Anet's failure to do something about exploits and hacks is due to...

GutterRat.1269

Anet's failure to do something about exploits and hacks is due to...  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Anet's failure to do something about exploits and hacks is due to...

• Indifference.
    • Incompetence.

Time and money spend on a new anticheat isnt worth it for them.

They just made a policy, which punishes you for talking about the problem.

Also they wont announce anything regarding this topic or talk about it at all. As this would confirm that these type of problems exist. This is the same reason why there is no report button for Hackers.   Because that would admit that there are indeed hackers.

They just want everyone to be quite, while they put on their blindfolds and wait it out till gw3 hits.

I am sure they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix... this fix will be a proper anticheat that will be part of gw3.  Atleast i hope so. 

tldr: they will do nothing, because those cheaters are not yet hurting their reputation/sales. They did a fantastic job at silencing the community.

I am gonna tell you what happens next: This post will be deleted, and you will get a copy pasted message from a Moderator, telling you to use the ingame report button or send it to the support. Which ironically.... does nothing.  

Been there, done that.

we just have to live with the hackers and laugh at them, for being unable to do anything against us even tho they are cheating. Because all of them are abismal at this game. And they need cheats as their trainingwheels to feast on PvE players that try to get their legendary.  But as soon as they meet a competent player, there is nothing they can do but teleport away in shame.

Gladly i caught it on video ❤️ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46tP9c9ptKY

(btw this was idk... 1.5 years ago.... i submitted the clip to the support with enough data and even the username of this player.... yeah... guess who was online yesterday.)

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

Time and money spend on a new anticheat isnt worth it for them.

They just made a policy, which punishes you for talking about the problem.

Also they wont announce anything regarding this topic or talk about it at all. As this would confirm that these type of problems exist. This is the same reason why there is no report button for Hackers.   Because that would admit that there are indeed hackers.

They just want everyone to be quite, while they put on their blindfolds and wait it out till gw3 hits.

I am sure they are aware of the problem and are working on a fix... this fix will be a proper anticheat that will be part of gw3.  Atleast i hope so. 

tldr: they will do nothing, because those cheaters are not yet hurting their reputation/sales. They did a fantastic job at silencing the community.

I am gonna tell you what happens next: This post will be deleted, and you will get a copy pasted message from a Moderator, telling you to use the ingame report button or send it to the support. Which ironically.... does nothing.  

Been there, done that.

we just have to live with the hackers and laugh at them, for being unable to do anything against us even tho they are cheating. Because all of them are abismal at this game. And they need cheats as their trainingwheels to feast on PvE players that try to get their legendary.  But as soon as they meet a competent player, there is nothing they can do but teleport away in shame.

Gladly i caught it on video ❤️

(btw this was idk... 1.5 years ago.... i submitted the clip to the support with enough data and even the username of this player.... yeah... guess who was online yesterday.)

There was that time where IGN released an article about wintrading in pvp and then they got off their butts and started throwing random bans at people and then made a post talking about how dedicated they are towards anticheating and what not before not addressing it ever again.

So essentially what you need is enough, consistent media coverage on it to essentially bully the staff into doing their jobs like they're a group of politicians or something. Its terrible but modern problems require modern solutions. 

I suppose the more moral route is getting everyone to not spend money on the game until they start taking the act of caring about the playerbase at least as seriously as FF14 but that's literally trying to herd cats.

Anyway, since we don't have the right to tell the truth here I'll see you all after the chat ban. Actually yeah,  this is exactly like politics.

• Like 1

I've posted videos showing players using exploits - the video post may have been removed but the thread had remained. I'd need to go back and check the vid post was removed.

As soon as a video was linked in a thread about hacks though, which showed shots coming from under the map, the entire topic vanished without a trace.

Draw your own conclusions.

Edited by Chips.7968
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

16 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

There was that time where IGN released an article about wintrading in pvp and then they got off their butts and started throwing random bans at people

They have banned some very big names from the scene back then..... Alot of streamers aslo

The same day, the same people just made another account, some even took the same name.... and started playing again....  Streaming again..... Wintrading again..... They are still here to this day.

i wont call names... but anyone thats around in this game for quite some time knows who i am talking about here.

Edited by Sahne.6950
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sahne.6950 said:

They have banned some very big names from the scene back then..... Alot of streamers aslo

The same day, the same people just made another account, some even took the same name.... and started playing again....  Streaming again..... Wintrading again..... They are still here to this day.

i wont call names... but anyone thats around in this game for quite some time knows who i am talking about here.

Oh I know. I've seen the minor inconvenience on discord as well as previous dev behavior and collaborations. Just like politics.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1