Signet of Rage

Zuko.7132

1 hour ago, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

And nowhere near as strong as you'd think.

Strike dmg reduction is meaningless when inhibiting condis, damaging condis, strips and CC are there for the warrior from far more mobile/better ranged classes.

It'd be busted AF of there were another source of significant resistance output for berserker. As it stands, you have to choose between having resistance (from resilient roll) to escape the chill, blind, and weakness to land your damage, or being tanky enough (via defy pain) to survive against all the other powerful specs out there. You can't have both. That's why powerzerker continues to struggle outside of memes.

I'd love to see burst of aggression include 3-4s of resistance and Bloody Roar provide resistance on primal burst use. Probably still wouldn't be enough to make power zerker truly good, but it would both provide the counter to cover condis and allow you to run defy pain.

Although, Tbh, if defy pain ever became mainstream, it'd almost certainly be a problem. That much invuln isn't healthy.

A better solution would be to provide something like a lesser Dolyak Stance (yeah I know that's a ranger skill, but bear with me) the reduces both power and condi dmg (while not making you invuln) and removes movement impairing condis and prevents their reapplication. Or just give a burst of Prot, resolution, and resistance to keep it simple.

1 hour ago, CalmTheStorm.2364 said:

Although, Tbh, if defy pain ever became mainstream, it'd almost certainly be a problem. That much invuln isn't healthy.

A better solution would be to provide something like a lesser Dolyak Stance (yeah I know that's a ranger skill, but bear with me) the reduces both power and condi dmg (while not making you invuln) and removes movement impairing condis and prevents their reapplication. Or just give a burst of Prot, resolution, and resistance to keep it simple.

Yeah it is inherently balanced the way it is. You have to tote warhorn, sio, and mending to not die from condi, at the same time you can take berserker stance to alleviate the issue.

56 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

The reason people don't run it is because Rampage is just way too good. 

Nah. Rampage gets dropped for headbutt on berserker. Support war wants banner. Rampage is very good, but it's not the be all and end all after the no damage on cc changes. Signet just sucks.

1 hour ago, Zuko.7132 said:

Nah. Rampage gets dropped for headbutt on berserker. Support war wants banner. Rampage is very good, but it's not the be all and end all after the no damage on cc changes. Signet just sucks.

Just to clarify, I'm saying Rampage is just way better than Signet, disregarding whatever spec they're running. Even certain Berserker builds in WvW use Rampage over Headbutt because the CC coefficients aren't actually nerfed in WvW.

You want to buff Signet? Make it generate +1 bonus Adrenaline on hit and have a stronger active effect. As it is now, it struggles to even compete with similar Boon-flood Elites like Harb's Elixir of Ambition which gives way more boons than the Signet does, with a similar duration (in non PvE modes) 

My 2 cents regarding your suggestion: A cooldown cut is worthless. It needs a way stronger active effect. 

Edited by Yasai.3549
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Yasai.3549 said:

Just to clarify, I'm saying Rampage is just way better than Signet, disregarding whatever spec they're running. Even certain Berserker builds in WvW use Rampage over Headbutt because the CC coefficients aren't actually nerfed in WvW.

Nah, Headbutt is the best warrior elite. Can't argue with a 18s CD stunbreak that can be traited to have 5s of strike damage immunity along with it. Banner is still great for zerg play though.

If on core I'll still run banner or signet though.

There is a discussion about a signet, gw2 forum average community: proceeds to discuss a trait XD epic, bravo, applause.
The passive of that signet is rubbish, it is weak even for the rest of the warrior's signets passives and look how weak they are, even if it gave 1 adrenaline per second it would still be below it being an elite skill and his asset was inflated, it was changed in such a clumsy way that it even mismatched the ability with respect to the current state of the game, I can only assure that nobody likes that visual effect XD

• 2 weeks later...

If they want to keep it as a power boost/steroid elite, they need to boost its numbers and quicken its passive adrenaline gain.

Personally, I'd change its effect into giving us free bursts. On activation, our next burst becomes a free t3 level burst with no cast time. I'd love to land with an instant [Earthshaker] out of nowhere or double up [Full Counter] for survivability. Couple such an elite with [Signet of Fury] and Berserker's Blood Reckoning resetting your primal burst, you could shoot 3 [Gunflame]s in a row!

I would have such a good time with that kind of elite.

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 11:35 PM, Grand Marshal.4098 said:

And nowhere near as strong as you'd think.

Strike dmg reduction is meaningless when inhibiting condis, damaging condis, strips and CC are there for the warrior from far more mobile/better ranged classes.

Probably cause you have to run berserker for it. On spb against power builds its pretty broken.

• Sad 1

For me the best thing would have been if the passive gave 1 adrenaline per second in combat and 25% movement speed and the active gave 30 adrenaline, superspeed for 5 seconds and reset the burst ability recharge. Renamed as Signet of Adrenaline, without animation or launch time, dreaming is free, well no, but almost (Eliminate the visual effect it has) XD

• Like 1