Come on and buff the Mobile Siege Weapons like Golems in WvW

Knighthonor.4061

They never been adjusted for the new powercreep of Elite Specs pot HoT. They melt like butter compared to the vanilla golems. 

After seeing that trailer for Throne and Liberty, I want to see epic Siege Golem play like that.

Please, can we get cool mobile sieges in WvW?

Can we please finally get a buff to Siege Golems to make them less vulnerable to new DPS levels in the game?

• Confused 12

I disagree completely. Please don’t do this Anet. In fact, I would go in the opposite direction and nerf golems or preferably remove them from WvW entirely. I never thought they should have been included. They have always been too strong. And they benefit the stronger/more populous team too much. 

Edited by Johje Holan.4607
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Fact check:
Alpha siege golem has 110K health and 2K toughness. Omega siege golem has 240K health and 2K toughness.

Arenanet also removed the limitation of boons not affecting golems, plus you could always superspeed them.

In addition to that , the Feb 2020 patch cut damage across the board by roughly 40%.

Edited by Infusion.7149

19 hours ago, Infusion.7149 said:

Fact check:
Alpha siege golem has 110K health and 2K toughness. Omega siege golem has 240K health and 2K toughness.

Arenanet also removed the limitation of boons not affecting golems, plus you could always superspeed them.

In addition to that , the Feb 2020 patch cut damage across the board by roughly 40%.

Jalis can help reduce damage taken into the golem as well, besides it works structures and siege.

Edited by Aeolus.3615

16 minutes ago, MarzAttakz.9608 said:

Wait... what!? Jalis ultimate or the rest too?

there are players that have seen me doing this quite some times and if they are here they can confirm.

F2 from herald while in jalis and jalis elite, i have made players that hide behind trebs very confused while they are trebing from smc.

Alot of players actually belive it's a visual bug, yeah right :)

Edited by Aeolus.3615

12 minutes ago, Aeolus.3615 said:

there are players that have seen me doing this quite some times and if they are here they can confirm.

F2 from herald while in jalis and jalis elite, i have made players that hide behind trebs very confused while they are trebing from smc.

Alot of players actually belive it's a visual bug, yeah right 🙂

Best thing I've learnt all day and more motivation to dust off my Herald. Thanks!

Golems are very strong. In fact actually they are always optimal to use over rams.

Even in combat you can use couple of omega golems as damage sponges midfight, a strategy I have succesfully implemented a few times when my group was weaker and I needed to extend the fight until my superior strategies could edge out the victory over 1-pushing yolo bandvagoning servers.

I would even go as far to make golems unable to be affected by boons again, since permaquickness and protection golems can destroy any gate before going low. And guild golems should cost 80 supply, not 50.

Edited by Riba.3271
  • Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 9:22 PM, Riba.3271 said:

Golems are very strong. In fact actually they are always optimal to use over rams.

Even in combat you can use couple of omega golems as damage sponges midfight, a strategy I have succesfully implemented a few times when my group was weaker and I needed to extend the fight until my superior strategies could edge out the victory over 1-pushing yolo bandvagoning servers.

I would even go as far to make golems unable to be affected by boons again, since permaquickness and protection golems can destroy any gate before going low. And guild golems should cost 80 supply, not 50.

even by denying boons on golems superspeed and damage reducers from jalis would take effect  :)

Its a snowball  balance issue that Anet made themselves by enfocing so much boon spam and ZERO boon management from players needed since  boons gets basicly infinite pooped from left and right, its a game for spammers and swipers lol...

go figure why this game 12 years after release has not seen a sane balance check up, it is ment to carry players reason why they might want golems with the perma boons???

Gw2 main rule, ain't good till broken carry happens!

Edited by Aeolus.3615

On 2/26/2023 at 6:27 PM, Xenesis.6389 said:

Meh golems are fine the way they are,. although I would like to see omegas be bigger in size..

I can agree with that. With all the visual noise, making them look a bit more different would be great.

Edited by Gorani.7205