Bladesworn | I don't get it (Need buffs?)

August.5934

Bladesworn's saber need damage buff in PVE & PVP | Dragon Slash needs damage buff in PVP only.  

73 members have voted

1. 1. Bladesworn's saber need damage buff in PVE & PVP | Dragon Slash needs damage buff in PVP only.

• Sure
    • Nope
    • Just damage buff saber skills in PVE
    • Just damage buff Dragon Slash in PVP

bladesworn is a big joke in any pvp/wvw mode right now

it's damage build up is slower then spellbreaker, yet it does no have the sustain for it

and it can not build for quick bursts like berserker, while sacrificing sustain, by using signet of fury for instant adrenaline refill etc.

even spellbreaker can build for quick big burst, just lot less functional

bladesworn simply can not build for that because how the mechanics work

the entire class is so fixed and has no flexibility in terms of build craft.

while still sucks with the only build that it can create.

and the entire efficiency of dragon slash is based on having might and unblockable and ignoring blind from unyielding dragon, or else it's completely not worth using

Edited by Lighter.5631
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

Personally its just feels so one-dimensional, furthermore it's a spec that's soft-locked out of any synergy for condi builds. So if you wanna do any meaningful ticks on something like a sinister's longbow build, forgetaboutit. Even spellbreaker had some synergy back when when merciless hammer applied confusion. 

The other issue that loops back to the one-dimensional problem is that it's the only class in the game that practically forces you to treat your equipped weapons as a backup kit. Even with the pistol. Most of the e-spec utilities are a joke besides the elite and the reflective walls. 

Bladesworn overall is an example of sounding awesome on paper but lackluster in execution. 

Edited by cyberzombie.7348
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 3/2/2023 at 7:40 AM, Dr Meta.3158 said:

So in that case I would suggest getting into contact with Vaans, peanut, butterpeanut, or Tycura.

whoa this again.

do these guys even know you're dragging their names around here like this? 😶

got some people throwing names of more renowned players and content creators out here too in the past.

you're "refering" us to them? man that's weak af.

never seen them speak outright about it only see people like you putting words into heir mouths. i'm sure they have differing opinions, some of them are on a whole different world of skill.

but, if you think people here are afraid to get it on with the best players in the game you are in for a rude awakening, you don't even know how good or bad these dudes you're talking down to are. you might be really surprised.

and regardless, though i can't vouch for all of them, and we all have different opinions, but some of them really are hardcore warrior mains, who play warrior day in and day out for a decade or almost.

we here are not some random cubs who pick up the class as flavor of the month and play what? exclusively spellbreaker? when its strong? *shrugs we real warrior mains play warrior when its bad, when its weak, all year round every year for all these years.

do you even fit in that category? what puts your opinions above theirs, that you come out here telling people to defer to the works of others like the people you mentioned.

if you have anything to show, just show us. 💪

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

On 3/24/2023 at 7:45 PM, eXruina.4956 said:

whoa this again.

do these guys even know you're dragging their names around here like this? 😶

got some people throwing names of more renowned players and content creators out here too in the past.

you're "refering" us to them? man that's weak af.

never seen them speak outright about it only see people like you putting words into heir mouths. i'm sure they have differing opinions, some of them are on a whole different world of skill.

but, if you think people here are afraid to get it on with the best players in the game you are in for a rude awakening, you don't even know how good or bad these dudes you're talking down to are. you might be really surprised.

and regardless, though i can't vouch for all of them, and we all have different opinions, but some of them really are hardcore warrior mains, who play warrior day in and day out for a decade or almost.

we here are not some random cubs who pick up the class as flavor of the month and play what? exclusively spellbreaker? when its strong? *shrugs we real warrior mains play warrior when its bad, when its weak, all year round every year for all these years.

do you even fit in that category? what puts your opinions above theirs, that you come out here telling people to defer to the works of others like the people you mentioned.

if you have anything to show, just show us. 💪

With the exception of Vaans, I play with these guys (less nowadays since COVID ended). They're good people and good players. It is best to learn from someone who knows how when you don't. If you don't want to, that's fine. It makes no difference to me. That won't stop me from illuminating options to people who want to improve rather than complain about their situation. If that bothers you, oh well!

• Like 1
  • Confused 3

5 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

With the exception of Vaans, I play with these guys (less nowadays since COVID ended). They're good people and good players. It is best to learn from someone who knows how when you don't. If you don't want to, that's fine. It makes no difference to me. That won't stop me from illuminating options to people who want to improve rather than complain about their situation. If that bothers you, oh well!

well thats great, add me up in-game, and set me up, introduce me to them. i'd love to have in depth warrior discussions with them and have a look see of their perspectives. 🙂

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

2 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Tycura and Peanut are on the forums mate, you can always send them a DM.

guy claims he knows em, and agreed to introduce me, i don't know these people, so its awkward to approach em, i don't even have business with them really, but getting pov from supposedly noteworthy warrior players, and being able to talk to them is always a treat.

if his claims are worth anything, this shouldn't be a problem for him to back up.

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, eXruina.4956 said:

guy claims he knows em, and agreed to introduce me, i don't know these people, so its awkward to approach em, i don't even have business with them really, but getting pov from supposedly noteworthy warrior players, and being able to talk to them is always a treat.

if his claims are worth anything, this shouldn't be a problem for him to back up.

If you want something you can always reach out to me. You aren't a priority to me. You need them for lessons, not me.

9 hours ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Tycura and Peanut are on the forums mate, you can always send them a DM.

He was being sarcastic.

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

If you want something you can always reach out to me.

i don't "want something" or anything from you, you have absolutely nothing to offer me, in-game or irl. o~O

16 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

You aren't a priority to me.

neither are you to me, i wasn't the guy making claims out here. you were.

22 hours ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

Sure thing.

^ to quote you.

17 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

You need them for lessons, not me.

i don't "need" them for lessons. i don't "need" them for anything. i've played this game for almost a decade not knowing who they are and still don't. i don't know or care how good they are. they have contributed nothing to my Guild Wars 2 life, so they are irrelevant to my Guild Wars 2 life. as i am to theirs.

21 minutes ago, Dr Meta.3158 said:

He was being sarcastic.

couldn't tell. he sprays me with a water bottle, i hate him. 💦

• Confused 2
  • Sad 2

26 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

i don't "want something" or anything from you, you have absolutely nothing to offer me, in-game or irl. o~O

neither are you to me, i wasn't the guy making claims out here. you were.

^ to quote you.

i don't "need" them for lessons. i don't "need" them for anything. i've played this game for almost a decade not knowing who they are and still don't. i don't know or care how good they are. they have contributed nothing to my Guild Wars 2 life, so they are irrelevant to my Guild Wars 2 life. as i am to theirs.

couldn't tell. he sprays me with a water bottle, i hate him. 💦

💦 

j/k

But seriously it would not be the first time anyone has randomly reached out to another forum user via direct message. Nobody needs someone who claims to know the person to act as an intermediary, especially if that person is name dropping constantly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

💦

j/k

But seriously it would not be the first time anyone has randomly reached out to another forum user via direct message. Nobody needs someone who claims to know the person to act as an intermediary, especially if that person is name dropping constantly.

you have no idea how hard it is to dry my fur every kitten time you do that lan. 💢 💦

wet charr does not smell good. *shakes head. 😑

i see, i don't completely get it, but i've said my peace.

its not the name dropping thats the problem, its the purpose.

example be like nonsense this guy suddenly spouting at me. "want something", "need them".

what? o~O

i would've actually been very excited to actually meet and talk to notable people. but now, even if he was legit, he just dragging their names in the mud.

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, eXruina.4956 said:

you have no idea how hard it is to dry my fur every kitten time you do that lan. 💢 💦

wet charr does not smell good. *shakes head. 😑

i see, i don't completely get it, but i've said my peace.

its not the name dropping thats the problem, its the purpose.

example be like nonsense this guy suddenly spouting at me. "want something", "need them".

what? o~O

i would've actually been very excited to actually meet and talk to notable people. but now, even if he was legit, he just dragging their names in the mud.

Well, Tycura hasn't been to the forums since Feb. so DMing him here might just go into the void.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Lan Deathrider.5910 said:

Well, Tycura hasn't been to the forums since Feb. so DMing him here might just go into the void.

We all Know that I am the king of the old school warriors and I shall open lessons every day at dawn here watch my videos on how to become a beast🤣😂😉 I still find it funny how others quickly point out YouTubers and streamers but one can only know another's warriors skills by testing their metal against them themselves. I may be a tank warrior that doesn't often use a greatsword but that doesn't mean that best of the best way is the mighty mace of smackaroonies.Titles mean nothing if those that hold them can't carry the weight they bear.  And most builds that are shared by most YouTubers eventually get the nerf Hammer so the lesser known builds that are not on the radar as much may prove to be more better then the S tier shiny nickel that is copied by the thousands. For those thousands to later find out there was melting chocolate inside  the entire time😂.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

We all Know that I am the king of the old school warriors and I shall open lessons every day at dawn here watch my videos on how to become a beast🤣😂😉 I still find it funny how others quickly point out YouTubers and streamers but one can only know another's warriors skills by testing their metal against them themselves. I may be a tank warrior that doesn't often use a greatsword but that doesn't mean that best of the best way is the mighty mace of smackaroonies.Titles mean nothing if those that hold them can't carry the weight they bear.  And most builds that are shared by most YouTubers eventually get the nerf Hammer so the lesser known builds that are not on the radar as much may prove to be more better then the S tier shiny nickel that is copied by the thousands. For those thousands to later find out there was melting chocolate inside  the entire time😂.

You definitely have some great gameplay in your vids.

It is refreshing to see other builds too. I really think people are sleeping on Sentinel and Soldier warrior in WvW.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, prototypedragon.1406 said:

We all Know that I am the king of the old school warriors

i kneel in reverence to your technique, to the few remaining manual mouse clicking, old ones. 💪

i think very few can appreciate and understand the difficulty behind it. 🙂

• Confused 4

On 2/27/2023 at 6:58 PM, August.5934 said:

Hello guys, Hello Anet;

I am playing bladesworn for a long time now (2 weeks in PVP).

my stats(PVP):

• Power:2200 (with 25 stacks might: 3200)
  • Critrate: 61% (with fury: 86%)
  • Crit Damage: 239% (with buff: 255%)

I really love bladesworn in PVE and it's doing very fine from my pov (as long as i don't miss Dragon slash), but in PVP... I don't see my damage and i feel like i am not hitting anything. My dragon slash does 6.2k crit at average after charging for a long 3sec? Isn't that abit too low? because on other classses i get those numbers with just one normal skill, eg: on sstaff daredevil thief, i can litrally spam 6k crit damage on a row while escaping fight if i see danger. On beserker, i can spam 8k crit damage everytime my besserk mode is up!, on guardian (-_-! well u know guardian guys).

Saber skills, my saber skills PVP dmg seems heavily lacking. My range damage does 2k crit on average (melee: 2.5k) and other saber skills damage also feels very lacking while highest been 4.7k from Artillery Slash. This dmg is only possible if i have 3 stacks of it, while each stack taking 15sec to recharge in PVE & 20sec on PVP. so the skill basically has 60sec CD?

Fact be told, i don't always have 3sec time to recharge on mid PVP cause everyone knows what's comming and 3sec is enough time to evade or go out of range or just... evade. 

Now i find one thing more wired, for 3sec i can't move nor protect my self properly and the one skill that actually makes me move has 60sec CD per stack (2stack) and if i don't maintain stability i get CC'ed and all the damage is lost and now i have to wait 5sec for CD to come out while trying to build flow wich takers another 10 - 15sec.

After i miss my dragon slash in PVP, i am basically on my saber skill which does very low damage (in PVE too), so i can't put any pressure nor do anything but to kite and trying to survive.

and healing of Bladesworn is just too low cause that healing skill has 25sec CD and heals for 3.2k at start then 3.2k after 5sec (2stacks, each takes 0.7sec to cast).

btw this all dmg is with those stats.

[Image]

[url=https://postimg.cc/3y8fDxv1][img]https://i.postimg.cc/3y8fDxv1/image.png[/img][/url]

Yes, blade needs a pvp buff for sure, also reworks that would help it out.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 3:58 AM, August.5934 said:

Hello guys, Hello Anet;

I am playing bladesworn for a long time now (2 weeks in PVP).

my stats(PVP):

• Power:2200 (with 25 stacks might: 3200)
  • Critrate: 61% (with fury: 86%)
  • Crit Damage: 239% (with buff: 255%)

I really love bladesworn in PVE and it's doing very fine from my pov (as long as i don't miss Dragon slash), but in PVP... I don't see my damage and i feel like i am not hitting anything. My dragon slash does 6.2k crit at average after charging for a long 3sec? Isn't that abit too low? because on other classses i get those numbers with just one normal skill, eg: on sstaff daredevil thief, i can litrally spam 6k crit damage on a row while escaping fight if i see danger. On beserker, i can spam 8k crit damage everytime my besserk mode is up!, on guardian (-_-! well u know guardian guys).

Saber skills, my saber skills PVP dmg seems heavily lacking. My range damage does 2k crit on average (melee: 2.5k) and other saber skills damage also feels very lacking while highest been 4.7k from Artillery Slash. This dmg is only possible if i have 3 stacks of it, while each stack taking 15sec to recharge in PVE & 20sec on PVP. so the skill basically has 60sec CD?

Fact be told, i don't always have 3sec time to recharge on mid PVP cause everyone knows what's comming and 3sec is enough time to evade or go out of range or just... evade. 

Now i find one thing more wired, for 3sec i can't move nor protect my self properly and the one skill that actually makes me move has 60sec CD per stack (2stack) and if i don't maintain stability i get CC'ed and all the damage is lost and now i have to wait 5sec for CD to come out while trying to build flow wich takers another 10 - 15sec.

After i miss my dragon slash in PVP, i am basically on my saber skill which does very low damage (in PVE too), so i can't put any pressure nor do anything but to kite and trying to survive.

and healing of Bladesworn is just too low cause that healing skill has 25sec CD and heals for 3.2k at start then 3.2k after 5sec (2stacks, each takes 0.7sec to cast).

btw this all dmg is with those stats.

[Image]

[url=https://postimg.cc/3y8fDxv1][img]https://i.postimg.cc/3y8fDxv1/image.png[/img][/url]

You forgot some necro corrupting your stab , causing fear during dt.

• Haha 2

@Dr Meta.3158  sorry if i came about heated, i actually find many of your arguments in the thread sound, its just how the whole conversation went.

im in the firm belief that all opinions matter. and that people think for themselves.

and that just because people are more skilled, or more achieved, or more famous, does not make them an authority over others, people who know and believe in their works will defer to their achievements naturally with admiration and respect.

such things are not imposed, demanded or defaulted to.

cheers mate. 💪

Edited by eXruina.4956
  • Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/28/2023 at 8:53 AM, eXruina.4956 said:

@Dr Meta.3158  sorry if i came about heated, i actually find many of your arguments in the thread sound, its just how the whole conversation went.

That's fine, but the overall point is that warrior is not a terrible as people on the forums make them out to be. Granted warrior is clearly difficult to play as most warrior players don't play warrior well in the slightest, but that's honestly where all classes should be. There really shouldn't be builds that can be played mindlessly to an effective level. Its why most people in pve hate mechansit even though its not even the best build in pve. Being hostile about it doesn't change any of that. If anything the discourse here just discourages people from playing warrior akin to the few warrior players that encourage and teach others how to effectively play it. There's a guy, galdarion, that's one of the few good warrior players left that currently teaches people how to play in general in dueling servers. That's a something respectable to emulate.

im in the firm belief that all opinions matter.

I don't think that's true for any human.

and that people think for themselves.

Sometimes.

and that just because people are more skilled, or more achieved, or more famous, does not make them an authority over others, people who know and believe in their works will defer to their achievements naturally with admiration and respect.\

such things are not imposed, demanded or defaulted to.

I don't understand how anyone that has sat through any education system comes out with that idea. Humans have naturally arranged themselves under the guidance and authority of the most competent forever. It is the basis of how sexual selection in regards to men even works. I don't particularly understand how you got to that conclusion unless you're being sarcastic.

cheers mate. 💪

The best cheers you can give is to be encouraging rather than being discouraging to the warrior community. Creating a toxic echo chamber of people creating a positive feedback loop of despair within that echo chamber isn't the way to do it.

As I interact with more people within the this game I do have an understanding that some of the people do actively enjoy being wells of negativity but in the case that you happen to care of aspiring to goodness itself. Stop that.

• Like 3