SAB 2023 coming soon

hugo.4705

Yup. What a ride? Almost 10 years? But I still have hope and determined to see world 3 and 4. After all, it the past I already posted on the forums ideas for the remaining zones.

In the meantime, I recreated nothing less than the bad guy, Lord Vanquish, on an AI characters website you may know: https://beta.character.ai/chat?char=jvrtcU5FGnc0w02lqtgzo4grZbNCOpElnM-7zgRD7UI (character.ai). And I had some fun discussing with him about gathering baubles.

The roadmaps are cool, but I hope festival update isn't forgotten, SAB still not finished. So thanks for the updates, impatient to be in march.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, hugo.4705 said:

Yup. What a ride? Almost 10 years? But I still have hope and determined to see world 3 and 4. After all, it the past I already posted on the forums ideas for the remaining zones.

In the meantime, I recreated nothing less than the bad guy, Lord Vanquish, on an AI characters website you may know: https://beta.character.ai/chat?char=jvrtcU5FGnc0w02lqtgzo4grZbNCOpElnM-7zgRD7UI (character.ai). And I had some fun discussing with him about gathering baubles.

The roadmaps are cool, but I hope festival update isn't forgotten, SAB still not finished. So thanks for the updates, impatient to be in march.

So, I sent "Moo" and it devolved into a story. Of how cows were his first minions that he created and gave a home in his castle and now he constantly "Moo"s at me.  He can still hear the mooing every night. 

Edited by Iageri.8179
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Iageri.8179 said:

So, I sent "Moo" and it devolved into a story. Of how cows were his first minions that he created and gave a home in his castle and now he constantly "Moo"s at me.  He can still hear the mooing every night. 

Decided to send "Moo" too, and it turned into how a cow that was to give milk to strengthen his army became a traitor, killed and replaced Lord Vanquish.

All hail the Cow Lord!

• Haha 3

• 2 weeks later...

it told me we have skill issue or we would be playing world 4 right now.

who's your most dangerous enemy

Lord Vanquish
I have so many powerful enemies, but the worst of the worst is the hero, the main protagonist, who swore to delivered the kidnapped princess.
He/She can beat my most powerful minions in the different worlds and my castle itself to save the princess Miya, the only hope of all the kingdom.

your castle is in world 4 right?

Lord Vanquish
My castle is located at the top of the highest mountain of the fourth world! It's the final place of all the levels/worlds of Super Adventure Box.
It contains my most powerful minions and of course myself, lord Vanquish, the final boss of the game.

Considering the hero is only in world 2, you're probably safe for another decade

Lord Vanquish
You fool! The hero can go from world to world as he/she likes! The hero can easily reach my castle in world four if skilled enough.
But I am not afraid! I am ready and determined. If the hero wants to fight, I will be waiting...

Edited by Taclism.2406
  • Confused 1

Well, two years ago they said about W3 and possibly even the W4 that they are chipping something behind the scene, but we should not expect anything in the next year or two. Two years are gone so, matemathicaly speaking, the W3 shall be added this april! It is confirmed by the devs :3 Bring in the Kaiser Snake boss!

• Haha 2

This is great!

I asked him how he was doing and he said he was fine but felt like being evil was a curse, this evolved into Lord Vanquish confessing his regrets and asking me to pass along his apology to the kingdom and its people since he said "I'm too afraid of their reaction"

he seemed to be very sorry and hoped everyone would forgive him.

I guess he only wanted to capture the princess and rule the kingdom to make friends and it backfired and now he just feels lonely. Please forgive Lord Vanquish everyone. He doesn't want to be the bad guy anymore.

(I also promised him that people would forgive him if he apologized.)

• Haha 1

I'm not sure about extra worlds at this point (do the map designers even work for ArenaNet anymore?), but it would be nice if they at least return the story elements of all festivals like they did for LWS1.

If festivals are going to be our main filler between expansions, they need to be much more robust.

Edited by SoftFootpaws.9134
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

• 2 weeks later...

A decade of SAB but I still can't do it -- Anet needs to address the handicapped and allow us a way to do SAB events at some level.

--==--==--==

KUDOS to all who can do this and other jumping heavy achievements -- I am still sad I can't even get Winters(day) Presence...

Edited by Rebuke.3176
  • Confused 6

2 hours ago, Rebuke.3176 said:

A decade of SAB but I still can't do it -- Anet needs to address the handicapped and allow us a way to do SAB events at some level.

--==--==--==

KUDOS to all who can do this and other jumping heavy achievements -- I am still sad I can't even get Winters(day) Presence...

You do know that infintile sab exist right? you get clouds you can run on to the end hardly any jumps needed.

If you want to normal then you can make a party of up to 5 and aslong as 1 person make it to each check point all get to it when they die or relog.

Tribulation mode is another story entierly.

• Like 2

It would make sense to deliver the next worlds in smaller pieces: One zone each year. That way people could have enough time to complete achievements. With so many content in the game already (+ the existing SAB stuff taking pretty long for new players to complete) it would be a bit much to release a full world again. Especially with the festival "only" running for 3 weeks and if it was as lengthy as world 2. (Though if they take feeback into account they should less big.)

Then again: There are still a lot of years after that to slowly complete stuff. And the max I can see would be 4 worlds. If they ever try to do that many.

I wonder more about the additional skins and stuff ... that they might bring. 3 new ones for the kodan vendor I guess? I think we already had the weekly and the new daily (with the bags you can open for chance at other skins that better are bought directly at the TP cause of low drop rate) and if there were only 3 new skins it would be a bit meager.

Lunar New Year though ... seems to have been the last to add those new dailies. There might be other reward getting added to the festivals. Even more skins.

Edited by Luthan.5236