Boat Fountain in Lions Arch

For those out there who already complain LA looks like an amusement park, this could be the log ride.  Or one more thing to dodge and avoid, or another reason not to go to LA.

I like LA as it is.  I see no point, value, or fun in sitting in a canal/pond/puddle/cess pool in a boat going nowhere.  That's just...odd.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

you have completely ignored the social benefit and business benefit to anet

I really doubt that you sitting in your skiff in Lion’s Arch will have a big impact on Anet’s business benefit. Everyone can just press O and see what new skins are in the gem store. Often the new skins are also promoted in blog posts 

1 minute ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

most of endgame is map chat and showing off rewards, so displaying skiffs is part of that. 

This is really not my endgame, sounds kind of boring to me. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

you have completely ignored the social benefit and business benefit to anet the entire post while focusing on things like clutter or impacting "using the facilities" whatever that means. theres tons of ways to deisign this so it dosent impact access to the town.

I didn't ignore "the social benefit", I already mentioned I wrote about that aspect right in one of the first responses of the thread. It's already happening in LA and it's directly connected to the reason AGAINST dropping a random pond in the area people are using to socialize in.

Here it is, rather early in the thread:

22 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

My point is that if someone is interested in seeing skiffs, they can easly move slightly to the south where the harbor is. Suddenly putting bodies of water/boats next to bankers (and/or on the way between banker and tp) and in the space people relatively often use to socialize is simply a bad idea.

You're the one ignoring things here, not me.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 1

Just now, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

neat go there and make sure you dont socialize or have any fun and definitely dont show off your skins or anything like that, it might be fun.

I do, happily, and enjoy fishing and boating in one of them.  In a sea.  With fish.  In a method of transportation, going somewhere, with other players doing the same thing.  

No one has had an issue in open world saying hey what's that skin while out fishing.  Since really that is who uses the skins.... people fishing.  

• Like 8

so i'd love to  hear what the point is of all those people in final fantasy 14 loitering about in skimpy outfits with their armor and weapons and playing instruments and showing off thier mounts and all of that. please explain to me how that has no benefit to the game, doesn't affect the sales of the game.  is not an intended activity, disrupts peoples abilities to "use the town" is not endgame, is not a game mode. is pointless.  does not make square enix any money.  I'd love to hear why anet would not be intersted in fostering that dynamic  here in gw2 from you guys.  because unless its the same answer as skiffs in LA, you're all hypocrits.

Edited by Jumpin Lumpix.6108
  • Confused 5

1 minute ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

so i'd love to  hear what the point is of all those people in final fantasy 14

Then go ask them. All you're doing here is avoid what people say and try to come up with new (or -mostly- repeated) irrelevant strawman arguments. @SuavePuppy.2809 is probably on point here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Thanks 5
  • Confused 1

Just adding a little pond sounds easy, but this area is 20+ units (according to TACO) above the waterlevel, so withouth a larger rework of the whole area this would be just a big hole in the map, where you won't even see two skiffs from the street level if you put them on top of each other.

Edited by Schimmi.6872
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Then go ask them. All you're doing here is avoid what people say and try to come up with new (or -mostly- repeated) irrelevant strawman arguments. @SuavePuppy.2809 is probably on point here.

if anything id say you're the bait youve offered nothing constructive in this entire conversation and trolled every point ive made and ignored important aspects of my point of view

• Confused 6

28 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

i can see its like 4 of you that are basically not interested in promoting anets business interests so this post is not for you, i can see you guys dont like it.  I hope anet implements it, because I like GW2 i like buying things that are GW2 and I like showing off stuff for GW2, that includes skiffs.

You specifically stated that you want this added in order to cause fights between players in a public venue. A goal of purposefully increasing toxicity and exposing as many players to it as possible is not good business.

Edited by Ashen.2907
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

1 minute ago, Ashen.2907 said:

You specifically stated that you want this added in order to cause fights between players in a publ8c venue. A goal of purposefully increasing toxicity and exposing as many players to it as possible is not good business.

so showing off skins causes toxicity lol ok... better tell anet that so they can stop making new ones

• Confused 6

13 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

so i'd love to  hear what the point is of all those people in final fantasy 14 loitering about in skimpy outfits with their armor and weapons and playing instruments and showing off thier mounts and all of that. please explain to me how that has no benefit to the game, doesn't affect the sales of the game.  is not an intended activity, disrupts peoples abilities to "use the town" is not endgame, is not a game mode. is pointless.  does not make square enix any money.  I'd love to hear why anet would not be intersted in fostering that dynamic  here in gw2 from you guys.  because unless its the same answer as skiffs in LA, you're all hypocrits.

If we spent resources on new things , we wont use them to make old content relevant (raids) and sell it as expanion feaure 😛

Love live the Resource wars (and the ugliness in the humanity that its releases)!

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 5

3 minutes ago, Batel.9206 said:

No.

You've been given a list of reasons why this would never work, OP. I suggest you heed them instead of continuing to whine about why it's a "good idea." It isn't, and you've been told why it isn't. This is getting you nowhere.

anet will see this and they already added stuff like the jadebot terminal in LA which i wanted them to do.  I want to display more of my skins, im arguing with like 4 people i don't think anet cares about their opinion on this given the jadebot terminals which they surely would have complained about, and they're helping me to get my issue exposed so the devs see it. so thanks.  ive played gw1-2 now for 20 years so i know what works.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

its amazing how many of you are so vocal on the forums but dont enjoy skins, showing them off, improving the environment, but yet you love the game enough to post on here? and im the troll.... apparently lol

Evidence that those who dont like your one specific suggestion to alter the game so that others can be forced to look at you, so that you can be the center of attention, is an indication that they dont like skins?

• Like 7

9 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

its amazing how many of you are so vocal on the forums but dont enjoy skins, showing them off, improving the environment

I don’t play this game to show off and you sitting in your skiff in a lake next to the bank would definitely not improve the environment. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

so what you're saying is that ffxiv that has all those people standing around creating a community and dancing and clogging up the road with instruments and chatting is "super annoying" because my idea is just simply an extension of that. an environment enhanced to facilitate more of that.

So why don't you just stick with that game and leave GW2 alone? I am not interested in that game, in any way, shape, or form. If I were, I would play it. I play GW2 and I don't want it to be like any other game. I am in Sanctum Harbor often, and I am often not the only one. Thing is, I am there to fish only. I am not looking at others skiffs. I don't care what skins/dyes/armor/mounts/ETC that others use. Whatever they use doesn't enhance my game at all. I don't play the game to chat, emote, show off, or whatever. And I definitely don't want a show off area like you are suggesting in a common area. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

40 minutes ago, jezzi.6825 said:

So why don't you just stick with that game and leave GW2 alone? I am not interested in that game, in any way, shape, or form. If I were, I would play it. I play GW2 and I don't want it to be like any other game. I am in Sanctum Harbor often, and I am often not the only one. Thing is, I am there to fish only. I am not looking at others skiffs. I don't care what skins/dyes/armor/mounts/ETC that others use. Whatever they use doesn't enhance my game at all. I don't play the game to chat, emote, show off, or whatever. And I definitely don't want a show off area like you are suggesting in a common area. 

I'd say you're playing the wrong game, they're going to continue to release cosmetic skins, literally the reward for all end game content is cosmetic skins.  If you say you don't appreciate it, thats fine but its literally half the game and for players like me, its the entire game.

also if you don't care about skins, displaying skins, talking about skins or dyes.  Then why weigh in on a post that simply exists to enhance others abilities to display said cosmetics.  You guys even talk about avoiding LA entirely... and apparently i'm the troll?  while you weigh in on issues you care nothing about..... right.

• Confused 5