issue i have with (a lot of)outfits/(some)armor sets

Ascency.3580

what i find annoying with most available outfits, and armors in gw is that almost every single piece is deforming the character. like when creating the character you are presented with a number of body types to choose from. u pick the one u like, how u want your character to look. then you see an outfit u like, u buy it, and realise your toon suddenly changed shape. this is clearly seen in most recent equinox outfit, where for human and i presume norn female the chest is shrunk considerably. or with one other outfit namely elegant canthan outfit the thighs are made thinner for some odd reason, not by much, but enough to notice, and it looks weird., which combined with the weird way the fabric on characters front is bulging outwards makes this outfic actually ugly once u actually take a look at it. and its a huge shame, the concept arts for this outfit looked AMAZING. also nightspeaker outfit - makes your charachter have completely different body type. same goes for shoes. no two pair of shoes in the game are for the same feet size. some make the feet look huge, some change the feet into hooves. i realise creating any outfit for gw is hard. u have 5 races for which the outfit will look different, and two of the races have extremely different body features. but id very much rather have new outfits rarer, but more polished, then getting more of them but at least some looking like they were rushed.

(im mostly referring to human female characters, not even sure if similiar issues are present for other races/genders, but quite a lot of players choose human female for their toon so id like to know if im the only one who thinks this sux a little bit)

• Like 5

57 minutes ago, PolarBear.3961 said:

Its the worst on male sylvari for me... almost every armor gives them like 50% more muscle mass for no reason especially the chest pectorals and shoulders... they dont even HAVE muscles they are PLANTS !

This. And to make it worse their amrs and legs just remain thin, so they look like a barrel with stick limbs.

• Like 3

I finally rerolled to Human male cuz EoD still continued the trend of almost nothing fitting properly on Male Sylvari. It's always too big or deformed, it's rare that they scale things down to fit their smaller form. Things are generally made for humans first but not many skin-tight things like GW1 offered, especially for males who have less options for that than females.

Also I hide shoulders on my Charr, they just don't work, lol.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

You should try finding something for Asura... lol

They look soooo funny in many outfits. So I just don't buy them and there aren't a lot of choices out there.

Female Asura don't have much choice in dresses and skirts, and some skins remove the small skirt on armor for the Asura.  And there are a couple of outfits that leave your female Asura bare-chested.  Makes me sad because other than the bare chest, the rest of the skin looks amazing.

Asura have funny bowed legs, and weird arms that have thicker forearms... HUGE heads... I suppose it's too time-consuming to create skins that fit and suit the Asura.

Yet I love them... I have 8 Asura... I think I am addicted. 

😲

• Like 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1