"An Air of Mystery" progression bug [Merged]

1 April - Game still stalling out in the middle of An Air of Mystery (after scanning in the cave).  I've tried changing the story, changing characters, and logging out and in again.  I restarted the chapter 4 times.  Guess I wait for the bug repair on Monday and try again.

Played up to the point;
'An Air Of Mystery'

- (Optional) Use the filter recharge station to obtain protective jade bot filters before descending into the mine.

- Examine the strange goings-on in the mine by completing events or killing hostile forces.

- Scan haze hot spots within Howling Caves.

..... and that's all!
All objectives has green tick marker and that's it! No continuance.
Just wanted to know if it's a bug or indeed the story hasn't been developed / released yet 

You fill the bar by doing the events.
Then there are spots marked with the storyicon which u need to scan (go to it use special action button)
After that you are supposed to take the jade cubes and dropped them into the little void bubbles found on the ground until it fills and after that you will get new instance step in the second part of the map.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Blackari.2051 said:

You fill the bar by doing the events.
Then there are spots marked with the storyicon which u need to scan (go to it use special action button)
After that you are supposed to take the jade cubes and dropped them into the little void bubbles found on the ground until it fills and after that you will get new instance step in the second part of the map.

I'm not asking how to complete the event
I'm asking if there's a continuance AFTER you've done the events.

https://ibb.co/jH1wJbf

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Stalvros.9217 said:

I'm not asking how to complete the event
I'm asking if there's a continuance AFTER you've done the events.

"After that you are supposed to take the jade cubes and dropped them into the little void bubbles found on the ground until it fills and after that you will get new instance step in the second part of the map."

And I gave you exactly answer for that 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Stalvros.9217 said:

Played up to the point;
'An Air Of Mystery'

- (Optional) Use the filter recharge station to obtain protective jade bot filters before descending into the mine.

- Examine the strange goings-on in the mine by completing events or killing hostile forces.

- Scan haze hot spots within Howling Caves.

..... and that's all!
All objectives has green tick marker and that's it! No continuance.
Just wanted to know if it's a bug or indeed the story hasn't been developed / released yet 

It is supposed to progress Stalvros but it does bug out on some characters. They had one go at fixing the bug but there was another one that appeared that has proven to be a bit more difficult to iron out.

There is an ongoing thread in the Bug section of the Forum and the Developers have answered a couple of times. Apparently they've come up with a fix which all being well will be released on Monday 3rd of April.

You can read through the thread below. It does detail some work arounds which work for some people but not others.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/topic/128338-an-air-of-mystery-progression-bug-merged/

Edited by Andy.5981
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Blackari.2051 said:

Yeah ok ill just wait for the fix

Because i don't see the spots marked with the story icon currently 😞

But much thanks for the help 🙂

On 3/30/2023 at 11:27 PM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, this is a stubborn bug! We shipped a fix earlier this month and that solved the original issue, but a slightly different bug showed up it its place, causing the story to stall for a different reason. I know this is frustrating for those of you impacted by it, so I'm happy to share that we've got a fix and are preparing to send it your way!

Since this has been such a persistent issue, we are testing the fix thoroughly to make sure it's going to solve the problem for you. Our goal is to ship the fix next Monday, April 3. If something happens to delay that we will let you know in this thread.

Is this still going to happen? been waiting 3 days to complete this quest?

It's not uncommon for the new story to bug out and get stuck, for my Revenant it was between scanning the haze and doing the jade blocks.

It's been reported numerous times, yet nothing has been done to solve the issue. I suspect this issue will continue to persist for a long time.

• Confused 1

7 hours ago, Stalvros.9217 said:

It still bugged for me~
Even after the update~

2 hours ago, Stalvros.9217 said:

(for more details on still bugged)

This might not work, but it's quick so probably worth a try: swap to a previous story step, something from before EoD (it doesn't matter what). Then quit that one and select What Lies Beneath again. Sometimes when a story step isn't updating that fixes it.

Ok i have came to the conclusion that this extension of the game should not have been released as it is not ready for use. When a patch is added it messes up something that was working ok before. I now cant get passed killing the leyline type guy in the start of Deep trouble game keeps saying cant connect with server. So i am stopping playing for 2 weeks to see if it is all settled by then..

• Confused 1

On 3/31/2023 at 12:27 AM, Rubi Bayer.8493 said:

Hi all, this is a stubborn bug! We shipped a fix earlier this month and that solved the original issue, but a slightly different bug showed up it its place, causing the story to stall for a different reason. I know this is frustrating for those of you impacted by it, so I'm happy to share that we've got a fix and are preparing to send it your way!

Since this has been such a persistent issue, we are testing the fix thoroughly to make sure it's going to solve the problem for you. Our goal is to ship the fix next Monday, April 3. If something happens to delay that we will let you know in this thread.

It's still bugged for both me and my wife. What exactly has been fixed? What are we supposed to do?

3 hours ago, Stalvros.9217 said:

It fixed for me after I abandoned the entire story and restarted it.
The downside? Had to re-do everything from beginning -_-

I don't think this is the intended fix, imagine the look of the in-game mail they would have to send ^^

• Confused 1