Spectre and open world stuffs....kk,go.

Joxer.6024

7 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Terrible AoE, Shortbow is useless on it and it's mobility is greatly reduced compared to other specs so no reason to use it over  them. Specter is for single target bosses only so you'll use it in Strikes.

thanks for that. yea, after seeing some gameplay and such I came to the same conclusion as you....so thanks again for the heads up. Sad really, as class\spec seems like it could be a good thing....

4 hours ago, Joxer.6024 said:

thanks for that. yea, after seeing some gameplay and such I came to the same conclusion as you....so thanks again for the heads up. Sad really, as class\spec seems like it could be a good thing....

Endless Night and Rot Wallow Venom in groups can tag a lot. Targets have to be between Endless Target beam mostly but if a mob is close together then there is some splash all around. Grasping Shadows and Eternal Night could either use better radius or hit more than five targets... or both. 

• Confused 2

1 hour ago, kash.9213 said:

Endless Night and Rot Wallow Venom in groups can tag a lot. Targets have to be between Endless Target beam mostly but if a mob is close together then there is some splash all around. Grasping Shadows and Eternal Night could either use better radius or hit more than five targets... or both. 

Too bad the skill feels absolutely awful to use cuz Measured Shot's rubberbanding effect and it's extremely slow windup cuz of that miserable pre-skill. Still landslides better off using Daredevil with Staff or Shortbow and enjoying more control over your life.

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

For OW: Celestial D/D and SB Specter. 

Trickery: 1-2-3

Deadly Arts: 3-2-1

Specter: 2-3-2

Withdraw. Roll for Initiative. Green Well. Yellow Well. Elite Well. 

Gear: Cele with Divinity Rune. 

Weapon: Sigil of Stars and Concentration on both weapon sets. 

Strait forward, easy to use, great survivability. lots of CCs. 

You can solo most bosses with it. 

Edited by Bunny.9834
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Doggie.3184 said:

Too bad the skill feels absolutely awful to use cuz Measured Shot's rubberbanding effect and it's extremely slow windup cuz of that miserable pre-skill. Still landslides better off using Daredevil with Staff or Shortbow and enjoying more control over your life.

The Measured Shot portion is mostly fine except in tight spots like a tower lord room. I still take Daredevil once in a while but with S/D or maybe D/? + Shortbow. Staff 3 and 5 feel alright but the rest of that weapon might be alright utility but feels stupid and Staff can gas out under pressure if you're not around support and haven't slotted gear heavily to mitigate and burst heal. 

DrD better be tops with how much it's been worked on over time but I'd still rather have Specter since it has more and better answers to most stuff. If everything is going perfectly and the map isn't cluttered, rolling around with staff is fine also.

• Confused 2

• 2 weeks later...

Spectre can tag virtually everything around you if you build with heal per second food, sanctuary runes and the bottom grandmaster choice. Shadowstep heals you, when you heal you get barrier, when you Shadowstep with barrier you spread it to allies, when you give allies barrier you give them rot wallow venom, when they hit stuff they apply torment which gives you hit credit. Is a pretty fun build for stuff like the Halloween labyrinth. 

Edited by Jugglemonkey.8741
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Power thief is weak in open world but is still good at killing normal and veteran mobs because of blinds and CC.  

condition thief doesn’t deal as much damage as other classes, but is very capable of killing legendary bounties or any other tough boss mob that you may encounter.  I believe condi spectre while solo is about 11-12k dps, necro can get up to 16k for reference.  

As for spectre specifically, it’s mostly single target which is its biggest weakness, but you can get some aoe running the condi well or thousand needles.  

Me personally I prefer celestial deadeye for open world.  Pistol/dagger for single target, or shortbow for aoe when necessary.   Very tanky with good single target damage for champions and shortbow handles groups of weaker enemies fine. 

• Sad 1

On 2/21/2023 at 3:17 PM, Bunny.9834 said:

For OW: Celestial D/D and SB Specter. 

Trickery: 1-2-3

Deadly Arts: 3-2-1

Specter: 2-3-2

Withdraw. Roll for Initiative. Green Well. Yellow Well. Elite Well. 

Gear: Cele with Divinity Rune. 

Weapon: Sigil of Stars and Concentration on both weapon sets. 

Strait forward, easy to use, great survivability. lots of CCs. 

You can solo most bosses with it. 

Just been testing the build out on pvp npcs instead of pve, but this is pretty fun. Thanks for the idea.

• Thanks 1