Warrior or Revenant for pvp / Raids / OW

ruffs.3621

Warrior or Revenant for PVP/Raid/OW  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Warrior or Revenant for PVP/Raid/OW

• Warrior
    • Revenant

Hello,

I did trials in the PVP lobby on all the classes and I like warrior and revenant the most. I am a new player so I am not sure what it is like to do any endgame content. Can someone tell me which is better for pvp/raids/ow? Also, which is needed more in group content? What do you think is more fun/rewarding? anything to help me make my choice. Thank you!

In sPvP, Spellbreaker probably is doing better than Revenants due to Full Counter still having it's bugged CD reduction. Every other type of Warrior should lose against Revenants though.

In any other content, I think that Renegade is numerically superior to any kind of Warrior.

But to me, Warrior is way more fun to play with.

If you have to pick one for endgame PvE, revenant will give you far more options. Quickness herald is generally better than quickness warrior; you can heal on revenant, they seem to be bringing alacren back; there are good power and condi builds, you have access to boonstrip, party stability, party protection, and projectile hate, albeit generally not all at the same time; there is good CC available if needed; and there's one boss where rev is one of a short list of professions capable of filling an important role. Warrior can tick some of these boxes, some better than rev, but not all of them. Some of these factors are a function of current balance, but roles such as alacrity provider or healer are probably never going to be seen at a raid-suitable level without another elite spec or a redesign at a fundamental level.

• Like 2

On 2/21/2023 at 10:33 PM, ruffs.3621 said:

Hello,

I did trials in the PVP lobby on all the classes and I like warrior and revenant the most. I am a new player so I am not sure what it is like to do any endgame content. Can someone tell me which is better for pvp/raids/ow? Also, which is needed more in group content? What do you think is more fun/rewarding? anything to help me make my choice. Thank you!

Off-hand personally I would go for Rev of those two for sure. Either can be pretty easy to gear out for power spec and perform dps, however, I feel like rev has a ton of options like qdps, alacdps, healq or healalac, pure dps, condi dps. Its not the very top of the dps list but its within a small enough margin of the others to be good. Its also very capable for soloing content. People have even used it to do cm solo type stuff. Its hands down stronger and more versital in my mind. I will admit I have spent allot more time on rev and may be bias too so keep that in mind too.

It kinda depends on balance patches which one is better. Right now Spb is one of the strongest builds right now for PvP and both bladesworn and spellbreaker are probably in the top 5 PvE dps builds atm. 

That being said, warrior is very limited in its role diversity in PvE. Right now war doesn't have a viable heal spec (and i highly doubt heal bladesworn will ever become an actual thing). With their quick support being put in one of the core traitlines, its most likely that warrior will never be able to give Alacrity. 

Ontop of that warrior lacks options for decent ranged dps (the only semi ranged dps build is condi berserker with a very low benchmark and slow ramp up time). 

Revenant overall has much more flexibility & build diversity 

Warrior is a great pick to play atm, but i wouldn't recommend it as your main. My suggestion would therefore be to start with a revenant and maybe start leveling up the warrior later on. After a couple months you probably also have some ascended gear aswell. This offers BIS stats and is account wide armor, meaning you can use your armor/weapons on all your heavyweight characters. 

At the moment I would say that Warrior performs better at PvP, Revenant better at OW PvE and both are equally capable (fairly good) at WvW (in both roaming, zerging and smakk skirmishes). For instanced PvE both are decent, I guess, but I can't talk much about that game mode.

Warrior has had a few very strong spvp and pve dps builds since EOD launch. A few rather OP. And is always sought after in WvW squads.

But Revenant just has so many options. OP builds come and go but Revenant is one of those classes that is always doing good in all modes.

• 2 weeks later...

I play both a lot. I would say I main warrior. Warrior wit spellbreaker was good for pvp/wvw before they started giving it some attention and now it’s even better. He downside to warrior is that it doesn’t have as many options. Spellbreaker with gs/dagger/shield is super fun but gets old after awhile. With rev you have 3 different elite specs and more weapon options.