Boat Fountain in Lions Arch

17 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

I'd say you're playing the wrong game, they're going to continue to release cosmetic skins, literally the reward for all end game content is cosmetic skins.  If you say you don't appreciate it, thats fine but its literally half the game and for players like me, its the entire game.

also if you don't care about skins, displaying skins, talking about skins or dyes.  Then why weigh in on a post that simply exists to enhance others abilities to display said cosmetics.  You guys even talk about avoiding LA entirely... and apparently i'm the troll?  while you weigh in on issues you care nothing about..... right.

I use skins... for myself, not for others. I buy skins I like, etc, but I do it just for myself. I don't care to impress others and I am not impressed by others. What you are suggesting is not an enhancement that will be of benefit to the game. I didn't call you a troll, so don't toss in on replies to me. I am telling you that what you are suggesting may be an enhancement to you, but it isn't to me, and obviously it isn't to others.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, jezzi.6825 said:

I use skins... for myself, not for others. I buy skins I like, etc, but I do it just for myself. I don't care to impress others and I am not impressed by others. What you are suggesting is not an enhancement that will be of benefit to the game. I didn't call you a troll, so don't toss in on replies to me. I am telling you that what you are suggesting may be an enhancement to you, but it isn't to me, and obviously it isn't to others.

yah you and 5 other people in here, im sure there are people who would like to display their skins or use their boats in prominent areas while being complimentary to the environment, and without being disruptive to others.

• Confused 5

44 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

yah you and 5 other people in here, im sure there are people who would like to display their skins or use their boats in prominent areas while being complimentary to the environment, and without being disruptive to others.

Yes there sure are people like that, sadly your idea is neither complimentary to the enviroment or not disruptive to others.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Well we haven't heard  the opinion of other people .

We dont need constant "no" from the usual people  and utimetly  become like the Instance Forum section (1 post every 5 hours)

Im quite suprised you did not come here advocating for a auto lfg for skiff enjoyers useabe in lions arch and since its then implemented into the game it can be  transfer over to other areas aswell.

• Haha 4

23 minutes ago, Linken.6345 said:

Im quite suprised you did not come here advocating for a auto lfg for skiff enjoyers useabe in lions arch and since its then implemented into the game it can be  transfer over to other areas aswell.

Maybe later

My goal first is to sent 14 people in enemy MMOS and for some akward reason,  casuals that "offer something new-fresh (and we try together to find the mid ground)" from that game will rush here

Edited by Killthehealersffs.8940
  • Confused 4

6 minutes ago, Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

Maybe later

My goal first is to sent 14 people in enemy MMOS and for some akward reason,  casuals that "offer something new-fresh (and we try together to find the mid ground)" from that game will rush here

It is not new tho have you seen old lions arch?

6 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

i cant believe nobody wants enhancements to existing places to show off their mounts. its like saying here's a new mount, and we definitely don't want to have a place to use it where people gather, and then everyone agreeing saying yes, i definitely don't want to use it or see other peoples mounts where i hang out. In game where rewards are centered around cosmetics and a lot of times socializing and afking in town... bizarre.

I can't believe so many people think showing off their look is going to interest most people.  Unless you're very very good at making a unique look, or very good at imitating an existing look from another source (cosplay), your look is more interesting to you than it is to most other people.

Sometimes I'll see a person who put time and effort into their look that catches my eyes and I'll message them to let them know I like their look.

But I've never done with with a mount or an outfit for that matter. They only thing you're showing off with a mount or outfit is a four color dye job. That's it. It's not impressive to me, whether it looks good or not.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Vayne.8563 said:

I can't believe so many people think showing off their look is going to interest most people.  Unless you're very very good at making a unique look, or very good at imitating an existing look from another source (cosplay), your look is more interesting to you than it is to most other people.

Sometimes I'll see a person who put time and effort into their look that catches my eyes and I'll message them to let them know I like their look.

But I've never done with with a mount or an outfit for that matter. They only thing you're showing off with a mount or outfit is a four color dye job. That's it. It's not impressive to me, whether it looks good or not.

I totally get what you’re saying, but I have actually complemented someone on their gryphon dye scheme before. It was a nice palette different from the typical colors you see everywhere.

Acknowledged that was probably the exception that proves the rule.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Just now, Gibson.4036 said:

I totally get what you’re saying, but I have actually complemented someone on their gryphon dye scheme before. It was a nice palette different from the typical colors you see everywhere.

Acknowledged that was probably the exception that proves the rule.

Oh sure, I get that completely. 

To me, it's less about the combination of colors on the mount and how it fits the character riding it.  To me, minis, mounts, skiffs, they're all really part of the character's indentity. Even title is for me.  That said, I don't expect compliments and I may stop to show guildies or friends something I particularly like but I don't even do that often.  I just do it for myself.

• Like 1

On 2/23/2023 at 4:54 PM, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

why? you're not even adding anything to the conversation...

It's better to ignore people like that, there is no conversation to be had with them, it's just a black hole of negativity.

On topic, I'm all for changing up the cities, but skins aren't really something i like seeing on other players, so I'm for the idea, but for different reasons.

Edited by DexterousGecko.6328
spelling
  • Like 4
  • Confused 4

7 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

its amazing how many of you are so vocal on the forums but dont enjoy skins, showing them off, improving the environment, but yet you love the game enough to post on here? and im the troll.... apparently lol

They are vocal because resources will have to be used on this. A lot actually since the water level is much lower then where you want this added. It will not be easy for them to add what you want. 

I enjoy fashion wars in game, and I feel flattered when people comment on my cute little rat or choice of colors on my mount skins. I do however not feel the need to show it off. If you feel that need, there are other ways you can do it as others have pointed out.

Not wanting this feature added has nothing to do with opposing social interaction or improvements. The game already have many ways to provide this. I have started some quaggan trains when bored in lions arch where people enjoyed the social aspect of the game. If social interaction is what you want, there’s plenty you can do to achieve it. Adding a trophy pond players fight about will not add good things to the social aspect of the game. 

That said, you feeling this game needs this is fine. It’s the way you reply people react to. Which can be seen as trolling. You should accept people do not want this added. They got their reasons for not wanting it and I agree with them. It has nothing to do with not wanting good changes or adding new ways to interact with others. It’s simply not a good suggestion. But you’re free to disagree with this opinion. 

Troll or not, I’ve said my piece. And I got my popcorn ready 🍿

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Why not host a skiff show in the harbor?  Create an event, post on forums/social media, announce in map chat to message you if interested.  Then anyone who wants to see them or show them off can freely do so, in an already existing environment, without redoing an entire map or having to sit in a pond.  

• Like 5

13 hours ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

yeah because water and skiffs right in the middle of the bank, crafting, tp, forge, bl, event hubs... is "complimentary to the environment, and without being disruptive to others"... 

the devs are busy working on substantial game updates and they won't waste time and money on redesigning la for you, so you should do it yourself and organize your skiff skin rp group somewhere and have people join you. you can even make a guild for it and run events. problem solved. yw. 

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Farohna.6247 said:

Why not host a skiff show in the harbor?  Create an event, post on forums/social media, announce in map chat to message you if interested.  Then anyone who wants to see them or show them off can freely do so, in an already existing environment, without redoing an entire map or having to sit in a pond.  

because i don't want to do that.  Why not just bring skiffs naturally where people naturally congregate instead of me having to organize an entire event.  that way people afk or socializing can enjoy hanging out on their skiffs.  Just like everyone already does on their mounts/chairs/dancing/cat beds etc.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 6

10 hours ago, Swagger.1459 said:

yeah because water and skiffs right in the middle of the bank, crafting, tp, forge, bl, event hubs... is "complimentary to the environment, and without being disruptive to others"... 

the devs are busy working on substantial game updates and they won't waste time and money on redesigning la for you, so you should do it yourself and organize your skiff skin rp group somewhere and have people join you. you can even make a guild for it and run events. problem solved. yw. 

how do you know any of this?  Also how do you know it requires a ton of effort for them to implement?

• Confused 3

Maybe you should ask Anet to implement hover skiffs so you can drive it everywere not needing water at all, it would ofcrouse naturaly go slower then a character can walk tho.

Coming in the next mini expansion, if you think turtle were anoying wait untill there are skiffs everywere blocking your field of view.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, Linken.6345 said:

Maybe you should ask Anet to implement hover skiffs so you can drive it everywere not needing water at all, it would ofcrouse naturaly go slower then a character can walk tho.

Coming in the next mini expansion, if you think turtle were anoying wait untill there are skiffs everywere blocking your field of view.

Ask, and you shall receive!

• Haha 7

On 2/24/2023 at 8:29 PM, Linken.6345 said:

Yes there sure are people like that, sadly your idea is neither complimentary to the enviroment or not disruptive to others.

oh really? so siege turtles which are the size of a 2 story house and can easily be viewed as non complimentary to the environment and disruptive to others already exist, and nobody complains about them, instead most people like them and display them or ride them around for fun but apparently its the displaying of skiffs that's the straw that breaks the camels back for sure.  I mean a skiff thats half the size of a siege turtle is just too much for us to see, and apparently me wanting to hang out in mine at the same location as said siege turtle/skyscale/cat bed/instrument playing people is just TOO MUCH. give me a break.

• Confused 6

10 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

oh really? so siege turtles which are the size of a 2 story house and can easily be viewed as non complimentary to the environment and disruptive to others already exist, and nobody complains about them, instead most people like them and display them or ride them around for fun but apparently its the displaying of skiffs that's the straw that breaks the camels back for sure.  I mean a skiff thats half the size of a siege turtle is just too much for us to see, and apparently me wanting to hang out in mine at the same location as said siege turtle/skyscale/cat bed/instrument playing people is just TOO MUCH. give me a break.

*clears throat* 

You were saying? 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Freya.9075 said:

*clears throat* 

You were saying? 

It doesn't matter, if anet agreed with you siege turtles wouldn't exist, and yet they do so obviously they arent listening to the 5 ppl on here who disagree with me.  also if the solution is to make them transparent when close then do that, i don't care, as long as i can hang out on my skiff it doesn't matter to me.

• Confused 3

1 minute ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

It doesn't matter, if anet agreed with you siege turtles wouldn't exist, and yet they do so obviously they arent listening to the 5 ppl on here who disagree with me.  also if the solution is to make them transparent when close then do that, i don't care, as long as i can hang out on my skiff it doesn't matter to me.

Ah, but I love my plush chOnky turtle. I merely refuted your comment about no complains about it. 

Anet disagrees with the 5 people disagreeing with you? So.. They will add your suggestion? Or perhaps Anet disagree with you and will not add your suggestion. My bet is on the latter. Time will tell.

Have fun with your skiff though, it is a fun activity. I enjoy driving it around as well. Be aware titanic!! The iceberg is coming 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Jumpin Lumpix.6108 said:

There are so many beautiful rivers and lakes in Tyria where you can sit in your skiff 24/7. The bank in LA is not the right place for a lake, it would just be annoying having water there. 

Edited by vares.8457
  • Like 5