Ranger - At LEAST give us a shot when we're down

Fenris.8563

Guild War Gods forgive me.  I'm still learning the ways and I made the mistake of taking my pvp losses out on the forums.   Please delete and lets move on.  Ranger obviously has good utility to get back up and overreacted to some specific events that happened.

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/022/054/Luke_Crywalker.png

Edited by Fenris.8563
I overreacted
  • Haha 13
  • Confused 17

22 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

You do realize that unlike the other professions Ranger has access to the F1-F3 skills while in downstate right?

Yes and they are almost completely worthless the majority of the time.  Literally.   

If your pet has a knockdown you can use it once.  then they just start finishing you again and there is literally nothing else you can do lmao   

we can't teleport across the map,   get back up almost instantly, we don't have access to anything that does considerable damage, and our best ability to get us up has a 6.5 second /recast before we even use it.  It makes no sense.   By the time we can begin to use it, it's way too late.

• Haha 3
  • Confused 4

34 minutes ago, Fenris.8563 said:

Sounds like someone that doesn't play ranger tbh.   outside of having a pet (which... the AI is AWFUL while we are down...) we get access to a few commands.  typically 1-2 are useful but only once which isn't enough to get us up without plenty of help.  

When I see other classes in downstate they seem to get a LOT more than we do.  A lot more useful abilities anyway.

To be fair you sound like someone who has only played Ranger...

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8

53 minutes ago, Fenris.8563 said:

Yes and they are almost completely worthless the majority of the time.  Literally.   

If your pet has a knockdown you can use it once.  then they just start finishing you again and there is literally nothing else you can do lmao   

we can't teleport across the map,   get back up almost instantly, we don't have access to anything that does considerable damage, and our best ability to get us up has a 6.5 second /recast before we even use it.  It makes no sense.   By the time we can begin to use it, it's way too late.

You do realize that you can still swap pets, even as a Soulbeast, in downstate? That you have 3 CCs potentially available to you to buy time for Lick Wounds to come off CD?

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Fenris.8563 said:

Sounds like someone that doesn't play ranger tbh.   outside of having a pet (which... the AI is AWFUL while we are down...) we get access to a few commands.  typically 1-2 are useful but only once which isn't enough to get us up without plenty of help.  

When I see other classes in downstate they seem to get a LOT more than we do.  A lot more useful abilities anyway.

Dude, I am sorry to tell you this, but ranger has probably the most powerful downstate of any class. That you complain about it being weak is kinda ridiculous and is the reason you get these reactions here.

You also complain that lick wounds is on a cooldown before you can use it... you do realise that skill 3 in downstate is on cooldown at the beginning of it for everyone, right?

Ranger can command their pet in downstate, while almost any other class has no access to their class mechanic at all. The only other class which can do that is mechanist, because it copies the ranger's pet mechanic. That control over your pet allows you to chain 3 interrupts directly after each other to stop enemies from stomping you. Other classes have 1 skill to interrupt a stomp.

Furthermore, the existence of lick wounds means that you HAVE to stomp a ranger asap. Otherwise the risk of them getting up is pretty high, because lick wounds is such a strong revival skill for themselves. Other classes you can leave on the ground, attacking them every once in a while to prevent the bandage self channel. You can't do that with ranger, if you let them lie on the ground for too long, then they will stand up again.

Please, play other classes and experience how helpless you feel in their downstate.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 12

5 minutes ago, Shao.7236 said:

One time I ended up downing both pets after like 6 cc's and none of that mattered because they still used lick wounds after both pets were down and those can't be interrupted.

If your plan is to kill the pets/cleave the ranger instead of (safe) stomping then you should wait until the ranger uses lick wounds, before killing the pet. Then the rez goes on 20s cd which should be more than enough time to finish the ranger off. Doing it the other way arround is a waste of time, because using lick wounds revives dead pets.

(Also pets can be interrupted while ressing, but they will resume once the cc ends - just like players can do)

1 hour ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

If your plan is to kill the pets/cleave the ranger instead of (safe) stomping then you should wait until the ranger uses lick wounds, before killing the pet. Then the rez goes on 20s cd which should be more than enough time to finish the ranger off. Doing it the other way arround is a waste of time, because using lick wounds revives dead pets.

(Also pets can be interrupted while ressing, but they will resume once the cc ends - just like players can do)

The problem is that a pet resurrected by lick wounds has some 3s invulnerability, and that's a real LOLWUT moment

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, UmbraNoctis.1907 said:

The idea of dead pets reviving is just the highlight of bad mechanics management.

This was in FFA, not that it mattered to me much but the chance of it happening is silly in a bad way.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Pimsley.3681 said:

The fact that people question if the post is troll or not is absolutely brilliant

us ranger players arent very bright
EDIT
as a ranger player, ranger downstate is hilarious. this is the only class that I dont feel bad for going down, because I know i can grief enemies for 10s longer. Heck some builds cant even finish you off 1v1 due to no safe stomps and like 4 hard CC you have in downstate XD.
And while it is kind of funny to do, im honestly surprised its still has not been nerfed to the ground.

Edited by Leonidrex.5649
  • Thanks 3

I agree Ranger downstate is the worst downstate in the game. 3 ccs and pet rez is NOT ENOUGH😡. Your opponent can just use stability and stomp you. How is that fair? Just look at warrior, they get to rez themselves. Or revenant, they can launch you into oblivion. I think you should get both your pets when you go down. Its only fair since you cannot use your weapon skills anymore. Why do other classes get STRONGER when they go down? Ranger has to wait a full 6.5 SECONDS before we can even get back up. AND we lose the pet attacks while the pet is rezzing🤔. Other classes can teleport across the map, go invisible for years, or rez themselves instantly. Its insane. Even necro can rez themselves from AUTO ATTACKING. I think lick wounds should replace bandage, that way we can start rezzing immediately to at least have a chance to get up. Then Ranger should get a damage/cc as skill 3. That would put us on par with engi downstate, I mean 2 CC's REALLY. I just want a little balancing.  Just a little bit.  🤡

• Haha 1