Mantra cast time is way too punishing

Kelly.5293

Mantra cast time is way too punishing.

Why just why would you flip flop back to something you already agreed on didn't work?

During a fight lasting longer than a few minutes spending 2 seconds+ multiple times just to prepare to do something while fighting is terrible. I'm forced to bring less mantras at this point, ideally none. I'd prefer a longer cool down than this hot mess.

Thanks

Edited by Kelly.5293
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 5
  • Haha 3

• Kelly.5293 changed the title to Mantra cast time is way too punishing
14 minutes ago, Kelly.5293 said:

Why just why would you flip flop back to something you already agreed on didn't work?

iirc different people doing balance.

15 minutes ago, Kelly.5293 said:

During a fight lasting longer than a few minutes spending 2 seconds+ multiple times just to prepare to do something while fighting is terrible. I'm forced to bring less mantras at this point, ideally none. I'd prefer a longer cool down than this hot mess.

Quickness? Firebrand has a lot of access to it if you take the traits.

I'll agree that I also find it annoying but its really not that bad. Maybe if you take 3-4 mantras or something but this was a buff for most of them.

The auto charge on respawning at least would be a nice QoL compromise.

3 hours ago, Kelly.5293 said:

Yep, just like that whiplash with Necro shades.

But it's not surprising because Mesmer is involved and Anet likes to reinvent the class every patch. Every class needs to pray they have nothing overlapping with Mesmer.

Ultimately the main design problem was never solved, and that is the last charge typically sucks and isn't even used unless there is absolutely nothing else that can be done.

Edited by ArchonWing.9480
  • Like 1