"An Air of Mystery" progression bug [Merged]

I have this exact same bug.  Scanned the last haze hot spot, the map closed during the dialogue with Gorrik.  The progress has completed bugged out.  I have tried:

•  Changing map
  •  Logged out and back in again
  •  Stopping the chapter and starting a new chapter, then switching back

Nothing so far has worked.  My progress has still bugged out and I cannot continue. 

Edit: I managed to continue progression by redoing a bit of the EoD story then going back.  Redoing a bit of story from another expansion or LW release does not unstick this bug.  Note that you will need to redo the stuff with the haze hot spots. 

Edited by Lateralis.5701
Added further information.

13 hours ago, McQwak.1459 said:

I was able to fix this after running into the same issue on Air of Mystery. Quitting chapter, relogging, and closing the game didn't work. I was able to fix it by changing my active story to The Cycle Reborn and then changing it back to What Lies Beneath. It reset my story progress and I had to start over from the beginning of On The Case, but I can progress now.

Thank you mate, worked for me as well.

Cheers

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Darty.7806 said:

Same bug here. Tried switching to a different story (Icebrood Saga), restarted teh game, then came back in and switched back to this one. No dice. I am progression stuck.

I will edit my post, but I restarted the EoD story on the stuck character - did the first bit with Taimi/Aurene and then the first two instances to get to Seitung.  That seems to unstick the progression, but I have to redo the stuff with the haze hot spots. 

So if you have this bug, go back and redo a bit of the EoD story before this patch.  Then try to continue the story in this patch. 

I had the same problem, it's a bug. The map reset after I scanned the last haze spot and I didn't get the next story step before being forced to reload the map. I restarted the chapter and it worked fine without being interrupted by the map reset. You should be getting a new step to the story immediately after the dialogue. If you can't wait for a patch just restart the story.

• 2 weeks later...

During the "Scan Haze Hot Spots" phase only the first of Gorrik's radio messages is triggered, none after that. The progress bar can be filled but the mission does not continue past that point. Only relogging seems to trigger Gorrik's debriefing message and allows the mission to progress once again, but that is complicated by the fact that you lose your filter mask (and possibly your active map) in the process.

Got a similar issue with this part of the new story not progressing.

I've scanned the haze hot spots and filled the progress bar.

I've picked up the jade blocks and placed them onto the haze spots marked on the map and filled the progress bar.

Problem is, unlike the other 8 characters that Ive already run through the entire story, this character is now stuck. The green mission marker that should appear and allow you to go into the end part of the story (where you meet up with Rama etc and then go on to fight the Oni), isnt appearing.

I've logged to character select and then come back - doesnt work.
I've logged out completely and then come back - doesnt work.
I've swapped to a compeletely different map and then returned to Gyala Delves - doesnt work.
I've selected Quit this Chapter, the only option it then gives is Continue this story, selecting this just returns you to the stalled part of the mission. 

So at the moment this character apperars completely stuck and cannot progress or even quit to restart it all.

Edit - Found another thread (https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/128338-an-air-of-mystery-progression-bug/) where people have had the same issue and apparently restarting another part of the EoD story and then going back to the latest one seems to fix it. I'll try that, but tbh this shouldn't be a fix to this issue. 

Update - Restarting and completing another part of the EoD storyline allowed me to restart the latest story part. Thankfully it began after the Tea room party, where you enter Gyala Devles from New Kaineng.

Everthing progressed normally, scanned the haze hot spots then dropped the jade blocks onto the haze spots. At this point the information at the top right of the screen progressed normally.

You contact Gorrik, get your reward and the story progresses to the end section. It appears that for some reason after dropping the last jade block on the haze it wasn't triggering the conversation with Gorrik, so in my case that's where the bug was.

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1

I did the entire questline, bugged at An Air of Mystery. Tried clicking The Cycle, Reborn then clicked back into What lies beneath. Redid the entire quest line bugged at the same place still won't progress. Don't bother restarting quest line, doesn't work.

Update: After doing the questline 3 times what worked for me was waiting until Gorrik stops talking to scan the next haze. Both times before I had scanned the last few hazes so fast the dialog overlapped. The third time I didn't scan anything until after his dialog completed and the quest progressed. Good luck.

Edited by BiPoLar.6025

From the Game Update Notes -

"Bug Fix:

Fixed an issue that could prevent the story from progressing during the Air of Mystery chapter of “What Lies Beneath” if the player exited the map while dialogue was playing"

Whatever you did its still somewhat bugged. I ran one of my characters through this again this morning.

Scanned the haze spots. Picked up the Jade blocks and dropped them onto the Haze spots. Both of these parts worked fine and the progress bar moved forward.

At this point the mission progressed to the contact Gorrik part. Cannot remember if the audio played or not but at this point the mission wouldn't move forward. It continued to show the contact Gorrik part and the green marker indicating where to travel to get into the next part of the story wasn't displaying. 

At this point I swapped maps. I then got the reward for this section with the crossed swords and the story then displayed the marker to indicate where to go to do the next section.

On previous characters it worked fine, so it seems a little more bug fixing is required.

Edited by Andy.5981

Already did it on another character and not going to redo any progress, so if it isn't fixed I just won't play my Necro until there is another content patch and people stop doing a lot of stuff on this map.  These quests aren't really that entertaining, so I'm absolutely not going to waste any time doing it over again.  Honestly, it would be nice if this story content stuff was made account-wide.

Got stuck when scanning hot spots. To try and fix it I swapped story chapter, then swapped back. That had me having to redo the entire story (apart from the very first talk with Rama). This time, I got through the hot spots mission and onto the next one. 

WHERE IT STUCK AGAIN.

I really do not feel like repeating the whole story chapter AGAIN in the hopes that maybe it won't get stuck a third time. They need to fix this bug properly. 

I can also confirm that this is still a bug - I initially had a issue where the scanner animation wouldn't go away (after ending up in a fight while trying to scan), but that was fixed after going to the character choice screen and back. However, after the scanning the hotspots part of the mission (and hearing the appropriate voice lines) the quest wouldn't move on to the next step. Exiting and restarting the quest from the journal and relogging hasn't fixed the issue either.  

I had a character get stuck after scanning the hotspots, but after the third time re-doing A Cycle Reborn and the current storyline (minus the bit with Rama at the tea place), I got it to progress past the buggy parts.  No idea what I did differently the third time retrying (fourth overall), but it worked.

Stuck as well. I think my character might've died during the dialog, but I'm not sure anymore. Because it still says "Continue the investigation" despite both objectives checked, I figured I just needed to do more of the map. I've completed the entire meta, but the mission still didn't continue. Then figured to search online and now I'm sad to see this thread exists.