So, can we finally get rid of transmutation charges?

Gibson.4036

19 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

We could create a LI system (for the OW Armor ) where , yo need to do 8 events in a map and call it a day , or keep going and  unlock the yesterdays maps to populate it too .

As the days moves one and the other  yearly expanion is getting closer  , people will have more maps to populate and the game will feel more alive with each day .

Casually unlock 2 gear per expanion (3x if you go for 4-5 OW maps per day) . While the other half community get different maps-objectives . While the PvE track wil offer steady gold income

And we give them an incentive that if you can get 3-4 from the expansion (1x from  WvW,PvP) you get a chance for skin or another Legendary gear , or mount skin , or reduced mats neded for Legend in WvW in the next expanion (people in raids will simply waste their existing resources that are pilling up wihtout going in other modes )

So more rewards for the already over rewarded openworld 11111  fest no thanks.

Edit

In addtion your reply did not answer at all how decade of the dragon made almost every map feel alive.

Edited by Linken.6345
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Linken.6345 said:

So more rewards for the already over rewarded openworld 11111  fest no thanks.

Well this expansion and the previous  is packed with forcing people to get in Strikes  . Doesnt mean that other expanion should follow suite .

The old gg did their best (creating semi-instances- Core 3 bosses +  Marrionete events) and even Teapot  in his latest video (soo-won vs 50healers) (dont put salt in fresh wound :P)

• Confused 5

On 2/15/2023 at 5:17 PM, Danikat.8537 said:

I'd love to know how much Anet actually makes from transmutation charges. I don't doubt there are people who buy them, but I'd be surprised if it's a lot.

Probably not that much. It is probably the only thing in the gemstore where "microtransaction" is actually an accurate term.

However, not having to spend them on legendaries is also one of the motivations for getting them. Removing that will be yanking another rug from under their own feet since one of the purposes of legendaries is to act as material sinks. The legendaries themselves also act as motivators for various content. Something will have to act as replacement.

3 hours ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

Somebody quoted brilliantly earlier exactly where the problem lies in this thread and the general lack of self awareness does not help.

'Studies have shown that people would prefer not to get a pay raise if one of their coworkers would get more. By and large our lizard brains would rather be worse off as long as we perceive it to be “fair”.'

And we can only repeat what has already been said about it:

Interesting. I'd like to read those studies, can you show them to me?

You know, spread that awareness. But actual, informative, substantial awarness instead of a repeated phrase that might fit you in this particular moment in an attempt to claim anyone holding opinion different than yours is somehow ill intended.

While we're at it, I still didn't see the source for your claim about pve tracks incomming. It would really help the discussion to be more specific about what you're saying and providing any sources for your claims.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

Um You have already replied to the original poster saying same in this thread, this was your reply ^^ . 

Yup and no studies have been provided, so your repetition of it seems misguided, even moreso when you know it was already questioned and left unanswered.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

7 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Yup and no studies has been provided, so your repetition of it seems misguided, even moreso when you know it was already questioned and left unanswered.

So nothing is true unless people give you what you want when you want it? Apply your own critical thinking perhaps rather than trying to 'win' i'm actually trying to find the study myself as it sounds fascinating.  And yes it may not exist, but i will take people on face value unless i know for a fact it is otherwise.

Edited by vesica tempestas.1563
  • Confused 8

14 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

So nothing is true unless people give you what you want when you want it? Apply your own critical thinking perhaps rather than trying to 'win' i'm actually trying to find the study myself as it sounds fascinating.

Not "nothing is true", but if someone says "studies shown", providing said "studies" shouldn't be an issue at all, you understand that, right? Otherwise it's nothing more than a random sentence repeated, potentailly distorted and used just like it's attempted to be used here: as a blanket statement (and we can easly tel this is not true for everyone) in an attempt to claim anyone going against your opinion is doing so with ill intention.

14 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

Apply your own critical thinking perhaps rather than...

Mate, not taking any random, seemingly baseless word for granted and asking for source isn't critical thinking? Do you think what you did on the previous (and this) page is somehow an example of critical thinking? Or is it maybe repeating random words/sentences just because they fit the end-goal you want to see here? From where I'm sitting, what you're doing here has nothing to do with critical thinking, it's the opposite (which is repeating whatever fits you whether it's true/proven or not).

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

forgetting quoting rumours and whatever and stepping back a bit, this is the generalised point of view that I disagree with:

I do not want PVErs who don't want to PVE/WVW to have access to the same level of transmutation charges as PVP and WVW content because they already have lots of rewards.   

I think that's a a mean spirited point of view that is not altruistic. For me personally I prefer the following position:

'I think transmutation shards are important for all types of content, so I am happy for PVE only players to have access to more sources even though i personal wont benefit from it as I focus on PVP/WVW. 

'That's it, empathise a bit with your fellow players even if they don't play the type of content you focus on.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 6

On 2/25/2023 at 10:59 AM, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

I have thousands because i do a lot of pvp and wvw.  People who don't won't.  Transformation is very much part of the PVE game i get that (you don't?).  As for the aggressive rest, google yourself i'm not your search engine.

I do lots of WvW and still sit around 20 charges.  Now I have my legendary armor and backpiece and very rarely ever have to spend charges anymore.

As for PvE Reward tracks, those are already out in a way if you're referring to the discussion for those that was out ages ago involving map-specific rewards.

On 2/25/2023 at 11:08 AM, Dark Red Killian.3946 said:

Removing transmitation charges is like saying, please remove upgrade extractors or infusion extractors also. All of these items is what makes legendary armor the best convenience in the game. Also, if the true endgame is fashion wars, legendary equipment is also the ultimate endgame convenience, and therefore should keep the convenience of changing without transmutstion over other armors.

Honestly, removing infusion extractors and having infusions be freely slotted would be the best QOL improvement for ascended ever.  That or make stat infusions pop out on their own.

Edited by Andifulated.3482
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

forgetting quoting rumours

I agree that quoting rumors should be forgotten, that's basically the point here.

25 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

I think that's a a mean spirited point of view that is not altruistic. For me personally I prefer the following position:

'I think transmutation shards are important for all types of content, so I am happy for PVE only players to have access to more sources even though i personal wont benefit from it as I focus on PVP/WVW. 

And as it was mentioned -or even specifically listed- in this thread, pve players also have access to transmutation charges through pve gameplay. Even moreso with the current inclusion of lanterns in EoD, which means map exploration can be basically repeatedly grinded on the same character.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

And as it was mentioned -or even specifically listed- in this thread, pve players also have access to transmutation charges through pve gameplay. Even moreso with the current inclusion of lanterns in EoD, which means map exploration can be basically repeatedly grinded on the same character.

you donr need to 'specifically' mention it, its already on the wiki, and it still does not give the same volume as PVP/WVW.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Charge_(item)

What exactly is the problem with giving PVE player more if its not evenly distributed?  

• Confused 4
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

you donr need to 'specifically' mention it, its already on the wiki, and it still does not give the same volume as PVP/WVW.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Transmutation_Charge_(item)

What exactly is the problem with giving PVE player more if its not evenly distributed?  

How exactly did you estimate "it doesn't give you the same volume"?

Yeah, it's listed in a wiki, but some people seem to be unaware of it, so it clearly needed to be pointed out that they can keep getting charges in pve too.I mean you literally wrote this in your post before me mentioning the acquisition through pve.

On 2/25/2023 at 12:14 PM, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

.It should not be the case that players who want to focus on PVE and gear collecting cannot easily access  transmutes for gear they have collected as this detracts from a key element of PVE rewards - gear skins. 

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

oh dear god.

Don't "dear god", just tell me how did you come up with that conclusion. Is map completion or repeatedly getting EoD lanterns, even on the same character, somehow not farming transmutation charges through pve? IS there such a huge discrepancy in acquisition volume when doing that?

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

Just now, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

do you really think they are equal or are you just being argumentative? I think i can get farm more by simply playing any wvw content. 

The only thing you show me with this post is that you didn't check or base what you're saying, but instead basically guessed and posed it as a fact. You also now completely avoided what I said.

• Like 4
  • Confused 1

The only thing you show me with this post is that you didn't check or base what you're saying, but instead basically guessed and posed it as a fact. You also now completely avoided what I said.

Ive played the game for 10 years and have 4k hours playing, I'm sure you have lots too.   My opinion is that i can get it faster in WVW, what's yours?

• Confused 5

6 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

Ive played the game for 10 years and have 4k hours playing, I'm sure you have lots too.   My opinion is that i can get it faster in WVW, what's yours?

Mine is that you don't understand what you're talking about, never focused on properly looking into acquisition methods since you were not lacking the charges yourself and now make, well, mostly baseless guestimates while avoiding points and questions that don't fit your previously made claims you're now aware might not be as true as you believe them to be

Reminder that as far as I understand your point was about having access to transmutation charges through pve gameplay. Currently, it seems your point shifts from "pve access" to "just get me those passively". Maybe I see it wrong, but in order to show me that, good start would be for you to stop dodging my responses above your post. I do play wvw, I did the map completion which rewards keys/charges (but mostly charges) and I did the EoD lanterns for each of the map too (which doesn't really take as long as you apparently might think?). Charges are farmable through pve gameplay.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Mine is that you don't understand what you're talking about, never focused on properly looking into acquisition methods since you were not lacking the charges yourself and now make, well, mostly baseless guestimates while avoiding points and questions that don't fit your previously made claims you're now aware might not be as true as you believe them to be. 

Reminder that as far as I understand your point was about having access to transmutation charges through pve gameplay. Currently, it seems your point shifts from "pve access" to "just get me those passively". Maybe I see it wrong, but in order to show me that, good start would be for you to stop dodging my responses above your post.

that's not what i asked, i gave you my opinion in plain language, i think you can get more in WVW, its not baseless its based on my experience.  I may be wrong, but equally you may be wrong, and ultimately hard metrics is the answer.   You however really really want to win word games and prove me wrong.   Maybe read post from Dexter above and move on instead.

• Confused 4

2 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

that's not what i asked, i gave you my opinion in plain language, i think you can get more in WVW, its not baseless its based on my experience.  I may be wrong, but equally you may be wrong, and ultimately hard metrics is the answer.

Meanwhile, I asked you what you've based that on and you repeatedly avoided. Sop you based it on nothing, you're basically guessing. And here I thought you wanted to "forget about repeating rumors", pretty sure for now your claim is exactly that. I don't care about your random(!) opinion, I care about what you based it on. And due to your repeated dodges, it seems you didn't really based it on anything solid.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Meanwhile, I asked you what you've based that on and you repeatedly avoided. Sop you based it on nothing, you're basically guessing. And here I thought you wanted to "forget about repeating rumors", pretty sure for now your claim is exactly that.

I shall say it one more time, i said it was my opinion, just like your opinion appears to be the opposite.  get it? 

• Confused 4

6 minutes ago, vesica tempestas.1563 said:

I shall say it one more time, i said it was my opinion. 

Cool. When you made that claim, you simply stated : "you donr need to 'specifically' mention it, its already on the wiki, and it still does not give the same volume as PVP/WVW. ". So you've literally called out wiki in your post -whether you did it intentionally in this very same sentence or not, I don't know- and stated the volume is not the same. When asked what exactly you're basing it on, you've responded with "oh my god" and claiming I'm argumentative.
Now it's your opinion. Ok, cool. You can have any opinion I want. Again, what I asked is what you've based it on because it sure didn't look like an opinion when you first said it. If that's clear then great. Now if you want to try repeatedly farming up charges through pve, you can also do it, pve players are not somehow locked or limited in their acquisition.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

Cool. When you made that claim, you simply stated : "you donr need to 'specifically' mention it, its already on the wiki, and it still does not give the same volume as PVP/WVW. ". So you've literally called out wiki in your post -whether you did it intentionally in this very same sentence or not, I don't know- and stated the volume is not the same. When asked what exactly you're basing it on, you've responded with "oh my god" and claiming I'm argumentative.
Now it's your opinion. Ok, cool. You can have any opinion I want. Again, what I asked is what you've based it on because it sure didn't look like and opinion when you first said it. If that's clear then great. Now if you want to try repeatedly farming up charges through pve, you can also do it.

ok.

• Confused 3