Gyala Delves Feedback [Merged]

The map design is what we've seen before, riddled with mobs everywhere, but no real point to some of the "events" that happen, what seems, at the same time..

The loot isn't worth doing the meta for since you need to either buy keys with karma and research notes (costly at higher tier), or spend resources, like ores and the likes, that you will not earn back. Unless you're into the green unidentified of which i've gotten after 2 meta's nearly 2 stacks. Yay, now i can buy the resources back that i've spend getting keys.

The new skins are imo "meh", and that isn't really any loot worth fighting for.

And then there's the filter system. Yeh. I'll best refrain from any comment there.

I did a map completion and am waiting to finish the storyline. After that it's bye bye map. Until it changes or something is added.

edit : And what's with the constant mail  on map change ? Djeez.

Edited by Sthenith.5196
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

Using materials to purchase map keys rather than a map currency is definitely an interesting approach. Making this the only way to get loot though means this map isn't for farming.

Having another meta focused map where you have to build bases to get deeper is tiring content to have with every release. Bjora Marches, Drizzlewood, Dragon's End, and now this is burning me out.

• Like 8
  • Thanks 3

Map looks nice and meta is alright I guess, easy to join part way through which is nice. I will say though this release feels very light on content, played 3-4 hours this eve and I've completed story as far as we can go with it, map and most of the achievements. Can't think of many GW2 releases I've gone through so quickly, apart from maybe LWS1 but then they were on a ~2 week cadence then. It's a shame as I was excited to get a decent chunk of content after a year of basically nothing new.

Uhh....

So the skybox is nice but you don't really see it. 

The multiple points of death like the giant black pit in the middle that just kills you if you go too far down, the haze, the pirahna section... combined with the general maze approach.. 

Definitely not a map I'll be returning to frequently if I even get the new skins or finish the meta achievement. 

I mean yeah, it's got a nice atmosphere and detail and I probably wouldn't mind the maze part but the whole certain parts are blocked off or you have to keep going back for your 0 cost filter system.. it's just dumb. It's literally just an unncessary trip to a specific terminal to get a buff. 

I don't really care about masteries because most of EoD's were bad, as were the RGB ibs ones. But for this you'd think adding a mastery track to the jade bot line that eliminates this need to revisit this vendor and purchase a 0 cost item with 30 stacks would be a decent, even if dull, implementation?

That's really all I have to say. The story seemed like a... we don't really have anything to add so let's just toss in Tybalt, Eir, and Almora for nostalgia sake to try to manifest somekind of emotion from the player or something. And no we have ley lines as the major solution to the energy crisis? Because I guess they didn't exist? 

See ya in a few months I guess. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 1

The complete lack of mechanics during the meta event makes me think the design budget was cut and hard, actually same with the 15 minute long story with minimalist cast but in GW 2's case that's a good thing because the cast is mostly obnoxious.

Nice visuals though.

• Like 3

A long time ago, I had a dream where a group of my in-game friends and I Roleplayed and went to search for this old mine in the Jade Sea called "Leviathan's Maw". It was deep, scary and it was shelter to some criminals and scary stuff.
Imagine my surprise when this released, I was mind-blown and friends began calling me a "Prophet" LOL!

Anyway!
The map is SO GOOD! I absolutely love the design, especially the deep parts. That's...scary and beautiful at the same time.
I love how 'clean' the game looks in EoD overall, no noise from effects, nothing to annoy you like the S3 maps (my eyes were dying there).

The thing I didn't like though is the fact that I need to use the filters...which kills the joy of exploring 😞
Another thing is that meta kills the joy of exploring too, you -need- meta in order to explore those beautiful parts and it just makes me sad. I don't want to be restricted with time, let me explore and have fun!

Edited by Blur.3465
  • Like 15
  • Thanks 1

Didn't play much of it yet, just story and 1x meta, but I like the design of the map. Meta rewards seem kind of bad. Final meta encounter is... pretty meh -but if they keep providing metas with varied difficulty/engagement levels here and there then I'm fine with that. I don't see the value of the filter masks, other than some rp immersion maybe.

• Like 2
  • Confused 2

The map is utterly gorgeous, but I have to say, that's where my praise for it ends.

Unlike most of the players, I don't mind the filter mechanic.  What I do mind is the fact that the filters that you need to pay for also last a fraction of the time.  The magic find buffing one is so short of a duration you can't even complete one sector or the final meta boss on it.  You're paying for the buff!  You shouldn't need to also buy it three times over, interrupting your fights.

The loot is incredibly underwhelming.  The small limit of keys that drop from events is frustrating and the high price of additional keys for lousy loot makes it pointless to bother there as well.  The daily limit of key drops from events needs to be at least quintupled for this quantity of chests, especially if this is the number we can expect from part 2.

The fights aren't interesting either.  The bosses have no challenge, they're just sacks of HP that people run out of filters during if they forgot to re-up before starting.  There are no interesting mechanics, and no threat either.

Edited by Drarnor Kunoram.5180
  • Like 9

Pros:

The map is really pretty and the meta for the msot part isnt bad, also finding non radioactive jade is really nice and i wish more of the jade sea looked that same tint.

The new meta event spawn system could be really good if the rewards arent massively nerfed after one run.

Edit: I wanted to add the story in the positives, althou insultingly short what we did get was quite good so kudos on the team and the va's.

Cons:

The haze as a mechanic is executed horribly imo, furthermore its very strange that it isnt part of a mastery line.

The meta falls flat on its face by the end with an incredibly unengsging final fight. The rewards feel very underwhelming too and you seemingly stop getting keys for the day making this farm worthless after 1 run per day.

Despite the meta aproach this map should have had a couple of smaller events to give it more character than simply being a map that exists for the meta, it should be the other way around.

Its incredibly disappointing that the first new release for eod doesnt add more fishing content, the deep is its own biom and not having a fish collection with new fish for it is just a big letdown.

Final thoughts:

This should be a full on episode on its own in terms fo quantity and quality with the subsequent releases making it even bigger and better. "It will be good in x months" isnt a good selling point for ppl to get invested or interested and the only reason it was ok with bjora was because after 2 months we got the rest of it, i dount this will be the case here.

After first teasing this update nearly a year ago this has been one of the most underwhelming releases since champions, incredibly weak and doesnt inspire confidence on this new model for gw2.

Edited by zealex.9410
  • Like 18
  • Thanks 2

my feedback on the map and feedback about this update 

1st off the good things

as a long time gw2 player (started playing since the last public beta before gw2 came out)

the map is visually stunning i like this little things the devs have put in like sharks/fishes stuck and encased in jade  the massive bones of massive fishes  hanging up there by jade and the more and more warped areas the deeper u go down I'm noticing some Oreian stuff too like trees plant life at the bottom levels (i could be wrong it could be the same assets I'm not sure) and large too 
the npcs are cool to lission too as always make the map feel like a part of the world

the over rewards are fine and nice

the things i didnt like (sadly there alot)

once again its a meta map (meaning do this one meta map shuts down restarts meta) kind of getting boring and tiering doing that for maps that are cool and stunning only to not to be able to explore the map because we are gated in terms of time and areas until the meta progresses can we stop doing these kind of meta's or at lest switch it up this is two in a row for EoD the last map and a year later its littery the same meta different map it feels off it feels "phoned in" it feels thought again the map design is grate it feels the devs just did the easiest and quickest thing to do for the map and not give it its own flair

story content after a year of waiting
(since season 1 got put back in and reworked)

is the shortest bit of story telling ive seen in gw2 so far (having played all LW's and playing this in my slow style i do (e.g normally takes me 2 -3 hours to do the story stuff where most people take 1-2 hours) littery clocked in at 40 mins and suddenly just stops no indication no to be continued no mention of lets go think on this ill get back too u heck even the story mission says wait yes you could take gakis word  and say yes we need a plan as "next story patch" but it seems like the story was just cut, stopped in its tracks for no reason

the rewards are the worse I've seen in gw2 for this meta/map 
solo talking about the meta chest rewards NOT the vendor rewards
why are we constantly getting gems/jewels from the chests when a there no point to me to slot them in my Armor because there a very small stat gain if anything and b 90% of the gems/jewels cant be sold on the marketplace so I'm stacking gems in my bank for littery nothing what is the point with this?

the over rewards are fine and nice

no books, logs, journals, no world flair, no exploring  

what happened to the here a paper an npc left for us to read what that person is experiencing/happening where the npc dialog that isn't tied to the meta (since dialog repeats when the map resets the meta) where are the little bits of things that make the map more like its meant to be there or has always been there it feels missing feels very strange

so honestly what we got was a 40min to an hour story setup 
and an hour long meta that repeats 

I'm really disappointed maybe people where looking at this patch as the template of this is how things are gonna work and progress to stay interested in the game and the mmo but to me this patch is underwhelming short and not a positive outlook on things to come i hope this improves and quick

if this is a sign of the way the new things are going to work and this "Mini-Exp" workload they announced and how things are going to be for the long term this Really needs to be put back on the drawing board and re-planed re-discussed
I'm not expecting  however a 12 hour story patch or a crazy map with 1,000s of things to do
but this is even less then what a living world patch (since even that had at lest an hour -2 hours story content and a map that u could farm do and still find out new things logs/jornels lore and everything that makes gw2 grate) and after a year of waiting for new things and the continue of "now dragons are done what now" this seems like a major let-down  i hope things get better

• Like 3
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Gibson.4036 said:

Teapot's working really hard to seem upbeat.

Before EOD even came out in 2022, he said he wouldn't even do the story, he said he will just play wvw, he said it on a live stream, so you can't guess what he's thinking.

• Like 3
  • Confused 1

It's the shortest story, for the first episode and none of the roadmap dates mention when the next one will be out, right now, it looks like we will get the second episode in july, to that means, they are still working on episode 2, i thought because the first one was short it would mean the second would be out sooner.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Izzy.2951 said:

This is what we can expect from now on:. Cheap content, no major updates to other modes, or putting gw2 into the next step like HoT did.

- straight reutilized HoT loot table(its drop barbed thorn https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barbed_Thorn ) LOL.,

- reutilized textures from verdant brink + silverwastes.

- the "format" resembles bjora marches.

- blandest enemies possible, "dark things".

The crown will be if they announce a strike mission to defeat the void blob LOOLLL.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, ugrakarma.9416 said:

- straight reutilized HoT loot table(its drop barbed thorn https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Barbed_Thorn ) LOL.,

- reutilized textures from verdant brink + silverwastes.

- the "format" resembles bjora marches.

- blandest enemies possible, "dark things".

The crown will be if they announce a strike mission to defeat the void blob LOOLLL.

Dragon cycle is over, get use to it.

• Confused 6

5 hours ago, AliamRationem.5172 said:

I wish they would stop reusing the unstable magic mechanics for open world champions.  It sounded like a good idea, but the implementation is so ridiculously one-sided in how it punishes melee.  

If you intend to keep using this mechanic please do a balance pass and lighten up on the melee hate.

What are you talking about?

Literally crowd control the boss and it'll put the unstable magic mechanic on a 30 second time out period.

This doesn't punish melee as much as you think it does. It punishes people for not bringing any crowd control abilities.

10 hours ago, Forgotten Legend.9281 said:

1) constantly needing to go buy more filters (maxx 30, so you can't even stack them) because they run out before finishing the subzone. 

Don't forget that you need them also whenever you swap the instance. I've had to find a spot to die 3 times yesterday (there is no quick way to do this) just to go grab a new filter after the crashes on new map.
We can keep battery charge, but not filters. It seems like more of a chore than mechanic. At least the free filters are not limited (to x per day e.g.).

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

The Good

1. Moving on from dragons to the mysterious void. Jade appears to act like a ghostbuster trap to the void, so I suspect in the future we'll see a tie-in of kicking a jade block under a ghost/demon and watch it get sucked in. Gorrick is Egon Spengler, Rama is Peter Venkman, Yao is Ray Stantz, and the Commander is Winston Zeddemore. Sounds cheesy, but I'm game for this.
  2. The map overall is quite nice and adds a new activity to breakup the monotony.

The Bad

1. Character development is a little lacking. Rama and the Commander seemed out of touch. Not really caring and just doing whatever to kill the time. It picks up a bit near the end, but the emotion seems a bit lacking.
  2. Anet needs to fix their dialog system. They need to have characters interrupt right away. The silence between interrupts is pretty bad.
  3. The meta lacks purpose and some added difficulty. I think it could be great if they change it around a bit. Give players a chance to build up the mining camps (like Verdant Brink) and have meaningful defence missions while others move on with the main advance. Right now everyone pretty much follows the red circle and bounces between the east/west ends to kill whatever boss and move down to the next stage. It's very linear and uneventful.
  4. The GW2 renderer sometimes drops important visibility mechanics, like some of those void orbs that hit you for a good amount of damage. So many times I take damage because the game isn't rendering the kitten void orbs. Please Anet, fix your renderer. You cannot just make things disappear on whatever heuristic your game uses to keep it running. Find other ways to optimize your game. Even players or mounts disappear after a certain threshold, and I maintain high settings to help mitigate that, but still it happens.
  5. So many chest drops, but no keys to open them. Given the poor payout of those chests, there's no way I'm going to buy the crazy expensive miner keys just to open them. I suspect Anet's is attempting to recalibrate the economy by draining the cheap penny materials to make them more costly again. But offers like 2 ectos for a key? Nah man, that ain't happening. Nah eh. Now now, not ever.

The Ugly

1. Filters in their current implementation is an anti-game pattern. It's clear they wanted a way to justify using jade batteries in the new zone similar to how they were used in the rest of Cantha for defensive/offensive boots, but this is not the way. Either take the easy road and let us stack them up to 200+ charges, or tie them into some mastery mechanic that allows the rebreathers to drain your jade power levels directly. Higher mastery provide more oxygen time per unit of jade power consumed. There should also be boss attacks that threaten your filter lifetime and require players to take cover, go into isolation, or something to avoid draining. There has to be some threatening mechanic to give them purpose beyond adding extra clicks by the player.
  • Like 10
  • Thanks 4

1 hour ago, BumboJumbo.1308 said:

What are you talking about?

Literally crowd control the boss and it'll put the unstable magic mechanic on a 30 second time out period.

This doesn't punish melee as much as you think it does. It punishes people for not bringing any crowd control abilities.

Sorry, but the average GW2 player isn't all that great gameplay-wise. What you're writing simply means punishing people for bad other players. It also seems that some of the defiance bars are too strong - but maybe I just had bad luck with the players I've done the meta with yesterday.

• Confused 1

11 minutes ago, Nate.8146 said:

The meta lacks purpose and some added difficulty. I think it could be great if they change it around a bit. Give players a chance to build up the mining camps (like Verdant Brink) and have meaningful defence missions while others move on with the main advance. Right now everyone pretty much follows the red circle and bounces between the east/west ends to kill whatever boss and move down to the next stage. It's very linear and uneventful.

This could be cuz it's just a half of the map, so I assume that meta will continue south giving it move of a polished finale.

Great looking zone, despite the toxic green areas. Really nice details and atmosphere.

But the story was way too short, and having to wait months for a conclusion... If that's the future of GW2, "Entertain yourself with repetitive metas until actual new content is released", I don't know. That's not how I enjoy playing an RPG.

• Like 13
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1