PvE Reward Track suggestion

Quirin.1076

In WvW and PvP there are reward tracks to earn items you would get if you played PvE for specific maps or doing metas on those maps.  The issue is though the drop rate for items in those reward tracks is much higher and also a guarantee when selecting those reward track to get specific items.  Unlike in PvE those items have a really low drop rate or those same guarantee items have a rare drop rate.

My thought is, what if instead of earning spirit shards for leveling, if there was an option to pick a reward track instead.   This way while playing PvE, I know that as I progress my levels that earning levels I would be guaranteed clovers or 200 silky sand at the end of the track and not have to speed weeks if not months farming a specific map to earn those items. I could run fractals or dungeons or raids or help newer players in lower level maps or boss farming and progress that reward track for mattes I needed.   I understand that I could simply go to that map and earn those items, but I spend weeks farming maps for piles of silky sand for scribing, but the amount I earned in a few nights in WvW burning through reward track for it gave me more than I needed. 

Would be kind of cool if PvE players had that same resource, or the drop rate in PvE mirrored that of the reward track for those maps

• Like 4
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

The things in the reward tracks are replacement for the lack of loot from other aspects of those game modes. If you think there needs to be balance then you are agreeing to give up most of the other PvE loot in exchange for the reward track.

1 hour ago, Quirin.1076 said:

but I spend weeks farming maps for piles of silky sand for scribing, but the amount I earned in a few nights in WvW burning through reward track for it gave me more than I needed. 

You could have gotten 10x as much sand doing PvE stuff as it took to complete the reward tracks. Working 10x as long just to get the same rewards sounds pretty terrible to me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Quirin.1076 said:

I understand that I could simply go to that map and earn those items, but I spend weeks farming maps for piles of silky sand for scribing, but the amount I earned in a few nights in WvW burning through reward track for it gave me more than I needed. 

You did spend weeks for faming for silky sand? How much do you need? 1 hour farming on the map will give you around 250 of those, with around 20 gold from all the loot. And you want to remove all the normal loot and all the chest that normaly give that just that you can get something like a reward track that will take 2-3 hours to fill, if you are good?

Why do you hate PVE so much that you want to reduce the loot to make it on the same level as PVP and WVW?

PLEASE LET PEOPLE ENJOY PVE!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Technically the open world maps already have a "reward track", its just that you cannot see it. That is how you get the map bonuses.

Each event you participate in gives points towards this hidden track, which resets at 8000 points and starts giving you the rewards from the start again. It therefore pays to take part fully in events to gold participation reward level , since you will finish the track quicker (and obviously get the gold reward rather than the bronze or silver participation reward).

You can read how it works below.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Map_bonus_reward

• Like 5

Maybe a reward track like PvP and WvW would not be the right solution.   I just play a lot of WvW so reward track is where my mind went because they are tracks you can see what you are going to get.

Was just looking for a way to earn something outside of spirit shards,  I have over 20k spirit shards.   I was simply making the connection to the reward track because like the mastery points in PvE being able to change what your xp goes towards to earn something else outside of spirit shards. Like would feel like progression of a kind, like working toward a reward that you knew you would get once complete.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Quirin.1076 said:

Like would feel like progression of a kind, like working toward a reward that you knew you would get once complete.

That is literally what every currency does.

Edit: Are you really expecting to be able to earn any item in the game by simply gaining exp? That is what the result would be if the things got implemented as requested. It would certainly simplify things ...

Edited by Khisanth.2948

42 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

That is literally what every currency does.

Edit: Are you really expecting to be able to earn any item in the game by simply gaining exp? That is what the result would be if the things got implemented as requested. It would certainly simplify things ...

Nope, that is why I mentioned reward tracks. 

Edited by Quirin.1076
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

People Like you really should Google "how to make Money with Spirit shards"

Don't know how it is today, but i financed severl legys Just with shards from Friends and me into upgrading Mats.

Sure you can't buy silky Sand with this, but you can buy a whole Lot more with this as you could with simply Mats. So a Big No from me. I Love my Spirit shards. Saved me so much grinding.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

9 hours ago, difens.1326 said:

I agree, but only for specific items that can't be earned in PvE. Gift of Battle specifically...

This is exactly why it needs to be gated to WvW. WvW best mode, and legendary is supposed to encourage mastery (well, let’s say familiarity, with what we have currently) of all modes