Why can you still play 3 man premade in 3v3 ranked?

Zombiesbum.3502

8 hours ago, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

Because competitive integrity should be upheld?

I'd rather que with 2 friends/players who know what they're doing as opposed to being forced to team with and babysit players that are hundreds of rating below my own. 2's and 3's are actually more reflective of most players skill rating since you can actually craft actual comps with people you know and trust to play the role, as opposed to conquest and letting rng decide what bargain bin players you get on your team, among other factors.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 6
  • Confused 2

57 minutes ago, Trigr.6481 said:

I'd rather que with 2 friends/players who know what they're doing as opposed to being forced to team with and babysit players that are hundreds of rating below my own. 2's and 3's are actually more reflective of most players skill rating since you can actually craft actual comps with people you know and trust to play the role, as opposed to conquest and letting rng decide what bargain bin players you get on your team, among other factors.

So much this. The Last 2v2 season I got paired with the same teef 3 games in a row. He was not a bad player, just a new pvper. Can't even blame him, wasn't even mad at him but rather that the MM decided he should be on my team 3 straight matches in a row. I felt for him because it's like what are we both supposed to do?

Stuff like that just shouldn't happen when you try to solo queue but it does rather frequently. That's the worst part.

After that experience I duo'd the rest of the season basically. Also duo/trio queue is more fun in the smaller pvp seasons anyways kuz yeah you can actually make a team comp and put some strategy down.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

25 minutes ago, Waffles.5632 said:

So much this. The Last 2v2 season I got paired with the same teef 3 games in a row. He was not a bad player, just a new pvper. Can't even blame him, wasn't even mad at him but rather that the MM decided he should be on my team 3 straight matches in a row. I felt for him because it's like what are we both supposed to do?

Last 2v2 season I, a consistently mid-silver player, got paired several times in a row with a stronger player. I was on Specter. He asked about my build, then proceeded to give direction and tips on how I could support and work with him across several matches.

He probably hard-carried me through all of them, but the fact that he took the time to communicate made it an awesome experience.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Last 2v2 season I, a consistently mid-silver player, got paired several times in a row with a stronger player. I was on Specter. He asked about my build, then proceeded to give direction and tips across several matches.

He probably hard-carried me through all of them, but the fact that he took the time to communicate made it an awesome experience.

Yeah that's what I ended up doing best I could too. I was just like, try to stay alive best you can, don't even worry about damage, the longer you live the better off both of us will be. It did end up working for the last match which was pretty cool ngl. Always a positive.

I am glad you had a good experience with a higher tiered player in pvp because that is rare.

Ultimately 2v2/3v3 is like "bonus" pvp because gw2 was always balanced around 5v5, so that helps when feelings of frustration arise. At least that is what I tell myself haha.

• Like 5
  • Confused 1

Arenas are for teams. Not solo players. Why is this hard for you? 

Not only should we not remove people partying up in a team game to play on a team we should be:

• Adding 2v2 all year round
  • Adding 3v3 all year round
  • Adding 5v5 (Where an actual team can que together in 5v5) All year round. 

sPvP/Conquest is a game mode designed around communication and teamwork. It WAS DESIGNED to be fully partied into.

If you want to play solo, don't play a mode based around team play and tactics. 

Edited by jdawgie.1835
  • Like 8
  • Confused 1

On 2/15/2023 at 8:11 PM, jdawgie.1835 said:

Arenas are for teams. Not solo players. Why is this hard for you? 

Not only should we not remove people partying up in a team game to play on a team we should be:

• Adding 2v2 all year round
  • Adding 3v3 all year round
  • Adding 5v5 (Where an actual team can que together in 5v5) All year round. 

sPvP/Conquest is a game mode designed around communication and teamwork. It WAS DESIGNED to be fully partied into.

If you want to play solo, don't play a mode based around team play and tactics. 

Then remove solo Q and see what happens to the game mode. Unfortunately your argument in not valid because the mode requires solo players for it to not die in a fire. And let me throw your own BS logic back in your face; If you want to play as a premade team, don't play a mode that lets players solo. Go play tournaments. 

Edited by Zombiesbum.3502
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 2

On 2/15/2023 at 7:28 AM, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

Because competitive integrity should be upheld?

The rules are the same for every player. Nothing is stopping you from putting an effort in finding a team/friends aswell and putting thought in your team comp. 

You choose to play with a handicap.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 3

Just now, Gladiotor.7561 said:

The rules are the same for every player. Nothing is stopping you from putting an effort in finding a team/friends aswell and putting thought in your team comp. 

You choose to play with a handicap.

You know what competitive integrity means right? It's not about me having a disadvantage by playing solo. It's about those who don't play solo getting an advantage. There will always be solo players, and If I teamed up I would get that advantage too, but guess what? That still means there is a lack of competitive integrity.

I don't want to artificially increase my rank, and by that some notion I don't want to be at a disadvantage when I do play against premade teams. I really don't see how that is hard to understand. But apparently people on the forums project motive for some reason. 

• Thanks 7

3 hours ago, Zombiesbum.3502 said:

You know what competitive integrity means right? It's not about me having a disadvantage by playing solo. It's about those who don't play solo getting an advantage. There will always be solo players, and If I teamed up I would get that advantage too, but guess what? That still means there is a lack of competitive integrity.

I don't want to artificially increase my rank, and by that some notion I don't want to be at a disadvantage when I do play against premade teams. I really don't see how that is hard to understand. But apparently people on the forums project motive for some reason. 

People out here are dead set on making the game less "play with your friends" centric in the name of competitive integrity, like the gamestate they're chasing won't immediately be put out of their reach by wintraders on discord the moment they try to force both sides to be random. 

Fine, nobody gets to premake.

Two people q at the same time and have an agreement that if they are split, X throws the game. They don't tell anyone they're doing this.

Congrats, the game mode is now worse. The people who cant play with their friends leave, making it easier for the group above to do what they're doing. 

It's Team Deathmatch.

Team.

Find two people. That's how it's supposed to work. It's not an advantage you should be averse to using. 

Edited by Azure The Heartless.3261
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Waffles.5632 said:

I have to agree, in 5v5 duo is nonsense, but in 2v2/3v3 the whole point is making new friends and forming small teams. That's where the real fun is.

It just makes no sense to have a mixed solo + team Q in any competitive (/ ranked) mode. And in team based queues the ranking should be tied to the team, not the individual players.

• Thanks 5

25 minutes ago, Silinsar.6298 said:

And in team based queues the ranking should be tied to the team, not the individual players.

But teams aren't locked. How do you apply a rating to something that constantly changes? And locking teams would be too restrictive for ranked, especially when it already suffers heavily from way too low population.

(Splitting solo and team Q - while it does make sense in general - also would increase all the issues with by low population, including bad matchmaking).

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Thanks 2

31 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

But teams aren't locked. How do you apply a rating to something that constantly changes? And locking teams would be too restrictive for ranked, especially when it already suffers heavily from way too low population.

If that would be too restrictive, the current population simply doesn't support an actual team-based ranked queue.

So now we have a "solo" queue that is based on individual players' rankings, but allows teaming up. Which is inherently unfair because some players team up and some don't.

Team players blame solo players for not forming teams, but without them, they would wait forever for matches. Solo players are complaining because the game and its current population could likely still support a more competitive / fair (as in not allowing teams to q up) pure solo Q, but doesn't provide one.

Edited by Silinsar.6298
  • Thanks 4

9 minutes ago, Silinsar.6298 said:

If that would be too restrictive, the current population simply doesn't support an actual team-based ranked queue.

The current population does not support any kind of competitive ranked system.

But even with a healthy population i don't think locked team q would work. Like is there even a single game out there that does that (and it works well)? Team "rating" is what tournaments are for, not ranked.

Edited by UmbraNoctis.1907
  • Thanks 2

16 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

The current population does not support any kind of competitive ranked system.

My impression: There often are games with only 1-2 pre-made duos in conquest. And I think more players would queue up solo more often if they wouldn't put themselves at a disadvantage by doing so. So in my opinion, a solo Q would see enough players, and it would be a better competition than mixed Q.

19 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Like is there even a single game out there that does that (and it works well)?

I haven't been playing MOBAs for years, so I can't tell you if any games currently do this. As far as I remember, Bloodline Champions had you create, queue up and listed on the leaderboard as a team and it worked while the playerbase was big & active enough. But yeah, I'm not gonna argue that this is feasible for GW2 at this point.

34 minutes ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

Team "rating" is what tournaments are for, not ranked.

In a way, ranked ladder / season is just a perpetual tournament. Currently, team rating doesn't fit ranked because it's not a pure team queue.

I'd prefer GW2 providing a pure solo Q per default, alternate between pure solo and pure (full, but not locked pre-made required) team Q off season, and focus on (and improve) tournaments for competitive team-based play.

• Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

I thought game developers made single player games specifically for people that want to play games by themselves. Was something lost in translation? Did people forget MMORPG was an acronym? Was the Massive Multi-player part of it confusing? Do installation links to games need to start having quizzes attached to ensure the players know what they're signing up for? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 2

It would be nice for matchmaking and team balance if they would separate pugs from premades (solos from full teams), but the pvp population just isn't big enough for that, unfortunately.

For each of the players in here saying they want required premades only and berating anyone who disagrees, there are several more silent players who would just not play at all if that were the case. Then the same people here would be crying even more about how pvp is dead, queue times are so long, and they're always put against the same team every match. 

"Careful what you wish for." 

Edited by Kako.1930
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

On 2/17/2023 at 2:47 PM, Bazsi.2734 said:

It's a gamemode for 3man teams. It's meant to be a competition between 3man premades. Randoms are also allowed in, but the gamemode is not for you. If you can't get 2 semi-permanent mates, play literally anything else.

Except that 90% of players play as solo, so your logic is invalid when we look at reality over your ideals.

• Thanks 3
  • Confused 3