Gen3 variants are way too expensive

KingJoko.1625

7 hours ago, Gorem.8104 said:

Better to unlock all the weapons for your account then to go for a single variant. 

Then do that, how is this somehow supposed to be a problem? Plenty of people clearly disagree with you and they craft additional legendary skins.

• Like 5
  • Confused 2

3 hours ago, rune.9572 said:

Remember guys! 

"You’ll only need to forge each weapon once, then you’ll go on a journey with it to attune it to the magic of the other Elder Dragons."

Journey in question XD

It's just sad how everything about Guild Wars 2 nowadays revolves around swiping your credit card.

Hey, technically you don't HAVE to spend anything. You too could be someone with 16k hours played and hasn't spent a single $ on anything buy the game and expansions.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 2

21 minutes ago, DexterousGecko.6328 said:

Hey, technically you don't HAVE to spend anything. You too could be someone with 16k hours played and hasn't spent a single $ on anything buy the game and expansions.

Additional long term goals for long term players in the form of skins are so gamebreaking, lets cry about it together until they only cater to people playing mmorpgs for 2 weeks before they move to another, always saying "that new one will kill the old one" 🤪 

It's a skin, if you feel so pressed to pay gems for it then you might be having a problem here.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 6
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

On 3/2/2023 at 11:56 PM, Ashen.2907 said:

No, thats an opinion. If people are willing to pay a given price, and they are doing so for these variants, then they are not, by definition of the term, overpriced. 

Things aren't overpriced because people buy them anyway? Do you even know what you're saying? x)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 6

13 minutes ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

Things aren't overpriced because people buy them anyway? Do you even know what you're saying? x)

On the other hand things are overpriced because... you/someone said so? 🤔  Doesn't look overpriced for a legendary skin at all.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

On the other hand things are overpriced because... you/someone said so? 🤔  Doesn't look overpriced for a legendary skin at all.

Because they cost over 3 times more than the other gens per legendary and a total of 9600 Spirit Shards and 33.6 Million Karma with currently no foreseeable way for the prices to drop by anywhere near that amount.
Just for reference that's not only 3 times more gold but also almost twice the spirit shards and over 3 times the karma
It's the most expensive generation by far and it's not even close.
If just just want the default skin gen 3 is pretty comparable to gen 2
If you want the aspects you're gonna pay 2 more gen2's on top of that. So yeah I think it's very obvious that indeed the legendary variants are too expensive.
Why exactly does that have to be the case? What's the benefit in making a full gen3 way more expensive than any of the other generations?

You may disagree but if you hate your gold this much I'm more than willing to take it. Personally I'm advocating for a reasonable change so that people don't need 10k hours playtime to even afford the karma costs alone and get scammed by these completely insane grindfests you have to go on to unlock your legendaries.

Oh also gen 3 is THREE times more expensive than any other gen. I know it was hard to understand all the other times I've mentioned it but that may be the reason why I'm calling it overpriced. Is it clear this time?

• Like 2
  • Confused 7

9 hours ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

Because they cost over 3 times more than the other gens per legendary

No, they don't, where did you get that number from?
Oh wait, are you just comparing 7 gen 3 skins to 1 gen 2 skin? That's a fair comparison how exactly? 🙄 

So it's a fair price. And then any additional, fully optional legendary skin is many times cheaper than crafting another leggy instead. Not overpriced for a legendary skin.

scammed

This word doesn't mean what you seem to think it means, nobody is getting scammed by optional additional legendary skins which are few times cheaper to get than other leggies. At no point anyone is forced to craft all of them because they craft the base. At no point it's some "all or nothing" deal. And generally people don't craft legendaries without checking needed materials anyways. Not sure where you found the "scam" here.

Oh also gen 3 is THREE times more expensive than any other gen. I know it was hard to understand all the other times I've mentioned it but that may be the reason why I'm calling it overpriced. Is it clear this time?

It's not. And were you calling "gen 3" overpriced or were you calling "variants" overpriced? Because you seem to be all over the place with this now. So before I thought I understand what you said and simply completely disagreed with it. But NOW it is not clear what you're trying to refer to.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 5
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

Because they cost over 3 times more than the other gens per legendary and a total of 9600 Spirit Shards and 33.6 Million Karma with currently no foreseeable way for the prices to drop by anywhere near that amount.
Just for reference that's not only 3 times more gold but also almost twice the spirit shards and over 3 times the karma
It's the most expensive generation by far and it's not even close.
If you want the aspects you're gonna pay 2 more gen2's on top of that. So yeah I think it's very obvious that indeed the legendary variants are too expensive.
Why exactly does that have to be the case? What's the benefit in making a full gen3 way more expensive than any of the other generations?

You may disagree but if you hate your gold this much I'm more than willing to take it. Personally I'm advocating for a reasonable change so that people don't need 10k hours playtime to even afford the karma costs alone and get scammed by these completely insane grindfests you have to go on to unlock your legendaries.

Bruh.

I did the maths like two pages ago.  There are direct links to GW2 efficiency that breaks down the price to the current value of every legendary of the same type.  Gen 2 was most expensive by an average difference of about 100g between Gen 3 and Gen 2 and an average cost of 1450g.  Gen 3 was second most expensive with  an average cost of 1350g.  Gen 1 was least expensive with an average cost of 900g.

You're paying 400g for a legendary skin, which, unfortunately, doesn't give you another legendary, just a skin, so if you're after free transmutation, stat swap, etc. that a legendary weapon can give you, you'd be better off making two gen 1 legendaries rather than any other generation.  I suppose, in a way, that means ANet achieved their goal, just with gen 1 instead of gen 3.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Andifulated.3482 said:

You're paying 400g for a legendary skin, which, unfortunately, doesn't give you another legendary

I bet if it DID give another legendary they would be complaining about being "forced' to pay for a useless thing since that is what it would be for the 2h weapons for most people and even the 1h weapons except for spec that can dual wield.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

I bet if it DID give another legendary they would be complaining about being "forced' to pay for a useless thing since that is what it would be for the 2h weapons for most people and even the 1h weapons except for spec that can dual wield.

Yeah, people probably would.  It'd also be far too cheap.  I'd, honestly, be fine with these collections if it gave you a second legendary after you got all the variants for a set.

2 hours ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

Well if a person like Ashen have  money and can buy it  , he/she doesn't think a product is overpriced .

Edited by Woof.8246
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

No, they don't, where did you get that number from?
Oh wait, are you just comparing 7 gen 3 skins to 1 gen 2 skin? That's a fair comparison how exactly? 🙄 

So it's a fair price. And then any additional, fully optional legendary skin is many times cheaper than crafting another leggy instead. Not overpriced for a legendary skin.

This word doesn't mean what you seem to think it means, nobody is getting scammed by optional additional legendary skins which are few times cheaper to get than other leggies. At no point anyone is forced to craft all of them because they craft the base. At no point it's some "all or nothing" deal. And generally people don't craft legendaries without checking needed materials anyways. Not sure where you found the "scam" here.

It's not. And were you calling "gen 3" overpriced or were you calling "variants" overpriced? Because you seem to be all over the place with this now. So before I thought I understand what you said and simply completely disagreed with it. But NOW it is not clear what you're trying to refer to.

Dude it's a freaking reskin. You're getting one weapon. Stop trying to make it sound like it's in any way more reasonable because you get 7 of something. You're getting one legendary and that's it. You're just being stupid. There's nothing wrong with asking for gen 3 costing as much as the other gens and everything wrong with you wanting to defend them staying at the current price.

I don't know why you're saying they don't cost as much as 3 of the other legendaries. If you can't do math there's literally a page on the wiki showing you the prices. They currently cost 390 gold each and you have to craft 6 of them. That's 2400 gold for those alone per weapon and that's not even including the research notes, mystic clovers, karma and spirit shards which will make the price of each definitely above 400g.

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 6

13 hours ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Yeah probably because it wouldn't be much more nonsensical considering you don't have 7 hands. I know you are trying to make it sound like complaining there would be the weird thing to do but that would be an extremely weird decision as well.

• Confused 4

12 minutes ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

Dude it's a freaking reskin. You're getting one weapon.

I keep saying it's a legendary skin, where did I ever say anything about getting more weapons? Like, literally, what exactly are you even trying to respond with this to?

Stop trying to make it sound like it's in any way more reasonable because you get 7 of something.

You ARE getting "7 of something". 7 legendary grade skins and you're comparing it to a single legendary skin. If you want to compare LEGENDARY PRICES, compare craftin gen 3 legendary and crafting gen 2 legendary. That's it. These are single legendaries with single legendary skins. Any variant for gen 3 you get ABOVE that is an additional effort for additional reward. Is there anything you still don't understand about it? Be specific this time.

There's nothing wrong with asking for gen 3 costing as much as the other gens

I know and gen 3 crafting price is really close to gen 2 crafting price. You're just trying to lie about it by adding additional costs of ADDITIONAL legendary skins above the actual gen3 craft price. Stop being dishonest.

I don't know why you're saying they don't cost as much as 3 of the other legendaries. If you can't do math there's literally a page on the wiki showing you the prices. They currently cost 390 gold each and you have to craft 6 of them. That's 2400 gold for those alone per weapon and that's not even including the research notes, mystic clovers, karma and spirit shards which will make the price of each definitely above 400g

I'm saying that because it's true and you either don't understand what you're talking about or you're intentionally trying to present situation/cost in a misleading (to put it lightly) way.

And despite your bad attemptes to insult me, I'm not the one who "can't do math" here, but I'll do you "one better" and if you have trouble with something here, I'll relegate you "to the site".
Here are the costs of CRAFTING GEN 2 LEGENDARIES:  https://i.imgur.com/7KtUw5w.png
Here are the costs of CRAFTING GEN 3 LEGENDARIES: https://i.imgur.com/kMeA8hb.png

If you think one of these is 3x higher than the other... Oh well 🤷‍♂️

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 4
  • Confused 3

I'm not being dishonest you just keep saying 7 skins as if that means anything at all. They are all reskins of one weapon. They don't count as 7 times the amount. I think it's ridiculous that you think that makes them 7 times more valuable or that you think that logically means that they have to be 7 times more expensive because of that. They aren't and they don't have to be

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5

Just now, Redsnabba.9172 said:

I'm not being dishonest you just keep saying 7 skins as if that means anything at all. They are all reskins of one weapon. They don't count as 7 times the amount. I think it's ridiculous that you think that makes them 7 times more valuable or that you think that logically means that they have to be 7 times more expensive because of that. They aren't and they don't have to be

Sure, mate:

I'm saying that because it's true and you either don't understand what you're talking about or you're intentionally trying to present situation/cost in a misleading (to put it lightly) way.

And despite your bad attemptes to insult me, I'm not the one who "can't do math" here, but I'll do you "one better" and if you have trouble with something here, I'll relegate you "to the site".
Here are the costs of CRAFTING GEN 2 LEGENDARIES:  https://i.imgur.com/7KtUw5w.png
Here are the costs of CRAFTING GEN 3 LEGENDARIES: https://i.imgur.com/kMeA8hb.png

If you think one of these is 3x higher than the other... Oh well 🤷‍♂️

Gen 3 legendary crafting cost isn't 3x gen 2, you either don't understand what you're talking about or you're being dishonest.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

There's nothing wrong with asking for gen 3 costing as much as the other gens and everything wrong with you wanting to defend them staying at the current price.

I agree. I think gen3 should be more expensive just because its the latest legendary. I find it strange that the latest generation is cheaper than years old gen2. Based on the recent drop in material prices I would consider increasing the requirement for base materials for gen3.

I was crafting gen2s for well over 2k gold. Why are gen3 so cheap?

Edited by Cuks.8241
  • Like 6

I mean look at who's being dishonest now.
I have said it before: the standard legendary is about the same price as the other gens it's the aspects that add an additional 2 legendaries costs on top of that.
You know - the entire reason for this this post.
You see how the topic says Gen3 VARIANTS and not gen 3?

• Confused 3

3 minutes ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

I mean look at who's being dishonest now.
I have said it before: the standard legendary is about the same price as the other gens it's the aspects that add an additional 2 legendaries costs on top of that.
You know - the entire reason for this this post.
You see how the topic says Gen3 VARIANTS and not gen 3?

Dude, you dodged the whole post I wrote and attempted to pretend I wrote something I didn't (with the "7 times whatever"). Go back to the post, read it and address what I wrote or stop being dishonest because it gets a little too blatant now:

How am I supposed to be dishonest here, you LITERALLY wrote that "gen 3 legendaries are 3x more expensive" and that's a lie, as explained multiple times already. Gen 3 and gen 2 have similar prices, any other additional cost is for fully optional additional legendary skins. Did you somehow not understand that the previous 10 times I wrote that?

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Cuks.8241 said:

I agree. I think gen3 should be more expensive just because its the latest legendary. I find it strange that the latest generation is cheaper than years old gen2. Based on the recent drop in material prices I would consider increasing the requirement for base materials for gen3.

I was crafting gen2s for well over 2k gold. Why are gen3 so cheap?

It makes sense that gen 3 is cheaper than gen 2 because they added part of the costs on facets. What doesn't make sense is that each facet costs over 400 gold

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

It makes sense that gen 3 is cheaper than gen 2 because they added part of the costs on facets. What doesn't make sense is that each facet costs over 400 gold

What do Facets have to do with gen3? Gen3 work just fine without facets as fat as I know.

I think they need to update the materials for gen3. Basic mats are way to low. Legendaries are good materials sinks and it shows they went to low with this generation.

• Like 3
  • Confused 2

4 minutes ago, Sobx.1758 said:

How am I supposed to be dishonest here, you LITERALLY wrote that "gen 3 legendaries are 3x more expensive" and that's a lie, as explained multiple times already. Gen 3 and gen 2 have similar prices, any other additional cost is for fully optional additional legendary skins. Did you somehow not understand that the previous 10 times I wrote that?

All skins are optional. Making them have a purple name doesn't make them more amazing. They are reskins of the same weapon so you don't get to claim it's an additional 6 skins for each legendary

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 3

1 minute ago, Cuks.8241 said:

What do Facets have to do with gen3? Gen3 work just fine without facets as fat as I know.

I think they need to update the materials for gen3. Basic mats are way to low. Legendaries are good materials sinks and it shows they went to low with this generation.

Yeah they do work without facets. This post is about the facets. I think in this entire post nobody even was talking about the base cost of the legendaries. There are people like me who want anet to fix the prices to a level where it's not just the legendary itself that has an okay price but also the facets.

I think there's an argument to be made to increase the base crafting costs of gen3 but it's not a huge difference between gen2 and gen 3 and if they do that I think it would be ridiculous to push the price of gen 3 even higher before lowering the price of the facets so yeah maybe I agree but there should be a correct order there

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 4

4 minutes ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

Yeah they do work without facets. This post is about the facets. I think in this entire post nobody even was talking about the base cost of the legendaries. There are people like me who want anet to fix the prices to a level where it's not just the legendary itself that has an okay price but also the facets.

I think there's an argument to be made to increase the base crafting costs of gen3 but it's not a huge difference between gen2 and gen 3 and if they do that I think it would be ridiculous to push the price of gen 3 even higher before lowering the price of the facets so yeah maybe I agree but there should be a correct order there

Facets' prices are fine for what they are: additional legendary tier skins.

As for "nobody said that", this is your post from this thread, where you rather clearly pretend multiple times gen 3 legenadries cost 3 times more than other gens per legendary:

14 hours ago, Redsnabba.9172 said:

(....)

And yeah, they clearly don't. You just want more skins, so you falsly claim legendary craft+6additional legendary skins is somehow a package deal comparable with any other singular legendary weapon with a single skin. But it isn't.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 4