Unable to mount Griffin in the air. [Merged]

Edited.  I can dismount using the 8 key, which has been bound to being able to dismount and fly temporarily.  Where is that bound?  As the first griffin mastery is mounting to prevent yourself from falling, I'm unable to proceed.  Tried a couple different key binds, then reverted to default and used X.   However, it does not work in the air-when I'm falling, I just fall.  I can see the X key being pressed on the screen.  This issue is the same for my Char character too, if it matters.  Also would note that the 1st ability doesn't appear to work from the air either.  It's defaulted to the number one.  It does work on the ground.

Edited by jezebel.8612
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

• jezebel.8612 changed the title to Unable to mount Griffin in the air.
45 minutes ago, jezebel.8612 said:

Can someone tell me what's with this?   I have used keybinds;  current keybind is X.  If I step off the cliff, I can see the key being pressed but nothing happens.  Latency doesn't appear to be the issue (since I can see it being pressed).  Tried a different keyboard, tried jumping from waaaay high up.  Somehow there's 2% on the mastery, but I can't move it up. and am not sure why that's there.  

You need to complete the first mastery track to be able to do so.
Just play on any map that gives PoF experience. I did Dragonfall twice and fully maxxed out the griffon masteries (all 3) with boosters.

4 minutes ago, jezebel.8612 said:

Actually I'm trying to get the first mastery done.  Am I missing something? You need to be able to mount the griffin while falling-that is soaring Rescue.

Are you thinking you need to mount the griffon while in the air to unlock/earn the mastery? You earn the mastery by making it your active mastery, filling its experience bar, and spending mastery points on it.

To the OP have you actually purchased the Soaring rescue Mastery? You need to select it in the Masteries, earn enough experience in a PoF zone and then purchase it with the requisite amount of Mastery points

The following page explains it, its not just a case of clicking and highlighting the relevant mastery.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

You earn mount masteries the same way as any others: by earning XP (from any source) within the relevant expansion maps, and collecting enough mastery points to unlock it once it's trained.

The description on the mastery is what it will allow you to do after it's trained, not what you have to do to unlock it.

to the OP, I've answered in your other post on the same subject, but to help you this page on the wiki explains how you unlock masteries.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mastery

In summary you select the mastery you want to work on. You fill the experience bar at the bottom of the screen (this exp is going towards unlocking the selected mastery and has to be obtained in the relevant maps - so if its a PoF mastery, you need to play and gain exp in PoF maps) and when it is full you are able to purchase the mastery with the relevant amount of mastery points.

Edited by Andy.5981

To be clear-this is my active mastery-it is selected.  This Mastery is "Soaring Rescue," where you must "Learn to mount the griffin Mid-Air to save yourself from falling."   I cannot gain the experience in this mastery unless I am able to mount the griffin in the air, e.g. while falling.  The problem is that I am unable to get the griffin to appear while in mid-air.  I just fall.

To be clear-this is my active mastery-it is selected.  This Mastery is "Soaring Rescue," where you must "Learn to mount the griffin Mid-Air to save yourself from falling."   I cannot gain the experience in this mastery unless I am able to mount the griffin in the air, e.g. while falling.  The problem is that I am unable to get the griffin to appear while in mid-air.  I just fall.

13 minutes ago, jezebel.8612 said:

No to learn that mastery you got to any path of fire or season 4 map, do anything that grant exp and wait for bar to fill.

When you done that and if you got enough path of fire mastery points you can train the ability and then be able to mount in mid air.

It was the same in heart of thorns you did not have to glide to gain exp for  glider basic either.