(UPDATED) February 14 WvW Rewards Update

Rubi Bayer.8493

6 hours ago, Efar.8153 said:

yes, my point exactly.

gw2 has become very unfriendly to solo, low intensity playing. Is like if you don't feel exhausted after you close the game and can't get in/keep up with a squad you don't deserve anything. It's pretty awful.

Memories of battle and skirmish  tickets will take forever + infinite to obtain for us.

Thank you for understanding!  I'm sorry you're experiencing this too.  Sadly, we're the minority and not on anet's radar.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

Other than Tuesday when there was a major glitch and I made 4 levels in a few minutes defending a tower and camp, then another 4 levels defending a keep in another few minutes. it's back to it's normal self, slow rate of reward and leveling up. As for WxP rewards, the only place I have ever seen one is on the Wiki page. Today is Thursday and it seems everyone got their 8 gold and have no reason to play any more until next week. Back to major unbalance until this weekend.

Edited by jahaan.1405

On 2/15/2023 at 4:21 AM, Efar.8153 said:

you know that it is more difficult for 2 players to take over a camp than it is for a full squad to take a keep. maybe we should give the same rewards to all. just saying.

so your telling me u struggle to take a camp as two players ? i have no idea what class you playin but even as a healer i can take a t2 camp without mercs , also ur saying that a 5 min work on a camp should be rewarded as taking a keep that get heavily defended with 20 to40 players that have to put more work with attacking since defenders have tons of advantages  and you concluded somehow that we should give them the same rewards ? 

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 5:58 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hello World vs. World community!

I want to drop in with some additional context about the update to rewards in WvW.

Today’s release of Objective Scaling Rewards affects Towers, Keeps and Castle WvW objectives. This update gives increased rewards for those objectives, and due to the wide-reaching nature of the change, we have released it in a testing state with several event types giving out non-final rewards. 

This will allow us to observe if the system is working as intended while reducing the potential for major issues. Assuming everything goes to plan, we expect to further increase those rewards in an update later this week.

We’ll be carefully watching the live data and collecting feedback as we move into iterating on this system in future releases this year. We are excited to hear your thoughts!

please make a vendor with skirmish tickets like the volatile magic one , but its limited to like 10 or 20 per day or something so the people with 20k + don't abuse it much , it will actualy be decent since people enjoy making gold while having fun in wvw , it will even bring pve players to play it out instead of spaming dragonfall only 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Denver.4621 said:

please make a vendor with skirmish tickets like the volatile magic one , but its limited to like 10 or 20 per day or something so the people with 20k + don't abuse it much , it will actualy be decent since people enjoy making gold while having fun in wvw , it will even bring pve players to play it out instead of spaming dragonfall only 

So long as memories of battle are required for even simple things such as level 70 food it (skirmish tickets) would never be used for anything but legendary or ascended items. In addition, bringing PvE players to farm WvW is not the type of gameplay that should be a goal.

In fact the memory gobbler still exists and the data we have on the drops suggests it is akin to throwing everything in the mystic forge and hoping for nothing.

Instead the focus should be on rewarding active play and to introduce rewards only found in WvW. This way there can be gold sinks in WvW that use WvW resources exclusively instead of just another farm.

• Like 2

Why does it take months if not years to push out promised content for WvW, but five hours to take them away? Good on you with responding with some hustle the moment you hear players are enjoying the update, just maybe don't reserve that exclusively for when you're detracting from the game mode.

Hope we hear more soon :)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Star Master.9051 said:

This sucks all I am getting only bronze tier no bonus. I am ready to to quit WvW

They took the update offline a few hours after they put it in. And I don't believe it's been reinstated, so we are temporarily in a worse state than before the update I think.
This is taking longer than I would like, but we just have to wait it out until rewards are re-implemented. Take a break if you need it. The game will be here when you come back.

• Like 5

• Rubi Bayer.8493 changed the title to (UPDATED) February 14 WvW Rewards Update
  • ArenaNet Staff

Hello World vs. World Community,  

I have an update about Objective Scaling Rewards! As we mentioned Tuesday, we released the system in a testing state so we could see if everything worked as intended in a live environment. 

As often happens with testing, things were NOT all working as intended! Due to some issues, rewards were being distributed in much higher quantity than we expected. Also, the bonus world experience was too high – especially for mid-tier rewards. 

We'll be hotfixing both issues and turning the OSR system back on soon. For now, we’ve adjusted the reward bag to a common one that poses less risk. We chose this route because we want to reactivate the system to continue data gathering without risking the health of the economy. We’ll be updating the rewards based on live data in the near future. Similarly, we’ve reduced the world experience gains. 

For now, we’ll continue to monitor and adjust OSR. Also, we will be adjusting the WvW Weekly Tower and Keep achievements to progress for defense in addition to capture in our next release. Thank you for your patience and ongoing feedback as we continue iterating on the various WvW Rewards systems! 

• Like 14
  • Thanks 13
  • Haha 5
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 5

6 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

February 16 Update:

I have an update about Objective Scaling Rewards! As we mentioned Tuesday, we released the system in a testing state so we could see if everything worked as intended in a live environment. 

As often happens with testing, things were NOT all working as intended! Due to some issues, rewards were being distributed in much higher quantity than we expected. Also, the bonus world experience was too high – especially for mid-tier rewards. 

We'll be hotfixing both issues and turning the OSR system back on soon. For now, we’ve adjusted the reward bag to a common one that poses less risk. We chose this route because we want to reactivate the system to continue data gathering without risking the health of the economy. We’ll be updating the rewards based on live data in the near future. Similarly, we’ve reduced the world experience gains. 

For now, we’ll continue to monitor and adjust OSR. Also, we will be adjusting the WvW Weekly Tower and Keep achievements to progress for defense in addition to capture in our next release. Thank you for your patience and ongoing feedback as we continue iterating on the various WvW Rewards systems! 

Thank you for the update and listening to feedback about defense credit. 🥂

Edited by Xenesis.6389
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

24 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Also, we will be adjusting the WvW Weekly Tower and Keep achievements to progress for defense in addition to capture in our next release. Thank you for your patience and ongoing feedback as we continue iterating on the various WvW Rewards systems! 

That's really cool. Thank you.

• Confused 2

30 minutes ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

apreciate the update , i know people are realy disapointed that it came up to this , but i realy hope you guys can fix the issue realy soon and that people don't have to wait for months again.

• Confused 2

I'm sorry to be the one to say this but here goes: you essentially reduced all WvW rewards to a pittance for TWO days. Furthermore isn't it time your company actually invested in a public Test server. You're using AWS infrastructure, it's not 2012 any longer, stop being cheap and using us as your playtesters.

Had this been a Raid issue would you have removed rewards for two days? What would the backlash have been? Yet we're expected to simply accept it?

I am appreciative that there's finally some work being done, however after all these years I'm growing fedup with your lack of respect for this portion of your player base. You guys can and should do better.

• Like 33
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Not happy with the situation, but happy with the communication and progress in testing things and moving in the right direction.  Keep iterating and improving on WvW.  Keep rewarding good active behavior, encouraging fights, risk/reward behavior.  I like it, after years with no WvW updates or anything, this is much needed TLC to the game mode, keep going. 👍

Edited by MuscleBobBuffPants.1406
  • Like 7
  • Confused 1

Reward chests are back now. I don't know if there's a difference between silver and gold reward currently (again, I saw only 3 enemy players during my play session 😕 ) but I can say that taking keeps and Stonemist, I got a chest with a master shard and a skirmish claim ticket in it. (Since those are the most important things for my personal progression right now, I didn't pay that much attention to other things such as the WxP or other loots)

Nice to see we have something back at least before the weekend, and good luck with the tuning! Hopefully they find a good 'middle road' when it comes to rewarding players. Not everyone is a hard-core WvW player; everyone needs to get something positive out of their play-time!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

We chose this route because we want to reactivate the system to continue data gathering without risking the health of the economy.

It would be interesting to know, what you think endangers the game economy, after all there are pve open world metas netting around 20 gold (or more) an hour, and I think even with the buffed rewards, WvW is still quite below that. 

The rewards do quite speed up the WvW progress though with those 10k wxp for keeps / smc. 

• Like 13
  • Thanks 2