Dragon vs Berserker Updated

Mell.4873

There were a few topics on this post EoD launch but i wanted to address this again.

I know for benchmarks pure power or Berserkers is normal better, but I was playing around with build editors, and I noticed some professions really benefit from the extra Ferocity especially when the power coefficients are relatively low (multiple hit skills). Elites like Virtuoso with a Vitality to Ferocity trait or Renegade with its really high trait precision bonus can get the equivalent DPS with Dragon armor sets.

I just wanted everyone opinion on this idea, since I have been recommending Dragon sets for PvE and even Strikes/Raids

Edited by Mell.4873

Holosmith can also make use of full dragon if it wants to. It only needs 45% from precision to cap. If Willbender had a good power build, it would be able to make use of it too, needing only 40% from precison while running Radiance with Righteous Instincts (can apply Resolution through shadowstepping while having Vanguard Tactics and F3). That's just off the top of my head.

Dragon set offers slightly more survivability in the form of more HP but builds like Snowcrow will always assume you are good at handling your build and mechanics but it also assume you have a party with dedicated healer and support.

So yeah you will always squeeze a little extra DPS when running full berserk unless there are some specific trait on classes that favor a certain stats but if you dont feel like running full berserker then a mix of berserker + dragon or marauder isnt exactly going to drastically change the end result.

13 hours ago, Alcatraznc.3869 said:

So yeah you will always squeeze a little extra DPS when running full berserk unless there are some specific trait on classes that favor a certain stats but if you dont feel like running full berserker then a mix of berserker + dragon or marauder isnt exactly going to drastically change the end result.

Yeah that is pretty much my recommendation to most people who do end game content. 

I tell people to do Berserker first with few Soldiers Ascended jewellery pieces that the can swap into if they need to be tanky. With the ultimate goal of Dragon or the Condition equivalent. 

Edited by Mell.4873

It kinda depends wether you're already sorted on crit cap (and whether it costs any specific trait slots/sigils/runes). Getting crit cap is simply the most important so id normally pick marauder over dragon in that case. 

Incase you're already over crit cap i'd definitely suggest running dragon armor. Atm running 5 dragon armor pieces on my Weaver. Its -55 power (on ~4000 total power) and +3.1% crit dmge on ~270% crit dmge) pretty sure its still a net loss in dmge (especially when running scholars+fresh air), but it is very minimal like 0.1% dps tops. Its a very small price to pay for an ele to gain an additional 1.85k and should already be used by every ele to reduce downstate & below 90% hp time. 

• Like 2

4 stats gears offers 8% more points over 3 stats gear. As long as you can reach crit cap going for Marauder and Dragon is usually better for OW PvE than just running full zerk, even if you can lose some damage. You will lose damage anyway unless you're only fighting the dps golem...

• Like 1