Jump to content
  • Sign Up

No new raid as part of the road map is unacceptable.


Recommended Posts

Strikes 👏don't 👏replace👏the👏raid👏 experience. Strikes are one off fights with no feeling of adventure or purpose. I want to go on an adventure with my friends. We need wing 8 and Anet is doing a gross disservice to the players who enjoy challenging 10 man content. We need another raid wing. 

Edited by Einsof.1457
  • Like 5
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 12
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

Anet will release another Raid once more people play the original raids. Lol not hard to understand

Well since raids are repeatable pretty sure each penny spent on them have paid back more then each living story episode if you see to dollar spent and how long people played each content.

  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Well since raids are repeatable pretty sure each penny spent on them have paid back more then each living story episode if you see to dollar spent and how long people played each content.

??? What??? 

Just because someone repeats the content that doesn't mean X amount of players that haven't played raids have now played raids. Or that the amount of times the content has been repeated therefore means it's worthwhile to spend money on to produce.

That don't make no sense.

  • Like 4
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

??? What??? 

Just because someone repeats the content that doesn't mean X amount of players that haven't played raids have now played raids. Or that the amount of times the content has been repeated therefore means it's worthwhile to spend money on to produce.

That don't make no sense.

Well it is pretty good that this is not what I said then.

Read again.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

Can you rephrase what you have said then?

I said that the content raids for the dollars they cost to produce they have paid for themselfs over the years in a higher % then any living world episode.

Sure less people play raids then living story episodes but they cost less and the replay of the each week adds up over the years.

I  have for example not replayed any season 2 episode after I got all the achievments from the but still play w1-7 each week to this day.

 

  • Like 3
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

I said that the content raids for the dollars they cost to produce they have paid for themselfs over the years in a higher % then any living world episode.

Sure less people play raids then living story episodes but they cost less and the replay of the each week adds up over the years.

I  have for example not replayed any season 2 episode after I got all the achievments from the but still play w1-7 each week to this day.

 

That's great that the content paid for itself due to how replayed it is. This doesn't mean that anet is going to wait however many years just to get a pay off from it from the few players that consume that content.

If more of the gw2 population plays raids the more likely anet is willing to spend money on producing raids.

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't think anyone should try to justify the raids based on their ASSUMPTIONS about how much they have made or lost money for Anet. There ARE some good points being made here that even if Raid did make them money, the payback time is also a factor.

I am willing to speculate that revenue and payback time are not the only factors that determine the current lack of raid development. It's stunning how hard it is for some people to accept the situation. I have forgotten how many years it's been since a raid was released ... over 3 now? Move on people. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

I don't think anyone should try to justify the raids based on their ASSUMPTIONS about how much they have made or lost money for Anet. There ARE some good points being made here that even if Raid did make them money, the payback time is also a factor.

I am willing to speculate that revenue and payback time are not the only factors that determine the current lack of raid development. It's stunning how hard it is for some people to accept the situation. I have forgotten how many years it's been since a raid was released ... over 3 now? Move on people. 

More content is always better so if we can justify to Arena Net why there should be new Raid Wings i sure they will follow through.

Edited by Mell.4873
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 minutes ago, Mell.4873 said:

More content is always better so if we can justify to Arena Net why there should be new Raid Wings in sure they will follow threw.

The question isn't if more content is better ... of course it is. That goes without saying.

The question is why that 'more content' should be raids instead of something else. 

Edited by Obtena.7952
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Obtena.7952 said:

The question isn't if more content is better ... of course it is. That goes without saying.

The question is why that 'more content' should be raids instead of something else. 

I mean now with the mini expansions that focus on different things there is no reason they cant do a raid focused mini expansion and see if it is profitable or not.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

I mean now with the mini expansions that focus on different things there is no reason they cant do a raid focused mini expansion and see if it is profitable or not.

Whatever the reasons are that raids a no longer developed don't go away just because they are packaged as a mini-expansion. I mean, sure, Anet could dip their toe in the water to see the temperature for raid appetite again ... but not having mini-expansions doesn't stop them from doing that for the last 3 years either.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Obtena.7952 said:

Whatever the reasons are that raids a no longer developed don't go away just because they are packaged as a mini-expansion. I mean, sure, Anet could dip their toe in the water to see the temperature for raid appetite again ... but not having mini-expansions doesn't stop them from doing that for the last 3 years either.

It make raiders put the money down for content they want + none raiders cant say development time was spent on raids and we had to pay for it tho.

And if it is not profitable enough for resources spent they can finaly tell everyone that so the raids can go the way of dungeons.

  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/15/2023 at 12:35 AM, Linken.6345 said:

I mean now with the mini expansions that focus on different things there is no reason they cant do a raid focused mini expansion and see if it is profitable or not.

LOL

Raid believers are funny. "Hey, let's devote half our team to an expansion that the vast majority of our players would not have any interest in."

  • Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Raids have died with release of a first strike. The obvious trend right now is half-everything. Right now we are getting half-expansions. If you want good raid content, play other games. GW2 does not deserve your time if that's what you want to play. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 2/13/2023 at 7:50 PM, Einsof.1457 said:

Strikes 👏don't 👏replace👏the👏raid👏 experience. Strikes are one off fights with no feeling of adventure or purpose. I want to go on an adventure with my friends. We need wing 8 and Anet is doing a gross disservice to the players who enjoy challenging 10 man content. We need another raid wing. 

☹️Someone missed the Dev post... No more raids. Devs aren't going waste time and money on creating more raids for a "small audience". I would just enjoy your strikes until those are stopped being developed as well.  

 

GL pal!

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Swagger.1459 said:

☹️Someone missed the Dev post... No more raids. Devs aren't going waste time and money on creating more raids for a "small audience". I would just enjoy your strikes until those are stopped being developed as well.  

 

GL pal!

Strikes suck. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Swagger.1459 said:

Well, that's all you are getting, so just embrace them and try to find enjoyment doing the raids that were created before the devs decided to stop making raids. Lemons to lemonaid. 

Nah. I'll push for wing 8 til the servers shut down. Stop me. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...