Gyala Delves Feedback [Merged]

22 minutes ago, Aelin.9317 said:

We players are certainly predictable by now for sure. Meta gaming is not going away any time soon. 

I am quite sad they nerfed the rewards. I did enjoy doing it once or twice but I did dislike feeling forever short on keys, leaving a chest unopened never feels good. I don't farm anything, I just do whatever I feel like at the time. I don't do any daily chores. So buying keys everyday I will never do. So the meta would never feel good to me being always short on keys. 

But to be honest I hate needing keys in the first place. If I take part in the event I would like the reward for doing it and not need a half dozen keys for it. This is a very strange thing to me coming from other games, you do content you get the reward straight away or a currency to then get said reward. I don't need dozens upon dozens of keys or have to remember to buy them daily. It's a real chore that sucks the fun out of it for me. Leaving things behind unopened feels horrible and it really ruined the map for me, along with the damage sponge end bosses. 

I still think soo won meta is the best I have seen and I really loved it. Participate and get the reward at the end, no keys needed. I would like more of that. 

So much this.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Aelin.9317 said:

We players are certainly predictable by now for sure. Meta gaming is not going away any time soon. 

I am quite sad they nerfed the rewards. I did enjoy doing it once or twice but I did dislike feeling forever short on keys, leaving a chest unopened never feels good. I don't farm anything, I just do whatever I feel like at the time. I don't do any daily chores. So buying keys everyday I will never do. So the meta would never feel good to me being always short on keys. 

But to be honest I hate needing keys in the first place. If I take part in the event I would like the reward for doing it and not need a half dozen keys for it. This is a very strange thing to me coming from other games, you do content you get the reward straight away or a currency to then get said reward. I don't need dozens upon dozens of keys or have to remember to buy them daily. It's a real chore that sucks the fun out of it for me. Leaving things behind unopened feels horrible and it really ruined the map for me, along with the damage sponge end bosses. 

I still think soo won meta is the best I have seen and I really loved it. Participate and get the reward at the end, no keys needed. I would like more of that. 

Keys are there as mat sink, just like in Drizzlewood. Pure gold sinks feels worse, so less people engage with it. Mats, on the other, are "less" of a loss, at the same time, pulling mats from the game.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Bakeneko.5826 said:

Keys are there as mat sink, just like in Drizzlewood. Pure gold sinks feels worse, so less people engage with it. Mats, on the other, are "less" of a loss, at the same time, pulling mats from the game.

I understand what the keys for that map are there for. Drizzlewood, all I need is the map currency which you get in plenty volume just salvaging as you run around doing south. Even then my failing to buy keys daily means I don't do the map often. The charr commendations you can buy with mats but you don't need those to open chests. Unless there is something I don't know there, I am still pretty new. 

I rather they come up with some other way to sink the materials. I don't care if it's an item that needs 100k of the trash mats or what. I am sure they could come up with other things to sink materials. Just don't make me need to buy keys so that every time I do the new meta for the first time it feels worse than it needs to because I must leave the majority of chests unopened despite having been participating in the meta from start to finish without any leeching. And subsequent runs also feel worse because I don't make it my job to buy keys on a daily basis. I am doing my best in the meta, I participate fully and I do not get most of the rewards for it. It feels horrible. 

I really love how casual friendly the game feels in many ways, this does not feel friendly to me at all personally.  

Edited by Aelin.9317
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

The problem with keys as a material sink is that when the rewards for opening a chest are  clearly out of whack with what it costs to buy the key, people are quickly going to learn that it's a bad deal and the material sink will fail as players stop engaging with it.

What they needed to do is set the price so that, if the price of the materials was below a certain threshold, it would be worthwhile. That way, the keys would act as a 'floor' for the price of the material - even if people had no other use for the material, it would always be useful for buying a key, which gives the material an approximate value equal to the expected return from the key, divided by the amount of material used. Now, while that's technically true even when the keys require a lot of material, the more of the material that is needed for the keycard, the lower the price can go before the keycards can prevent further devaluation. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

On 3/23/2023 at 2:35 AM, Eloc Freidon.5692 said:

There isn't enough incentive or time to build up the bases to Tier 2. The group is going right into the Deep, making it impossible to upgrade. I'd like to get daily writs, but it looks like it is a pointless purchase on a vendor now that people are rushing to the end.

No point. Everything is nerfed except the fishing spots and that's really the only place you get gold to make this meta even salvageable. Consequence for people wanting to change how the map was set up so bad. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

The feedback was legitimate. It’s weird to blame the feedback instead of the “fix” which didn’t actually make it more fun, just nerfed the possible rewards.

When the map was still good this post here was full of people giving "feedback" now that the map is dead and with bad rewards nobody came back here to talk.

Resurrect this post make them see it to at least provide a solution in the next patch, there is still time to save the map.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, VictorLeal.4102 said:

When the map was still good this post here was full of people giving "feedback" now that the map is dead and with bad rewards nobody came back here to talk.

Resurrect this post make them see it to at least provide a solution in the next patch, there is still time to save the map.

Any further significant changes are probably unlikely until we get the next part if at all. They will either recognise it and add in changes as part of a further, larger overhaul or just let it be. Balance and other stuff will likely be the interim focus until then

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Any further significant changes are probably unlikely until we get the next part if at all. They will either recognise it and add in changes as part of a further, larger overhaul or just let it be. Balance and other stuff will likely be the interim focus until then

I want to believe that in the release of the next part they will fix the meta as a whole, but they are not very good at it seen the example of Drizzlewood, they just made it longer and bad changes in the first meta killing key farming and increasing their price.

Well, I just wanted to shake this post up a bit to show that there are people who are unhappy with this, I hope someone sees it.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, VictorLeal.4102 said:

I want to believe that in the release of the next part they will fix the meta as a whole, but they are not very good at it seen the example of Drizzlewood, they just made it longer and bad changes in the first meta killing key farming and increasing their price.

Well, I just wanted to shake this post up a bit to show that there are people who are unhappy with this, I hope someone sees it.

I kinda agree, although at this point Drizzlewood has settled  and no longer suffers from excessive length and is completable with low populations. It’s fine, it’s fun and it’s rewarding enough without devaluing everything else in the game.

This one I hope will be overhauled too, but I fear the second coming of Kourna here. I very much hope to be proven wrong. I’m not sure why we needed a meta map. I’d have preferred the new era began with a a Grothmar style map which is one of the best maps for story, design, variety, creativity and replayability through achievements, in the game.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

I'm on NA and have been able to get on active Delves maps every hour or so on my days off. Even without a commander people are able to organize and complete the meta. 
It's still a rewarding map in terms of liquid gold as a casual player  so not sure why folks in the forum are  catastrophizing what is still a fun event. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 3

I’ve done it recently when the other EOD metas weren’t up and I was able to find a group.

It would be nice if they rework it to make it more interesting and fun, but I don’t have much hope for that.

Edited by Gibson.4036
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

I'm on NA and have been able to get on active Delves maps every hour or so on my days off. Even without a commander people are able to organize and complete the meta. 
It's still a rewarding map in terms of liquid gold as a casual player  so not sure why folks in the forum are  catastrophizing what is still a fun event. 

Look at the hours that I play 5-6pm it was much easier to find commander and a really populated map, how much profit did you get before and after the patch?( If the vast majority of profit is on fishing)

Sounds like in your world it's fun casual players do the whole meta to catch 2 legendaries in 40m-1h,  if you think that's okay then you don't understand anything about the reward of that meta or simply does not care and prefers to come to the forum to say that everything is great.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 2

Seems i'm in the minority at finding this map fun eh? 

Personally i think it's one of the most well designed maps they've made and the event is pretty interactive. i've been having fun going through the map achievements which i generally don't bother with. I quite like there's a few nods to GW1 with this map aswell- makes me curious how far the rabbit hole we'll go. 

I do feel the rewards have been nerfed unnecessarily but I'm still doing it. probably will fade off from it once i've done the delve achievements for the cape but by then the next release for it should be out so looking forward to it. Would be nice if they reverted the fishing nodes to the catch rate they had, could understand tieing the pools to the boss kill but just nerfing the catch rate seems a bit underhanded with it not being stated in the notes. 

On 4/24/2023 at 7:21 AM, VictorLeal.4102 said:

Look at the hours that I play 5-6pm it was much easier to find commander and a really populated map, how much profit did you get before and after the patch?( If the vast majority of profit is on fishing)

Sounds like in your world it's fun casual players do the whole meta to catch 2 legendaries in 40m-1h,  if you think that's okay then you don't understand anything about the reward of that meta or simply does not care and prefers to come to the forum to say that everything is great.

I never fished. What I understand is that what we find fun and rewarding are very different. 

I did notice a drop in the amount of unique/rare items - before the patch I got the ascended chest 3 times, and almost completed my luxon weapon collection. 
After the patch, have not seen the ascended chest, but I do find a luxon chest maybe every 3-4 runs. 

What I like is that I can open all the chests. I play the meta maybe twice a day on my days off. I find it fun with a decent amount of gold reward. 
I don't min/max gold farming however. 

• Confused 2

9 hours ago, Obfuscate.6430 said:

What I like is that I can open all the chests.

I've done it a handful of times, mostly before the change, a few times after, and I still don't understand the keys and chests.

My most recent run, some of the events along the way I had enough keys to open every chest, some I could only open about two thirds. I can definitely open more chests than I used to, and I like that I don't have to save them for the better red boxes now. I'm getting gold participation in each event.

What am I doing wrong that I still don't have enough keys, even though I'm only running the meta once?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Did it for the first time the other day for a Soo-Won weapon skin. The entire theme of this map seems to be copy and paste. 😞

There seems to be zero variety to the bosses. The overall experience was very bland. I doubt I've ever do it besides things that require it and when the second half is released.

1 hour ago, Gibson.4036 said:

What am I doing wrong that I still don't have enough keys, even though I'm only running the meta once?

Probably not doing enough of the events? Sounds like a Dragonfall situation.

• Like 2

Just now, Khisanth.2948 said:

Did it for the first time the other day for a Soo-Won weapon skin. The entire theme of this map seems to be copy and paste. 😞

There seems to be zero variety to the bosses. The overall experience was very bland. I doubt I've ever do it besides things that require it and when the second half is released.

Agreed. There's a lot of focus on the rewards, from people's complaint to what ArenaNet chose to change, but the real problem is the blandness of the whole thing. People still feel the need to announce the boss phases at the end for any new players because it's just so weirdly repetitive.

"We killed the boss. We killed the boss again. Hey, we killed it again, that's great!"

I generally only do it to make sure I'm topped up on Imperial Favor for weekly A.S.S. purchase if none of the main EoD metas are up. It nets a couple hundred from one run, which covers me for a few weeks.

5 minutes ago, Khisanth.2948 said:

Probably not doing enough of the events? Sounds like a Dragonfall situation.

Hm, I'm keeping up with the group, and generally getting to each event at the head of the crowd. I may have to read up a bit more on how the keys get handed out to understand what's going on.

20 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

"We killed the boss. We killed the boss again. Hey, we killed it again, that's great!"

I actually have no idea how many "phases" it has because it repeats so many times. In theory the different models would help keep track but since they are all covered in the game goop ...

22 minutes ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Hm, I'm keeping up with the group, and generally getting to each event at the head of the crowd. I may have to read up a bit more on how the keys get handed out to understand what's going on.

Oh ... I forgot you can also buy keycards so I guess it is more TD than DF.

• Like 1

I understand fishing nerfing at the end, because people used to park with their alts and they made huge impact about Ambergris prices. Because of that, people stopped doing fishing farm. Really, I get it. 
The thing I dont understand why rewards are so bad? I run the meta couple times and all I got were bunch of garbage. Total waste of time. 

Drizzlewood meta is one of the best meta in the game even if it is too long, it is fun and rewards are satisfying.
Gyala will be the map where I can only visit when I want to get Soo-Won variant. Not one more.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

I've done it a handful of times, mostly before the change, a few times after, and I still don't understand the keys and chests.

My most recent run, some of the events along the way I had enough keys to open every chest, some I could only open about two thirds. I can definitely open more chests than I used to, and I like that I don't have to save them for the better red boxes now. I'm getting gold participation in each event.

Before the changes, there was a limit to how many keys you could earn from the events per day. So you would stop receiving key rewards for events. 
Now, it's true you don't get the exact amount of keys you need to open every chest via events, but you can also replay the map over and continue earning keys. 

• Haha 1