Bladesworn changes

dragon.1596

10 minutes ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

I like it. It needs some tuning. If they do this right it’ll solve the problem with warrior not having a range option. I’ve been playing it in pvp and have had decent results with it. Roaming in wvw is still iffy. If we could aim the dragon trigger skills like GS 3 that would go a long way. 

Anything exclusive to Junksworn will never solve the issue of Warrior not having a viable ranged weapon.

One specialization can't solve a problem that plagues the entire profession.

If they truly had any intention of fixing the problem, they'd have to double Rifle's damage to make Rifle viable.

Edited by Fueki.4753
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Fueki.4753 said:

Anything exclusive to Junksworn will never solve the issue of Warrior not having a viable ranged weapon.

One specialization can't solve a problem that plagues the entire profession.

If they truly had any intention of fixing the problem, they'd have to double Rifle's damage to make Rifle viable.

It works with rev. No one uses hammer except in wvw. Renagade is a great spec. it would make it easier on devs to balance just one range elite spec. Imagine machine gun wielding spellbreakers. Would led to more needs for spellbreakers. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, captrowdy.9561 said:

It works with rev. No one uses hammer except in wvw. Renagade is a great spec. it would make it easier on devs to balance just one range elite spec. Imagine machine gun wielding spellbreakers. Would led to more needs for spellbreakers. 

Does it actually work with Revenant though?

While you have a mid-range weapon with Renegade, does it solve the issue of Core not having a decent ranged weapon?

Does it solve the issue of Herald not having a decent ranged weapon?

Does it solve the issue of Vindicator not having a decent ranged weapon?

Since Hammer is not a decent weapon, the answer to all three questions is no.

Just because Renegade is popular, doesn't mean it's fine for the rest to be neglected and have no viable ranged option.

The same goes for Warrior. Junksworn's not-a-sabre getting decent ranged damage would change nothing about Core, Berserker and Spellbreaker not having a single decent ranged option.

Edited by Fueki.4753

On 2/14/2023 at 9:48 PM, dragon.1596 said:

I'm sorry Anet but what is this ? The kit visually makes no sense at all now. The only thing I disliked about the swagsaber was the look of the shell from skill 3, it was too big and too slow. Now it's on 1 and 2 ? Thanks  but no. The whole weapon feels akward now and I don't see why it had to be tuned to a ranged-type weapon. It was very fine before and we had enough gap closer/range damage with 2 & 3 of dragon slash. Those 2 moves feel very rewarding and challenging to the class. I am trying to think about what the changes are bring with them but I really can't see what it's gonna do. Before, when the enemy got away after a slash, we had to run to them while bursting out our 3 shells from skill 3 (+ spin) then once in melee range, slash again. Now what has changed ? Nothing but we press 1, 2 and 3 (+/or 4). The real change is actually skill 3 using up all charges in one GCD.

Maybe this is all experimentation but please listen to the community's sentiments about this ! I am sure to not be the only one miscontent about those changes.

The Bladesworn didn't need more range in my opinion and most importantly, it didn't need it at the cost of looking nice. (Maybe if you had put the projectiles of skill 4 on skill 1 that would be better... But I am no game dev, what do I know.)

I liked the fantasy of having a gun mounted on a sword to propel the slashes. The idea of estoc into big boom. Not the idea of frenetically firing shells the size of the handle.

This is a Gunsaber, not a grenade launcher.

I dislike it, it's not for me.

Why does the 2 skill hit for so little also? Is it just me or are the auto's just as viable lol. Bladesaber needs more survivability and it's f2 needs to hit harder to justify that insane charge up (in competitive modes). It's literally the most telegraphed thing in the game.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gmmg.9210 said:

Why does the 2 skill hit for so little also? Is it just me or are the auto's just as viable lol. Bladesaber needs more survivability and it's f2 needs to hit harder to justify that insane charge up (in competitive modes). It's literally the most telegraphed thing in the game.

That can be jumped over. Or even...

Just yesterday day, I tried to use DS Force on a guy on a staircase who was maybe 1-2 steps up, at my character's chest level. And it missed.

It's sad just how clunky they ve made BS. First, you need to charge flow with no way to quickly max it (like signet of fury)--and there's even a flow cost to enter DT for some reason. Then, you need to stand still (with no stab in competitive modes) to charge the thing. And then your target needs to be on level terrain and at your level for any of the 3 DS attacks to have a reasonable likelihood of hitting--and that's before considering the opponents ability to dodge such a telegraphed attack. 

Le sigh 😞

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

That can be jumped over. Or even...

Just yesterday day, I tried to use DS Force on a guy on a staircase who was maybe 1-2 steps up, at my character's chest level. And it missed.

Dragon Trigger could be jumped over, side-stepped and a whole lot more to evade it since the betas. This has been reported from the very beginning. As far as I remember, they never bothered even trying to fix these issues.

• Thanks 2

3 hours ago, Zizekent.2398 said:

Can you please tell us where do to the game says that warrior is melee only?

i remember back at launch that one of the selling points of the game was the out of the box, non-stereotypical gameplay designs, like how elementalist was wielding daggers and skirmishing in the melee instead of the stereotypical staff wielding, backline squish. 🤔

ah good times. 😊

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

This game reminds me of hipsters. In an attempt to be different they all end looking exactly the same. 

Come on guys you don't really need a ranged healing warrior you need to change profession.

That said, BsW feels unplayable ATM. The amount of after casts and the lack of flow between abilities feels awful and slow af.

Starts charging DS, goes make a cuppa comes back uses the new amazingly nurfed AS (the only good gunsaber ability turned into kitten), binge watches a series during the aftercast and so on.

This was one of the worse implement changes ever. Please revert it or and rethink it or actually test it before launching it. 

(Edit) I forgot to mention the ridiculous projectile size, speed and noise pollution.

As BsW we are given breach loader gloves but instead of actually 12 gauge breach load cartridges we get what it looks like .50 cal FMJ cartridges then proceed to launch low velocity 40mm grenades from the notsaber and actually breach loaded shells from the pistol. Even on a magical fantasy world stuff should make sense. 

On top of all nerfs and clunkiness added we get the noise pollution of a way to loud explosion noise each sec.

Really, why so slow and why so loud?

Edited by Blackthunder.8679

I like the idea of Bls having advantage at neutral in PvP/WvW roaming. The main problems I've noticed so far are: hit detection, no stow cancelling due to bundle, gunsaber projectiles explosions and Dragon Trigger bugs.

1) The hit detection on gunsaber 1 & 2 are serviceable and 3 is reliably terrible. Whiffing all movement skills used by the other players even if that movement skill is moving right at you. You can even "wobble" dodge gunsaber 3 for most of it's range. Increasing projectile speed would be a straightforward fix to see if that fixes the hit detection. 

2) The attack speed of gunsaber is fine to me if you could bait out cooldowns with stow cancelling. I know this is probably difficult to code in the game without just giving gunsaber as a weapon. 

3) Gunsaber projectiles have more than one problem. On top of being very slow and whiffing, the projectiles just disappear with they hit a non-player. Artillery Slash touch a wall? Gone. Blooming Fire the ground next to the enemy? Gone. This is a PvP/WvW roaming problem to me. Even with longbow you can smoldering arrow (4) the ground to blind thieves or people behind you while kiting. Why can't it be the same for gunsaber as a QoL? Last projectile problem is Blooming Fire whiffing on connect. Attaching the explosions to whoever was hit would insure you get the full damage instead on 200-400 damage on someone with superspeed. This attack already exists in game with some champion spiders "laying eggs" on your character for them to "detonate" from your character model a moment later.

4) Dragon Trigger will eat DT boost (2) multiple times a play session. I notice it more when quick drawing DT, but it still happens with charged DTs too. Using DT force (1) on a hill is throwing your flow away. The trigger only attacks horizontally even on hills making that version of DT pointless on non-flat terrain.  DT reach (3) is about as reliable as artillery slash. Please just make this attack a projectile, so it stops riding the ground to suddenly jump 30 feet in the air.

Bladesworns skill floor is a bit too high due to all this gank currently plaguing the elite spec. Most if not all damage on Bls has to be setup properly for any value. Enemy must be locked in place for Dragons Roar (Pistol 5) or Blooming Fire (GunS 2) to land completely. Electric Fence has a condition to get full value (immob). These are very difficult to achieve consistently when my attacks whiff or DT bugs out. I really like the "buffing ritual" play style of Bls. It just needs a bit more leniency for the damage, and for the DT bugs to go away.

Thank you for your time in reading this! Hope the feedback helps!

• Like 1