Shadow meld lazy balance

Skullsox.9162

Sorry to tell you this... but that skill will most likely stay dead in competitive for a while.

They slaughtered sneak gyro in WvW in a similar way, that change happened 4 months before and everyone hated it, but it still stays in that horrible state.

Keep bringing it up, maybe they have an insight and do some follow up, Anet should not just blatantly delete skills like these. But just be aware that this might not change for several months....

Edited by Kodama.6453
  • Like 4
  • Confused 2

shadowmeld was never overpowered, there's so many skills that target through stealth, it's actually unbelievably shameful on behalf of arenanet, now we have a 1 second stealth, that has a 1 second cast time... wow as if that was ever strong lol, I see a deadeye cast shadowmeld I wonder where he could be, oh yeah where was when I last saw, him, 1 second later, oh there he is... honestly at this point the balance is all marketing, it's arenanet sucking up to deadeye haters

there's already so many signle use skills that completely counter a deadeyes kit, invulnerabilitys, blocks, reflects to name a few... just such a facepalm, I am embarassed for arenanet honestly, I've played games such as LoL where blocks invulnerabilities and reflect are literally god tier skills with 3 minute cooldowns and what do we get? a nerf to a 1 second stealth lol

in my opinion it's daredevil dagger pistol stealth abusers that give stealth such a bad name, I hear so many people saying deadeye has so much access to stealth? yeah but your severely gimping your dmg

Edited by Raincloud.2594
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Yeah, it's a pretty obtuse change as it only changes it into a blinding powder w/o the utility. I've made a suggestion in a different thread to just add a condition where if you're revealed, meld only removes it but will not grant stealth.

That way it's not an instant get out of Jail free card, but it retains the utility. 

Edited by cyberzombie.7348

3 hours ago, cyberzombie.7348 said:

Yeah, it's a pretty obtuse change as it only changes it into a blinding powder w/o the utility. I've made a suggestion in a different thread to just add a condition where if you're revealed, meld only removes it but will not grant stealth.

That way it's not an instant get out of Jail free card, but it retains the utility. 

i suggested the same thing

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, kai.5149 said:

This is exactly what should happen in this case, thanks. It has been past fixing since 2012.

What should happen is anet should give the initiative mechanic to every profession. That way, they will know how good they had it with their rotations.

Edited by Zacchary.6183
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, kai.5149 said:

Why should 1 class become the status quo for all others ?

The needs of the many are more important than the needs of the few

Because the initiative system is effective according to what you've been saying for the past week. So give it to everyone so everything is fair and skill-based.

• Thanks 3

I wish that even in PVE, Shadowmeld's removal of Revealed would be eliminated, and additional defensive effects, which can be associated with the skill name, be given.

If the stealth itself does not guarantee mobility, it disappears from sight and becomes untargetable, but receives all the damage from the activated skill as it is, so whether Deadeye enters stealth or not, Invulnerability is applied for only 1 second, so you can survive for a while. It would be nice to have a chance.

Even if it's not complete invulnerability like Distortion, 'Damage Prevention skill' would be nice. (CC and conditions apply)

For example, such a skill

Signet of Stone

Defy Pain (soulbeast)

Unflinching Fortitude

Endure Pain

If this is enough, it seems to have value as an elite skill... Or at least give it a barrier, really.

Edited by shinvold.3618
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, kai.5149 said:

Still common sense dicatates it would be easier to clap cds on thief weps instead of revising all other classes weapon skills don't you think xD ?

This is what i wanted to see, actual discussion from you

The thing is with cooldowns and the way bakance goes there has to be a tradeoff or dps even in pve gets cut significantly. With this the damage modifiers would have to greatly improve to make anything on thief with weapon cds viable. Keeping same damage/modifiers and adding 5s would entirely result in MORE THAN HALF of the dps of the thief.

Its like adding another measly 5s cooldown on willbender/revenant skills, they too would be effected, cds are somethung that has to be approached very very carefully

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, shinvold.3618 said:

I wish that even in PVE, Shadowmeld's removal of Revealed would be eliminated, and additional defensive effects, which can be associated with the skill name, be given.

If the stealth itself does not guarantee mobility, it disappears from sight and becomes untargetable, but receives all the damage from the activated skill as it is, so whether Deadeye enters stealth or not, Invulnerability is applied for only 1 second, so you can survive for a while. It would be nice to have a chance.

Even if it's not complete invulnerability like Distortion, 'Damage Prevention skill' would be nice. (CC and conditions apply)

For example, such a skill

Signet of Stone

Defy Pain (soulbeast)

Unflinching Fortitude

Endure Pain

If this is enough, it seems to have value as an elite skill... Or at least give it a barrier, really.

Make it an upkeep skill on deadeye only that reduces initiative by .5s resukting in a new skill renamed Shadow Form/Shadow Ghillie:

Damage reduced 50% per initiative currently on you, if you run out of initiative, the effect ends.

On 2/15/2023 at 9:50 PM, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

This is what i wanted to see, actual discussion from you

The thing is with cooldowns and the way bakance goes there has to be a tradeoff or dps even in pve gets cut significantly. With this the damage modifiers would have to greatly improve to make anything on thief with weapon cds viable. Keeping same damage/modifiers and adding 5s would entirely result in MORE THAN HALF of the dps of the thief.

Its like adding another measly 5s cooldown on willbender/revenant skills, they too would be effected, cds are somethung that has to be approached very very carefully

Ya that common sense sounds more like being needlessly convoluted. Along with hitting dps, it would hit mitigation, so that would also have to be brought up to par somewhere else. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/16/2023 at 12:22 AM, shinvold.3618 said:

You want an ability like Shadow Meld in PvE to fix scuffed rotations on M7 builds, especially ones running Silent Scope. Otherwise you take a big DPS loss from having to wait out Revealed before you can cycle your Initiative.

• 3 weeks later...

Dropping remove revealed from this elite skill COMPLETELY in spvp is some sort of sick joke. Our elite spec's elite skill... which requires an expansion to unlock... LITERALLY.... just gives you two uses of 2 seconds of stealth. Nothing else.... Our heal skills are better. I mean, things that only costs initiative is better than this crap.  I don't know anet, as far as this new balance team goes, they have no clue what they're doing and clearly hate thieves. Uh "yeah uh, thieves have an initiative problem" kitten step aside if this is the crud, you're going to give us. 
In the last nine months we've gotten:

No stealth on steal
No stealth on heal
No extra second of stealth
No damage reduction in stealth
No healing while stealthed
No initiative while stealthed
No reveal removal

Edited by Voraxen.2035
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Voraxen.2035 said:

Dropping remove revealed from this elite skill COMPLETELY in spvp is some sort of sick joke. Our elite spec's elite skill... which requires an expansion to unlock... LITERALLY.... just gives you two uses of 2 seconds of stealth. Nothing else.... Our heal skills are better. kitten, things that only costs initiative is better than this crap.  I don't know anet, as far as this new balance team goes, they have no clue what they're doing and clearly hate thieves. Uh "yeah uh, thieves have an initiative problem" kitten step aside if this is the kitten you're going to give us. 
In the last nine months we've gotten:

No stealth on steal
No stealth on heal
No extra second of stealth
No damage reduction in stealth
No healing while stealthed
No initiative while stealthed
No reveal removal

This is why I miss Doubletap. He was a great asset. Could have done soon much good the longer he was a developer, direct feedback of thief forums to the group from a player made dev that mained thief and understood it along with working alongside the thieves in game. Not an agenda, but legit actual insight. 

I have been saying it's not Elite worthy anymore. Glad to see other's realize the error

• 1 month later...
On 3/23/2023 at 12:14 AM, Lithril Ashwalker.6230 said:

This is why I miss Doubletap. He was a great asset. Could have done soon much good the longer he was a developer, direct feedback of thief forums to the group from a player made dev that mained thief and understood it along with working alongside the thieves in game. Not an agenda, but legit actual insight. 

I have been saying it's not Elite worthy anymore. Glad to see other's realize the error

He's still around but rarely plays now. Killed his morale. He's still in EcK but only as a player 😕 would have been a great mutual benefit to help us pass feedback and data to him then he to the balance team...