Gen3 variants are way too expensive

KingJoko.1625

What happened to the promise of making them cheap before EOD  release? They are incredibly expensive and time consuming to get. And anet keeps nerfing the materials to push the prices higher and higher. Not to mention that obnoxious collection you have to make for every single weapon. Like seriously, the 6 variants together cost the same as 2-3 full legendary weapons. FOR A RESKIN. 

So anet was lazy to properly make a gen3 set with unique weapons, fine. Then they promise to make the variants  cheap, which would've been fair. But they are way too overpriced.

Anyone else think this is an issue?

• Like 19
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 21
  • Sad 2

2 minutes ago, KingJoko.1625 said:

What happened to the promise of making them cheap before EOD  release? They are incredibly expensive and time consuming to get. And anet keeps nerfing the materials to push the prices higher and higher. Not to mention that obnoxious collection you have to make for every single weapon. Like seriously, the 6 variants together cost the same as 2-3 full legendary weapons. FOR A RESKIN. 

So anet was lazy to properly make a gen3 set with unique weapons, fine. Then they promise to make the variants  cheap, which would've been fair. But they are way too overpriced.

Anyone else think this is an issue?

Yes. They’re basically black lion sets with extra particle effects. I think they should have made them cheaper and more accessible than any of the previous legendaries.

• Like 15
  • Confused 11

2 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I defended the concept before launch. I regret it.

I still haven't claimed my "free" one from the Return to LW.

The concept would be fine if it wasn't this annoying and expensive imo. In the current state its just garbage, especially since the basic gen3 weapon looks kinda lame...

• Like 9
  • Confused 9
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Bast.7253 said:

I think they should have made them cheaper and more accessible than any of the previous legendaries.

How cheap or expensive they are depend on your patience. (e.g. 100 Antique Summoning Stone you can buy fast for 550 in the HP or over 20 weeks for 20g from the NPC) and they need a third clover than gen1.

• Thanks 2

Nah, I think the price for more legendary skins, along with their particles is fine. And like Linken, I'm also not sure they said they will be cheap, what I remember is that the variants won't cost what the leggies cost. The idea some people apparently have, which is that they somehow deserve 6 more cheap legendary skins just because they crafted one legendary seems completely unreasonable.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 8
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

22 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

How cheap or expensive they are depend on your patience. (e.g. 100 Antique Summoning Stone you can buy fast for 550 in the HP or over 20 weeks for 20g from the NPC) and they need a third clover than gen1.

I'm talking about the variants, not the base weapon

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Dayra.7405 said:

No doubt the Aurene leggie is cheap. It's the variant skins that are crazy. It's not like you get more leggies, it's just a reskin. Like, the equivalent of 1-3 black lion claim tickets.

• Like 7
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

21 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nah, I think the price for more legendary skins, along with their particles is fine. And like Linken, I'm also not sure they said they will be cheap, what I remember is that the variants won't cost what the leggies cost. The idea some people apparently have, which is that they somehow deserve 6 more cheap legendary skins just because they crafted one legendary seems completely unreasonable.

These are not legendary skins, they are reskins of 1 weapon, basically a BLC set... (which costs 200-300 for the entire set)

• Like 10
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, KingJoko.1625 said:

These are not legendary skins, they are reskins of 1 weapon, basically a BLC set... (which costs 200-300 for the entire set)

Nope, these are pretty clearly legendary skins with their own particles. If it's "basically a BLC set..." (but more expensive or somethimg, I guess?) then get BLC skins instead, not sure how this is an issue for you IF that's really what you think of them.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 8

3 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

Nope, these are pretty clearly legendary skins with their own particles. If it's "basically a BLC set..." (but more expensive or somethimg, I guess?) then get BLC skins instead, not sure how this is an issue for you IF that's really what you think of them.

Players like you is why anet gets away with the blatant lies and false advertisement they do. Like how the raid lege armor which was a selling point of HOT got released 2 years later, or the gen2 lege weapons etc.

• Like 9
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 11

Just now, KingJoko.1625 said:

Players like you is why anet gets away with the blatant lies and false advertisement they do. Like how the raid lege armor which was a selling point of HOT got released 2 years later, or the gen2 lege weapons etc.

What lies and false advertisement are you talking about? And how am I causing it?

Anyways, stop defaulting into creating nonsensical strawman attempts because you didn't hear what you wanted to hear and instead respond to what you've quoted.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 10

Just now, Sobx.1758 said:

What lies and false advertisement are you talking about? And how am I causing it?

Anyways, stop defaulting into creating nonsensical strawman attempts because you didn't hear what you wanted to hear and instead respond to what you've quoted.

Can't you read? My post is one, and I mentioned 2 others in the comment you are quoting.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 8

Just now, KingJoko.1625 said:

Can't you read? My post is one, and I mentioned 2 others in the comment you are quoting.

But what any of that has to do with what I said? How am I the cause of what happened 7 years ago? Again:

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

But what any of that has to do with what I said? How am I the cause of what happened 7 years ago? Again:

Didn't think I have to spell 1+1 out, but here it is: Because players like you keep defending anet even after the lies, so why would they not keep doing it?

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 8

1 minute ago, KingJoko.1625 said:

Didn't think I have to spell 1+1 out, but here it is: Because players like you keep defending anet even after the lies, so why would they not keep doing it?

Cool. Meanwhile still:

And surprisingly enough your attempt to play some blamegame here didn't change a thing about what I said.

• Like 6
  • Confused 9

A legendary you can use on a slot with weapons. These are literally just skins. Yeah they did say you won't have to recraft the legendaries again but you'll get additional skins by unlocking facets of them.
Idk why you're trying to justify what was clearly false advertisement. They said you won't have to pay the cost of a legendary for each weapon and now it's 2 additional ones for each.

You are literally working against your own interest if you are trying to push the prices up unless you somehow profit of them being overpriced so I have no clue why you're defending anet on this one.

And yeah it does matter. I've been playing this game for long enough to know they already tried to avoid to deliver the HoT legendaries that they've promised but there are people who bought this expansion with the idea in mind that they won't have to pay multiple legendaries worth to get one

• Like 7
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 5

25 minutes ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

A legendary you can use on a slot with weapons. These are literally just skins. Yeah they did say you won't have to recraft the legendaries again but you'll get additional skins by unlocking facets of them.
Idk why you're trying to justify what was clearly false advertisement. They said you won't have to pay the cost of a legendary for each weapon and now it's 2 additional ones for each.

You are literally working against your own interest if you are trying to push the prices up unless you somehow profit of them being overpriced so I have no clue why you're defending anet on this one.

And yeah it does matter. I've been playing this game for long enough to know they already tried to avoid to deliver the HoT legendaries that they've promised but there are people who bought this expansion with the idea in mind that they won't have to pay multiple legendaries worth to get one

I don't know who you're explaining what legendaries are, but if it's somehow directed at me, from the start I keep writing "legendary skins", so it doesn't seem like I need the difference explained here. They said you won't need to re-craft legendaries and you don't. What's false about that? 

I'm not working against my own interest and in no way I'm somehow "pushing the prices up"(??), perhaps first focus on understanding that mmos need longer term goals and right now you're literally complaining about skins acquirable through gameplay. It's even more ridiculous to me when someone claims these are "just blc skins!", but somehow they don't go buy "just blc" skins instead, but press for lowering the price of the "just blc skins" they apparently want... more than other blc skins. 🤔  Explain the logic/problem here please.

You just suddenly want to get 7 leggy skins for -more or less- the price of one legendary weapon, which is simply ridiculous. Go grab a full set of BLC weapons if it's all the same to you or stop misrepresenting reality in an effort to leverage the price of a thing you actually want.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 7
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

Even worst now that the Jade Runestone price just increased by like 120% due to the nerf just now so it's pretty ouch. I have 5 weapons to upgrade to Soo Won but think I'm only going to upgrade 2-3 of them now and dunno if I'll make anymore weapons. The default Aurene skin is a big eyesore so not worth having without a variant.

When they first released these I also wasted gold on a Zhaitan variant for Sword because I thought it'd be an account wide unlock for all future weapons. After finding out it was per weapon I'd of skipped it till at least Jormag release if I knew sooner. :x

Edited by Doggie.3184
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

5 minutes ago, Hellissane.3041 said:

Another ninja update that makes jumping puzzle chests once per account per day. It was once per character per day. Its not even in the patch notes.

That's why I was asking. I didn't see anything in the notes about it. Guess I'll have to move some parked characters then.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1