First time getting Ascended Trinkets / Back items?

Snow.4359

I just bought the HoT / PoF expansions, but don't have EoD. Currently working to unlock Firebrand in PoF.

I'm wondering what the best way to get Ascended trinkets and back item would be? Should I buy a LW episode or farm it elsewhere? Do it through Fractals? This is my first time gearing a character into Ascended, so would love any and all pointers here as I've read the guides and wikis, but I'd love some more specific advice. My goal is to get into more advanced Fractals with a condi Firebrand.

As well on the topic of Fractals, any pointers on how I should start infusing Agony Resistance if I have none at the moment?

Thanks in advance!

Edited by Torath.7930

Quoting myself a few threads below:

Bitterfrost is overall the best map to get ascended items; provides a ring (which can be infused to stack two of them), an ear ring, the back piece and the underwater breather (which can be salvaged to craft the Ball of Dark Energy. required for legendary items). All of them in a map which allows to gather ~50+ winterberries x character x day (while stacking large amounts of unbound magic in the proccess).

Other notable maps include Bloodstone Fen (amulet, ring, back pack; way less convenient to farm since the nerfs of the rewards, but their gear can be reset in stats), Sandswept Islands (ring, ear ring),  Dragonfall (amulet, ring, ear ring) and Bjora Marches (amulet, ear ring). Ember Bay has a pass as one of the few which provides ear rings, but the others named previously are better.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

So: Bitterfrost Frontier + Dragonfall & Sandwsept Islands, Bjora Marches, Bloodstone Fen & Ember's Bay, in that order.

Edit: also, if you plan at any time to buy nodes from those maps for your home instance at 50 gold coins, imo the only ones to inves in are: Bllodstone Fen node (due their trinkets can be reset and are hard to farm), Dragonfall and Sandwept Islands nodes (very versatile, as covers almost all trinkets) and maybe Ember's Bay (to much lesser extent). Winterberries are much easier to farm, and also the icy things from Bjora marches (in the 3 big chest, you can farm ~180 x day in 2-3 minutes if you have a springer and the griffon, a bit slower if you lack the griffon).

Edited by Buran.3796
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1