Gyala Delves Feedback [Merged]

1 hour ago, FinalShield.1968 said:

Everyone talking about how IBS was terrible are dead wrong. That kitten was peak. It was IBS: Champions that was absolutely terrible.

Agreed. Bjora alone showed how to do the split map release. Individually I found each release unremarkable, but as a whole I found it to be better than the sum of its parts. I didn’t always gel with IBS, but I can’t deny it’s up there with their most replayable and well thought out content (until Champions)

Having played through IBS and finished many of the achievements recently, I’m truly gutted we didn’t get a continuation of more maps, more story, more Primordus and perhaps keeping the Frost Legion as an ongoing threat. Champions should never have been signed off on. I’d have happily waited a year or two for EoD for more IBS without DRMs.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

I already found the last battle in the story mission very tedious and boring. Not looking forward to the new part of the meta - I have not tried it yet. I guess they do it similar like in the story again. But just made for a group of players.

In the lfg tool I already saw 1 or 2 maps (full and people queuing) where people advertised that they are at the 2nd part. Or at the last of the first part.

And no one trying to start the event in the fresh map. Guess it will be mainly people queuing trying to be able to join at the end for the boss - or for later for the adventures ...  until they have their main achievements done and then moving to other maps lol.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

1 hour ago, Luthan.5236 said:

I already found the last battle in the story mission very tedious and boring. Not looking forward to the new part of the meta - I have not tried it yet. I guess they do it similar like in the story again. But just made for a group of players.

In the lfg tool I already saw 1 or 2 maps (full and people queuing) where people advertised that they are at the 2nd part. Or at the last of the first part.

And no one trying to start the event in the fresh map. Guess it will be mainly people queuing trying to be able to join at the end for the boss - or for later for the adventures ...  until they have their main achievements done and then moving to other maps lol.

It’s similar, but utilises the turtle. The basic mechanics are the same though

7 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Do the basic filters decay faster now?

Used to be able to make it from one camp to the next on a fresh filter charge, but I tried tonight for the first time after patch and ran out before the next camp was taken.

Not for me. I lost maybe 7 charges between camps including fighting the coalescent

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Randulf.7614 said:

Not for me. I lost maybe 7 charges between camps including fighting the coalescent

Hm, I asked others doing the meta, and a few said it felt like it.

But we did fail the map, so perhaps it was just that we weren't moving efficiently enough between each camp. I'll have to give it another go with a more organized map and see if that was the issue.

• Confused 3

On 5/24/2023 at 8:34 AM, Kalavier.1097 said:

Mai Trin's final acts, Blish's death, those things are more recent and haven't been resolved by the commander.

Is there anything there to resolve though?

Characters that one is happpy to have in the rearview mirror, hopefully to never see again (outside of a fractal), seem like they are already resolved.

Superimposing turtle mount. The whole 2nd part of the meta felt like a tedious mini game. The event is too long to complete to start from the beginning till end.

Followed by opening 35 chest scattered all over half of the map after the last boss. is it possible to fix this part like how its done with Drizzlewood Coast? Relocate all the chest closer? (Reoccurring scenario. With hindsight of Drizzlewood Coast, the chest location was revised later and placed in a circle at the end of the meta event). Can Anet dev kindly reconsider doing the same for this event? 

Lastly, Special Ops collection "precursors". (Another reoccurring hindsight of Bjora Marches collection. Players that already crafted Ritualist Ancient Armor skins and have their collection unlocked before this whole story is introduced needs to be addressed like before with Boreal Weapons collection precursors). 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

16 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Do the basic filters decay faster now?

Used to be able to make it from one camp to the next on a fresh filter charge, but I tried tonight for the first time after patch and ran out before the next camp was taken.

Measure time in minutes, not in event completion. Different groups will take different amounts of time to complete same events.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2

-Gyala Delves up until the 3 platform boss should have been the only meta. The 3 bosses could have been improved then following the champ run the map goes into the peaceful mode for the collections and adventures.

-The story should be the only place to contain the big purple Oni and then they COULD have turned that into a strike mission.

-So which is canon? Us with our allies going up the tunnel or the zerg of fellow players?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2023 at 9:34 PM, Krzysztof.5973 said:

Anet outdid themselves. This is worse than end of IBS. 🤩🎉🎉

I just finished the new story chapter, after starting it a few days ago and having to stop because of a bug.  Oh.  My.  God.  There's an hour of my life I'll never get back.  One might think that, as an old lady, I'd loooooove a story about feelings and memories and blah blah blah.  You would be wrong.  I felt like I just sat through some unholy tweener mashup of Twitter and TikTok.  The boss fight at the end of the part of the story in Gyala Delves was so mind-numbingly repetitive that I literally thought it was bugged.  And finally, the pièce de résistance, the rewards from the story:  a few pieces of unidentified gear, a bunch of LITERAL garbage like broken lockpicks, and a few other items so non-noteworthy that I don't even remember what they were.

Those who enjoyed it, I salute you.  You are made of sterner stuff than me.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 4
  • Confused 1

Anet, I am so begging you to please please please shorten the extention meta in Gyala Delve.   That meta is sooooooooooo long that people are falling asleep and will not be interested in it after all achievements are done.  If you want to keep the map active and alive, PLEASE PLEASE for the Love of God Shorten That extention Meta.

And WHY WHY WHY did you have to make the achievement Racing at the END of the LONG LONG LONG meta.   

Edited by kathy.8291
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 7
  • Sad 1

Anet, I am so begging you to please please please lengthen the extention meta in Gyala Delve. That meta is sooooooooooo short that zoomer cant zoom and will not be interested in it after all achievements are done. If you want to keep the map active and alive, PLEASE PLEASE for the Love of Jehova Lengthen That extention Meta.

And WHY WHY WHY did you have to make the achievement Racing at the END of the SHORT SHORT SHORT meta.

For legal reasons, this is a meme.

On a side note, I saw this meta get completed in 25 minutes today. Let the community tick for a bit before we start over reacting.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2

On 5/24/2023 at 10:00 PM, Randulf.7614 said:

I concede it could use an extra skill at least. Not sure what.

The turtle should have an extra skill for the driver to be able to use the AOE canons if he is alone in the turtle.

Playing together with a guild mate and coordinating in voice chat doing the turtle adventure was somehow fun with all its clunkyness.

A day later I tried this with a random player (because no guildmate was available) and it was bad. No coordination was possible. It seems the other player had no clue what he/she was doing. So it failed badly.

So, only if a guild mate is available, I will probably do this adventure again. 

But if the turtle would have a canon-skill for the driver in "single player mode" it could become more useful for more players.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Short - but full - feedback from me on the map now that I have played the 2nd part of the meta:

The whole meta is too long. And tedious. The last boss fight is a bit more fun though. And I like that they make us split up (which they also did at the first half with the 3 platforms). This is probably a reaction to the feedback from Soo-Won where it got pretty laggy with the player staying all at that one platform for the majority of the fight.

The part where you collect stuff with the turtles ... is too long though. For the overall meta I think they should try to not skip any parts completely - for the first adjustments.

Speed up the bases by adjusting down the boss health making the events faster. Or skipping one base (middle one) by making it easy to cap (removing the bosses).

Last boss in first part ... remove one "phase". For the demolitons thing also remove one phase. I think they also need to be charged up at least 3 times?

Last boss ... also one phase/less health so it takes one phase less in average.

That could work while still  including the main mechanics from every part of that whole meta.

The timer after this is pretty lenient (1 hour). Did the jade bot adventure, the JP - both in gold. And I made mistakes and there still was enough time and I took only 2 tries (aborted first try early cause of too many mistakes). The beetle race I got silver at 2nd try. Did not try it a lot more. (Used the majority of time to finish my old achievement from the shrine guardians instead and for checking out some other stuff.) Gold might really not be that hard.

The thing with a longer timer after this ... is pretty nice. I often suggested to re-use maps like in orr ... to see how they look after Zhaitan's defeat. So far they broght back old LA. And with this a full hour for "after" stuff. Maybe we will get different approaches to this in the future. (I could see them making secondary waypoints - not a inventory icon - for permanent access. Maybe also for Gyala Delve. Though now we need the version with the adventures to be locked behind the meta so a lot of people will do the meta and we can complete our achievements.)

Armor ... is nice and I l ike how the achivements are set up. But I think I saw another thread for that one. Guess the story part (instanced story) ... was the most boring of this realeas this time.

Also the meta achievement should be entirely possible - there seems leeway with the adventures and armor - to not gold everything or not to the later armor parts (armor also costs a bit money and the later parts need t2 the bigger fractals according to wiki) and still complete the meta achivement. The stuff from the last boss fight is easy mostly. Might just require doing the fight a few times.

Edited by Luthan.5236
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

All they needed was add 1 good boss fight at the end and call it a day on the meta. And expand the map into something worth exploring. 

The second part of the meta is just horrible. 4 identical bad events of collecting the same stuff over and over again and then again for the boss fight. You barely interact with the boss, it doesn't do anything threatening, we might as well leave it there and let it be a tourist attraction. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Just finished the story.

That was kind of bad, had trouble even remembering who Cinder was.  Glad Tybalt was there though, I never recovered from losing him.

What is with the fights though?  You get the emotion machine which does... nothing useful?  You get this large enemy that can't be killed constantly attacking you or an NPC ally and you just ignore it because if you drain their health they instant heal?  Was this a mechanic explained somewhere?   And the entire story, Anet forgot this is an MMO and you sometimes play with other people.  The whole story only the lead could actually interact with anything, even the stupid orbs.  Why?

And that final boss?  I've stepped on ants that put up more of a fight.  You just run around in circles destroying walls, fight 4 enemies, then kill a haze 3 (4?) times, leaving the boss at 7% HP to which I auto attacked to death.

I finished this with my SO and we were both like... this is it?  And then signed off because we had no interest what-so-ever of redoing the meta.  It was so painful 9 weeks ago that we can't do it again.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, SinisterSlay.6973 said:

Was this a mechanic explained somewhere?

We have to lure the Ravenous Wanderer out of the cave, specifically because it heals by feeding on the Ley Line energy.

It is a story explanation, not a mechanical one, but that's what we got.

Edited by Fueki.4753

Just started it and already hate this map. That haze is the worst mechanic in the entire game. All that thing doing is brings discomfort, anxiety and strong wish to finish the storyline as soon as possible and forget about this map forever. It better be another mastery than what we have now.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/21/2023 at 4:43 PM, Sobx.1758 said:

False, both gliding AND remounting work. Being demounted by amushers doesn't automatically put you in-combat and neither mounts nor gliders are locked.

Personally, I see the complaint about map completion a bit weird since it's aimed at not much more than rushing it. From my experience, if you play the map, the map completion wasn't and isn't a problem.

You are stunned. And we have zero skills mid air.

Whenever this happens, remounting/gliding simply does not work for me at all. 
I press X to remount my Griffon: nothing
I press Space to start gliding: Nothing.
I press 2 on rewinder to rewind: Succes.

If you have different experience, than I am curious why I am unable to recover in the air myself.

Kind now want to try it now to record it to show what happens on my end

• Confused 2

13 minutes ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

You are stunned. And we have zero skills mid air.

Whenever this happens, remounting/gliding simply does not work for me at all. 
I press X to remount my Griffon: nothing
I press Space to start gliding: Nothing.
I press 2 on rewinder to rewind: Succes.

If you have different experience, than I am curious why I am unable to recover in the air myself.

I was pretty sure about it right when I saw your post, but I went on the map and checked before posting that response. You can both glide and remount.

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

10 hours ago, Sobx.1758 said:

I was pretty sure about it right when I saw your post, but I went on the map and checked before posting that response. You can both glide and remount.

I've been dismounted twice by flying over an ambush, and both times I couldn't glide or mount up again.

• Confused 2

8 hours ago, Manasa Devi.7958 said:

I've been dismounted twice by flying over an ambush, and both times I couldn't glide or mount up again.

I literally have a clip from the day I posted my initial response where I get dismounted, press space to glide and mount up again, so it's not even something I might somehow misremember. That and wiki seems to confirm my experience: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Defeat_the_ambushers!#Notes

This cripple applied to the player when triggering this effect, does not put the player into combat, although it will keep they player in if they where prior to triggering the ambush. Therefore, it is possible to immediately re-mount and evade all attacks after triggering the ambush.

If you're locked out of gliding or mounting, it's probably not just because of the ambusher spawn dismount.

18 hours ago, Tuna Bandit.3786 said:

Yeah, at this point... please do. Maybe even both of you? Maybe there's a bug to uncover here. 😉   

Edited by Sobx.1758
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

the second part of the meta just take a lot of time, if people don't help.

I already had a full squad, and we rushed through the tunnel.

Many people just mount up, run to the next door and wait there. that's why a few people have to do a lot of work.

Also kill all the phantoms. They fill the Battery and give you 3 free keys.

• Thanks 1