Thief trait idea

CodyG.6975

Not sure if anyone else agrees but I dislike how, when playing most thief specs, we just press the same button again and again wait for recharge then repeat. 

Does a trait that says something along the lines of  "When using an initiative skill buff other initiative skills by (5-10%) stacking (2-5) times" guiding us to using lots of different skills to upkeep a damage buff? 

Just an idea I had and thought I would share! Let me know your thoughts!

• Like 3

Interesting idea. I also dislike to just keep spamming the most initiative effective skill over and over instead of using my entire kit, that is one major drawback for me on thief.

Alternatively, maybe a similar mechanic to what they introduced for the firebrand tomes? If they use 3 tome skills in quick succession, they get refunded a page. this is to encourage to use their entire tomes instead of just one skill and then swap out again.

So maybe a thief trait that gives 1 stack for each unique initiative skill you use, lasting for a few seconds and if you have 3-4 of these stacks, you get some initiative refunded?

• Like 1

This... is an interesting idea, and could really work!

Do we want it "kept up" by cycling between two? I don't think so. But we do want all stacks refreshed whenever you gain one stack, to keep the nice ball rolling!

So something like
"Get 5% extra damage (both types) for 8 seconds every time you use an Initiative skill. Using an initiative skill again ends this effect. Stacks up to 5 times."
The "again" is tracked with a buff that is *not* refreshed, and is just your initiative skill used in grayscale, lasts for 5/6/8 seconds (big fan of the 6 here). Could result in issues because holy crap, our buff bar is already a sardine can.
Reworking it to "using the same Initiative skill twice in a row ends the effect" is simpler to execute, but allows you to just build, chain, and sustain the buff at max stacks with just two skills.

1 hour ago, kai.5149 said:

How about remove intiative altogether and slap good ol'cds on them weapon skills .. you know to start balancing things up as it should have been in the beginning and be done with this never-ending initiative drama 

When skills like Maul and SB dagger exist I feel like really small CDs and Ammo are superior to the ini system if it means we can get improvements elsewhere finally and AoE AAs on guns. Could also get more F skills.

Edited by Doggie.3184

8 hours ago, CodyG.6975 said:

Not sure if anyone else agrees but I dislike how, when playing most thief specs, we just press the same button again and again wait for recharge then repeat. 

Does a trait that says something along the lines of  "When using an initiative skill buff other initiative skills by (5-10%) stacking (2-5) times" guiding us to using lots of different skills to upkeep a damage buff? 

Just an idea I had and thought I would share! Let me know your thoughts!

*edit* ah feck it, not going to bother on forum. People's ideas are pointless anyway, so why comment.

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Confused 1