I feel like we need more variety in warclaw skins

StimkeeGoblin.1598

I know it's just a cosmetic thing, but I think there should be just as much variation when it comes to warclaws as there is with everything else. I would especially love to see a chunky domesticated cat version. This game has quite a thing for cats it seems, as do I, and I think maybe more people aside from myself would love the option!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 2

7 hours ago, stormemperor.3745 said:

Yes but no, people going to aim at you for having different warclaw in wvw. Breaking the balance of group. If you can pay for warclaw skin it means you are weak.

Who says it has to be paid for? Why can not more be added that are associated to reward tracks and/or achievements in game? 

19 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

Off topic a bit but this is more for ANet. Its ok to add more skins to the store for income, but don't miss the opportunity to add more that can also be collected via in game achievements and reward tracks. Carrots, sticks and Gems are a thing after all. 

I mean you can always use the gold to gem conversion. Gold is pretty easy to earn if you don't want to use money.

3 hours ago, asterix.9614 said:

I mean you can always use the gold to gem conversion. Gold is pretty easy to earn if you don't want to use money.

When I like the direction they are going I support via gem store and purchases. That said I think they miss the opportunity at times to have skins from the gem store (cash or gold conversion), rewards for activities, and achievements all at the same time. Its a good model that has worked in other games and I think it could fit well here as well.

• Like 1

I'd like to take this opportunity to add that making the White Tiger skin a Jackal skin was a 10/10 decision from Anet, truly beyond human comprehension

I get there's the whole argument of not making mounts too diverse and spicy for "silhouetting," but also, what other mount are people going to be riding in WvW?

On 2/28/2023 at 7:27 AM, Infusion.7149 said:

Pretty sure the skins all need to use the same basic skeleton

This...

You will always have "cat like" basic skeleton that dictates the movement. Right now there is a big emphasis on the "horned" model. The "tiger" variant is much less prominent as is the "muscular, short haired" variant. Designs should expand on those.

54 minutes ago, Gorani.7205 said:

This...

You will always have "cat like" basic skeleton that dictates the movement. Right now there is a big emphasis on the "horned" model. The "tiger" variant is much less prominent as is the "muscular, short haired" variant. Designs should expand on those.

The Jackal gets some varied models, that stray from the skeleton of the jackal.

I imagine they could do so for the Warclaw, but I'm guessing ti won't happen since the Warclaw is likely the least used mount (aside from turtle) in the game.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, idpersona.3810 said:

The Jackal gets some varied models, that stray from the skeleton of the jackal.

I imagine they could do so for the Warclaw, but I'm guessing ti won't happen since the Warclaw is likely the least used mount (aside from turtle) in the game.

+1 from me even as I lol. Don't discount us slacker WvW players that don't change our stuff when we PvX while not in WvW. I admit I leave my WvW gears/stats and mounts in place if I head to PvE land. I admit, its not a good idea and less efficient, but I am stubborn and old so whatever :). So yes some of us, against better judgements, will use Warclaws outside of WvW. Mind you, I don't advise this. My village misses me quite a bit at times, but it does happen.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, TheGrimm.5624 said:

+1 from me even as I lol. Don't discount us slacker WvW players that don't change our stuff when we PvX while not in WvW. I admit I leave my WvW gears/stats and mounts in place if I head to PvE land. I admit, its not a good idea and less efficient, but I am stubborn and old so whatever :). So yes some of us, against better judgements, will use Warclaws outside of WvW. Mind you, I don't advise this. My village misses me quite a bit at times, but it does happen.

I wonder how hard it would be for them to bump the warclaw speed/jump up to whatever you've gotten unlocked on the raptor (in OW). Since the raptor is now a basic mount in game (earned at level 10), I think it would be nice to be able to use the Warclaw in OW in a similar way.

• Like 1