"An Air of Mystery" progression bug [Merged]

Same bug here.

Bugged out after scanning the Hot Spots (there was no map swapping, nothing to disrupt any dialogue, the dialogue simply does not trigger), I did another EoD chapter again and came back, redid everything up to scanning the Hot Spots, exact same bug, the story just does not advance.

Just to make sure I've done this _four_ times now to make sure it's not a fluke and the result is always the same, so this is definitely a reproducable blocker bug.

Edited by Delta.2690

It may be a coincidence, but the bug may be actually tied to the map events. 
I and a friend had to restart the story as it glitched during the scan part.
As we reached the scan point again, we both managed to progress the story (there were no dialogues between each scan ) and moved to the next story objective. (drop the jade inside the "void clouds")
While we went there, the event for capture the howling caves fort was up. 
I tried to complete the story steps regardless, while my friend waited for the event to end. My story progression glitched again, while my friend managed to progress the story successfully. 

Instead of players having to guess to figure out what is the actual bug, could we get some feedback from anet instead of "we are aware"? Are you still working on it or do you consider it fixed? Do you have an official workaround?

At least could you make it so that the new reward tracks are not locked under this bug?

• Confused 1

I have the Same Bug, Story does not continoue after scaning the last spot.

I do it with 5 other Charakter before without an issue.

I tried relog, change map, etc without sucess.

I tried redo the story the story third time too... (Do Entering Gyala "Senke" Mission, Do Events and Scan spots Again and nothing after finish....)

And Voicelines from Rama are still missing too

On 3/23/2023 at 8:00 PM, Tidus Van Kennedy.8320 said:

I have the Same Bug, Story does not continoue after scaning the last spot.

I do it with 5 other Charakter before without an issue.

I tried relog, change map, etc without sucess.

I tried redo the story the story third time too... (Do Entering Gyala "Senke" Mission, Do Events and Scan spots Again and nothing after finish....)

And Voicelines from Rama are still missing too

I tried it today again and finally it worked

and P.S: The Norn Voicelines are Missing for me too

I have restarted this story step for the 6th time now and it keeps bugging at the exact same step. Right after scanning hot spots. I've tried not using WP's, finishing the dialogues without doing anything else. Not getting interrupted while channeling hotspots. None of it works. I dont get it but I'vehad enough. I'm gonna take a break from GW until it's fixed...

On 2/28/2023 at 11:55 PM, McQwak.1459 said:

I was able to fix this after running into the same issue on Air of Mystery. Quitting chapter, relogging, and closing the game didn't work. I was able to fix it by changing my active story to The Cycle Reborn and then changing it back to What Lies Beneath. It reset my story progress and I had to start over from the beginning of On The Case, but I can progress now.

Didn't work for me; I just bugged again at the self-same point. I can't see me bothering to try again until i know the bug is fixed.

(Plus - the game resetting progress to *On The Case* , rather than restarting *An Air of Mystery* feels like a bug in itself. That's not historically what we'd expect to happen.)

Edited by Doghouse.1562

Just ran into this bug as well. It's after the "Scan haze hot spots within Howling Caves." part for me. I finish that step, annnnnd... nothing. Nothing I do makes anything continue. I've tried what other people suggested and restarted this part of the episode (by moving between different episodes), but it happened again on the second attempt. Don't really fancy doing the whole thing over again a third time...

edit: Tried a third time, still broken. This time didn't even get the second Gorrik update partway through the scanning bar. Won't be trying to complete this episode until I get an idea of how to avoid this or the bug gets fixed, I think 😞

edit2: I clearly don't value my time enough, so make that four...

Edited by verysleepy.3428
4th attempt

• ArenaNet Staff

Hi all, this is a stubborn bug! We shipped a fix earlier this month and that solved the original issue, but a slightly different bug showed up it its place, causing the story to stall for a different reason. I know this is frustrating for those of you impacted by it, so I'm happy to share that we've got a fix and are preparing to send it your way!

Since this has been such a persistent issue, we are testing the fix thoroughly to make sure it's going to solve the problem for you. Our goal is to ship the fix next Monday, April 3. If something happens to delay that we will let you know in this thread.

• Like 8