Is it possible to progress past the story step "Sleuthing a Solution"? [Merged]

I swear they released this only for the sake of saying "hey we released something!!!". I finished the story part in 1 hour or even less, the map is incomplete, no masteries in it or anything interesting at all, really.

Icebrood Saga all over again I guess, I was afraid this would happen...

Edited by Crono.4197
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 8
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 2

this story/map is supposed to be similar to how drytop/silverwasters/bjora/drizzle was released. So you'll get more story once the next story patch comes out, maybe more map too. It's basically how some of the  living world stories and icebrood saga content came out. So expect 3-4months b4 next story, but....since storywise did feel short like living world season 2, it could even be 2months time for next one. Basically just be paitient for next content.Enjoy new map and meta in meantime and whatever else you do in game lol. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

17 minutes ago, Odin the exiled.5764 said:

this story/map is supposed to be similar to how drytop/silverwasters/bjora/drizzle was released. So you'll get more story once the next story patch comes out, maybe more map too. It's basically how some of the  living world stories and icebrood saga content came out. So expect 3-4months b4 next story, but....since storywise did feel short like living world season 2, it could even be 2months time for next one. Basically just be paitient for next content.Enjoy new map and meta in meantime and whatever else you do in game lol. 

2 months until continouation to this would truly be Champions 2.0. 
Season 2 had releases every 2 weeks with a 2 month gap in the middle.
Icebrood Saga had more to do per map, even on the half maps that originally came out, so the 2 month schedule wasn't too noticable, then we got Champions.

Releasing the map and story in parts is perfectly fine, if it's not ages between some bits of content.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 7

22 minutes ago, Odin the exiled.5764 said:

It wont be in the next 2 months... it will be either june or july. Sorry but this patch was a complete lacklustre...

People can say we got what they said we would(map, story content, variants) which is true but its still laughable.

You can complete the story in 1h or so without even rushing and it ends with a nothing burger cliff-hanger, the map even tho is beautiful its basic and linear which you also can map complete in a less than an hour... The meta... oh my don't even get me started with that.

I honestly think, like @Crono.4197 also said, they released this patch just for the sake of being a release.

In my opinion this patch seems like a 1/4 of an IBS patch and that is saying something...

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 7

So after not much content to speak of, they've left us hanging in the middle of a story step? Without a clear indication that that's it for now (just the words "wait until ((etc.))")? And, presumably, if I want to do the next drop of story content, I'm going to have to continue on the same character (or redo the whole thing from the start on a different one - that's going to get very old, very quickly, if they do this a few more times...)?

Can't say that I'm entirely sold on this new approach.

Edited by Doghouse.1562
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 4

3 minutes ago, Doghouse.1562 said:

So after not much content to speak of, they've left us hanging in the middle of a story step? Without a clear indication that that's it for now (just the words "wait until ((etc.))")? And, presumably, if I want to do the next drop of story content, I'm going to have to continue on the same character (or redo the whole thing from the start on a different one - that's going to get very old, very quickly, if they do this a few more times...)?

It reminded me that NPC in Eye of The North that she had a start above her head and you needed to wait for next story. I don t mind that tbh, but the story was short. 

I would appreciate a new book or a scroll to tp other chars there for sure.

14 minutes ago, Doghouse.1562 said:

You can jump straight to this episode on a character who hasn't done the End of Dragons story, even though it's in the same section in the journal. I assume it will be the same for the next release. (That's how seperate story releases have always worked, it's an on-going narrative, but you don't have to go through the entire thing on one character if you don't want to.)

• Like 2

Haha. Came here because I first believed they time-gate story steps now as the new "cool".

Even silly itch.io slendercopy games feel like having more content. This doesn't even qualify as a demo to anything. Half-baked repeated story elements ("oh look someone's outta their mind, kill it!" - "this is so mysterious, commander... hey are you having flashbacks _again_?" - "we gotta find out why this happens or just ask Taimi or her spiritual offspring") not generating any interest in delving further. And I thought they killed off the dragons for something fresh, great, new. Guess that was a complete bust.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 5
  • Sad 1

OK, i came here because i googled how to get past this kitten quest.

To say that as a player of the game since the first day of GW1, I am disappointed. 

This is not someone moaning about not getting enough free content, this is more about being let down that the map, once you have done meta, is pointless to come back to and it is stunning!

What is the point in holding off like this? It feels rushed and done just so that a tick box can be selected saying something was released.

I really hope this is not a sign of things to come in regards to volume of story content.

• Like 9
  • Confused 2

9 minutes ago, Lara Hesperax.2537 said:

OK, i came here because i googled how to get past this kitten quest.

To say that as a player of the game since the first day of GW1, I am disappointed. 

This is not someone moaning about not getting enough free content, this is more about being let down that the map, once you have done meta, is pointless to come back to and it is stunning!

What is the point in holding off like this? It feels rushed and done just so that a tick box can be selected saying something was released.

I really hope this is not a sign of things to come in regards to volume of story content.

plus, they told us that the quality is going to be not discounted. Look at what we have at the moment. 45 minute story and a few skin. How you are going to convince me to pay for more with that half-done pointless episode?

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Another thing, Anet it would be easier to put the achievements for The Jade Crisis in order for the first part of the story and the rest would be grayed out until the next release. They are all over the place. It would be so easy in this way to know what to work on next. 😁 

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

On 3/1/2023 at 7:12 AM, Crono.4197 said:

I swear they released this only for the sake of saying "hey we released something!!!". I finished the story part in 1 hour or even less, the map is incomplete, no masteries in it or anything interesting at all, really.

Icebrood Saga all over again I guess, I was afraid this would happen...

I wish people would stop saying that. When the Icebrood Saga began, Grothmar Wardowns was very well received, and Bjora and Drizzlewood were too. The Icebrood Saga really only collapased when the company rerouted staff to make an expansion they hadn't planned on making.

Anet tried to recreate something along the lines of Drizzlewood, and that's what we got. A cut rate drizzlewood with an easier meta.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 2/28/2023 at 3:02 PM, IAmNotMatthew.1058 said:

2 months until continouation to this would truly be Champions 2.0. 
Season 2 had releases every 2 weeks with a 2 month gap in the middle.
Icebrood Saga had more to do per map, even on the half maps that originally came out, so the 2 month schedule wasn't too noticable, then we got Champions.

Releasing the map and story in parts is perfectly fine, if it's not ages between some bits of content.

Season 2 did not have a release every 2 weeks.  There were a number of gaps in the release schedule.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, DarcShriek.5829 said:

Season 2 did not have a release every 2 weeks.  There were a number of gaps in the release schedule.

Yes, there was a 2 month gap between Episode 4 and 5 and a 1 month gap between Episode 7 and 8, the rest were 2 weeks each.
The release schedule on this is more comparable to LWS3 and that's the only thing that's on par.

• Like 2

On 2/28/2023 at 3:07 PM, SlothPowah.1072 said:

Yeah idk, today's patch seemed like there was a lot missing. Very little story content. Mid-expansion story updates are usually a lot longer.

I think it is important to remember that Anet said this is going to be like this. Everything is going to be released in smaller chunks. So for me, I am looking forward to new content. However, I am not by any means setting my expectations high. Anet has a history of bad story telling in GW2. If I were Anet I would introduce side quest that can further explore the story without voice acting dialogue.

Still, this is only the first story patch since EoDs release. Through the last year Anet has focused on making a huge effort on QoL, maintenance, and profession balance updates that were much needed - there is still a lot of work they have to do so don't take this response from me as they are doing great. They are trying and "getting there".

• Like 2