Bravo

Mcintosh.8427

I don't know, Cantha graphics looks like a ps3 game to me, there is no wow factor when that "welcome to Cantha" cutscene plays. The colours are too sharp and saturated and looks harsh, and the texture is appaling when compared to eod. I prefer pof and hot environments and graphics.

Edited by asterix.9614
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 8

1 hour ago, Izzy.2951 said:

The kappas for example feel as if they have come out of an anime. Not like the original ones

Tbh, the kappas in gw2 look more akin to those depicted in Japanese folk lore, when compared to what the gw1 variants looked like

Edited by Demonhead.7584
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, Mcintosh.8427 said:

https://www.guilded.gg/u/Powurshot/up/media?mediaId=4822783

Link is to a screenshot of a dragonfly in Cantha. I noticed them some time ago and just wanted to say well done on the detail Arenanet. They're beautiful.

I hadn't noticed that but I agree, they're very pretty. I really like a lot of the little details in this game, especially when it's things where the designers could easily have skipped it because it's unlikely many players would notice. When I do notice it's really nice to realise someone took the time to make it interesting.

5 hours ago, Demonhead.7584 said:

Tbh, the kappas in gw2 look more akin to those depicted in Japanese folk lore, when compared to what the gw1 variants looked like

That would also make them look like anime, since a lot of creatures in anime are inspired by (or direct, intentional depictions of) ones from Japanese folklore and mythology.

Although a google search for 'anime kappa' turns up a lot of little green things with human bodies, duck beaks and tiny turtle shells on their backs (and for some reason the same hairstyle as medieval monks). To me the GW2 ones look closer to the GW1 version which were basically bipedal snapping turtles with some extra horns.

• Confused 1

Mythological kappas have medieval monk hairstyles because there's an indentation in the top of their heads that contains a little pool of water. If the water goes away, something bad happens to the kappa (can't remember what). But kappas are very polite so you can defeat them by bowing to them. They will politely bow back and all the water will run away.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, SpacePenguin.9731 said:

Mythological kappas have medieval monk hairstyles because there's an indentation in the top of their heads that contains a little pool of water. If the water goes away, something bad happens to the kappa (can't remember what). But kappas are very polite so you can defeat them by bowing to them. They will politely bow back and all the water will run away.

It will be stuck in the bowing position until you refill it, and then it will serve you.