Jump to content
  • Sign Up

Not Able to add pictures on new Forum


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@Chris Cleary.8017 said:This has everything to do with the forum software suite that was chosen to be used for the new forums. Without getting too deep into why, there are issues with how the forum handles non-standard inputs and how it surfaces those to clients without their control. There are native and legacy embeds that are allowed currently, but since the issues that were present at the time of launching this forum still existed, image upload and image embeds are disabled until further notice.

I understand that Vanilla is hosting this forum. They also host for Marvel Heroes Omega. That forum community is a little... salty at the moment, but they also have a big problem with Vanilla. There have been many issues throughout the life of that forum (few years), and the community manager even blurted out that they were looking at other options once. He was let go a few weeks later... multiple variables at play.

Long story short, they have pictures. Most threads devolve into GIF battles to avoid becoming overly pessimistic. I don't know Vanilla well, nor do I know about their hosting packages. I just know that the experience for Marvel Heroes Omega has been mixed to negative, and they have pictures. Those pictures along with a few, key forum members are a beacon of humor in an otherwise dark place.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Gaile Gray.6029 said:@"Tiscan.8345" -- can that "proof of concept" also extend to other sites, such as Tumblr? We get so much fan art on Tumblr, and I'd love to be able to make the case for the uploading of images from Tumblr, rather than a link.

Sure. I modified it (quite) a bit and now it supports Tumblr and Deviantart, too.

New Imgur-Support that allows embedding of Direct-Links, Posts and Galleries: https://i.imgur.com/UVZLlkA.jpgTumblr-Support: https://i.imgur.com/3QCKMby.jpg

I'll send you a personal message with some additional informations.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 8 months later...
  • 3 years later...
On 9/22/2017 at 7:13 AM, Chris Cleary.8017 said:

This has everything to do with the forum software suite that was chosen to be used for the new forums. Without getting too deep into why, there are issues with how the forum handles non-standard inputs and how it surfaces those to clients without their control. There are native and legacy embeds that are allowed currently, but since the issues that were present at the time of launching this forum still existed, image upload and image embeds are disabled until further notice.

So its been 5 years, has there been any development on letting us use imgur embeds for images on the forums yet? 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ParagonPaladin.7516 said:

So its been 5 years, has there been any development on letting us use imgur embeds for images on the forums yet? 

That is very out-of-date.  It was changed with the previous forum software.  We now have new software that does not allow pictures from some sources. You can always use a link to show your picture, though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/8/2022 at 5:59 PM, Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:

That is very out-of-date.  It was changed with the previous forum software.  We now have new software that does not allow pictures from some sources. You can always use a link to show your picture, though.

I mean yeah but it looks ugly on a guild recruiting post to just slap a big red line of text in where a header image would look better. 
Are there any image sources that are allowed? I noticed Imgur is no longer supported. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...