Bladesworn changes

nuwanomura.5763

The changes is good but achieved nothing.

ranged damage is underwhelming.

the issue or the spec is being self rooted with no stab for 5 secs.

they understood that with deadeye that was a 1500 range class but can't understand that a root for a melee class is death.

Anet surprises me how they don't care for warrior sometimes.

Maybe the meme of anet hating on warrior were true.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4

Really don't get why people think the self root on dragon trigger is such a death sentence. Especially after they already significantly decreased the time you need to charge the attack.

You get a small shadow step to get out of immediate harm with and also an aegis to be able to block an incoming attack if necessary. I personally had absolutely no problem with this mechanic so far. Granted, it requires knowledge of a fight, so I wouldn't use bladesworn for encounters I have absolutely no experience with. But in these, I can just use another e-spec.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

57 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

Really don't get why people think the self root on dragon trigger is such a death sentence. Especially after they already significantly decreased the time you need to charge the attack.

You get a small shadow step to get out of immediate harm with and also an aegis to be able to block an incoming attack if necessary. I personally had absolutely no problem with this mechanic so far. Granted, it requires knowledge of a fight, so I wouldn't use bladesworn for encounters I have absolutely no experience with. But in these, I can just use another e-spec.

That because you thinking on a pve stance.

try being rooted in wvw and pvp you will understand why is a death sentence.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Just now, nuwanomura.5763 said:

That because you thinking on a pve stance.

try being rooted in wvw and pvp you will understand why is a death sentence.

WvW, yeah, I can see it.

In PvP you are not supposed to charge the complete attack anyway. The trait daring dragon was specifically implemented with PvP in mind so you can spam the attack back to back and in PvP you also get diminishing returns for charging the full attack, all to encourage that you don't spend the entire 2,5 channel standing there.

And if you are "rooted" for like 1 second, then it really isn't much different like many other channeled attacks which require you to stand still like prime light beam.

WvW is really the only environment where I considered it probematic. But in zerg play, a very big portion of elite specs is not viable, so that's w/e.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4

16 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

WvW, yeah, I can see it.

In PvP you are not supposed to charge the complete attack anyway. The trait daring dragon was specifically implemented with PvP in mind so you can spam the attack back to back and in PvP you also get diminishing returns for charging the full attack, all to encourage that you don't spend the entire 2,5 channel standing there.

And if you are "rooted" for like 1 second, then it really isn't much different like many other channeled attacks which require you to stand still like prime light beam.

WvW is really the only environment where I considered it probematic. But in zerg play, a very big portion of elite specs is not viable, so that's w/e.

a good way to make it good is to make that the last ammo you charge in dragon trigger has like 2.0 coefficient power. so if you manage to fully charge it will hit very hard.

I don't like how a skill is not supposed to be fully charged when the skill has a charging mechanic.

• Confused 1

26 minutes ago, Kodama.6453 said:

WvW, yeah, I can see it.

Daring Dragon is terrible in pvp. It has never been the meta choice. The coefficients are just too low without the might and you are shut down by blind and block.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

UD is mandatory for PvP, without it the chances that you are going to hit something are quite small. I am fine with that although it sucks that you get kind of locked into only one viable option (if you want to be relevant most of the time).

What I am not fine with is being self rooted and enemy can just easily abuse the terrain to avoid slash, effectively negating all of my damage.
It might not be death sentence but it's weird to put such mechanic into something like GW where the combat is quite fast paced. And on top of that it's extremely predictable.
This is not anime where antagonist sits in one spot and waits until the MC hits him with his super charged attack.
Only time when I find it somewhat effective are teamfights where you can sort of catch the enemy team off guard (works better than something like hammer zerker due to UD trait).
On one hand I kind of like the premise of Bladesworn and the idea behind it (same for Specter), on the other hand gameplay wise it just does not work well together when exposed to PvP/WvW, and sometimes PvE.

Edited by Greyrat.2378

On 2/17/2023 at 12:16 PM, Zuko.7132 said:

Daring Dragon is terrible in pvp. It has never been the meta choice. The coefficients are just too low without the might and you are shut down by blind and block.

Ehh, I kinda disagree actually. Its not the meta choice mostly because the stun is valuable, but I do think it has potential to be the meta choice, being able to fire back to back to back dragon triggers is actually quite potent.

2 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

Ehh, I kinda disagree actually. Its not the meta choice mostly because the stun is valuable, but I do think it has potential to be the meta choice, being able to fire back to back to back dragon triggers is actually quite potent.

If they upped the coefficients on Dragon Trigger, I would agree.

On 2/17/2023 at 4:44 AM, Kodama.6453 said:

It is more that if you do min charge why even bother unless you are going for the mobility (reach) or the stun (which comes from Unyielding dragon trait)?

Dragon Slash - Force specifically needs more damage to at least be on par with core burst when at max charge.

4 hours ago, UNOwen.7132 said:

make it less clunky.

its honestly less clunky with discipline, but it can't afford to run discipline. its not survivable with just 1 defensive traitline.

might heal requires both str and tac or one of the 2 combined with def to be sufficient in this spec.

and this spec doesn't work well with def alone because of the nature of dragon trigger.

dragon trigger has considerably high downtime and low frequency, also easily interruptible. its not just about charging up, you also have to make sure it lands. and all an enemy has to do is dodge or interrupt it and youre f*d. moreso if they interrupt it early. you don't even get to might heal.

the rest of its kit, is also insufficient. and like the bane of all warrior specs besides spellbreaker, it has no way to deal with protection.

then theres the reward, what do you get for all that investment and effort just to get your mechanic off, unrewarding output.

there's a lot wrong with it and warrior in general.

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

i was hopeful about reworking gunsabler into a ranged weapon. it would've opened up some really good options. i still think its a good change.

its just that the implementation wasn't good, terrible coefficients, really long cast animations, overall very undertuned.

some people actually feel they've made it worse.

i dunno, i predict another year's gonna pass us and we got the same old problems and more still plagueing warrior. 🤣

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1