently while giving yourself a hefty 1.4k barrier on dodge.  It also has great synergy with evasive arcana dodge effects.

If you're still struggling, you could swap the glyph of elemental power for a proper stunbreak, as the build otherwise doesn't have one and very poor stability access as well.  It's also a bit light on easy access to cleansing, so you might consider cleansing sigil if that's an issue (although in open world it rarely is).

It really depends on alot of factors: individual skill level preferred playstyle, accessibility to all runes/armor sets, which game mode (and if so what kind of content), willingness to run multiple gearsets etc etc.  

We could direct you to all sorts of gw2 sites that provide builds like hardstuck, metabattle, snowcrows, guildjen, mukluklabs or one of the many youtube guides about every somewhat viable build out there. 

There are tons of ways to play elementalist but it mostly depends on personal preference. Just watch a couple guides/check out some YouTube vids and see what works for you. 

There's enough tutorials out there to gather enough knowledge about the class & possible rune/sigil/weapon/stat combo's and your the best person to decide what fits you the best. Try to craft some of the builds yourself aswell. The ele has alot of built in flexibility and can easily adapt per zone/instance by swapping some skills/traits etc. Learning the full class (and not only a specific build) is therefore definitely worth it. 

• Like 1